6 plant Limit Grow in a 5x10 (GDP)

Hope to inspire others to create an simple effective grow . I have a 6 plant legal limit with all outdoor banned . This will be a personal product grow for my own use .

I’ve done DWC , Outdoor , Hempy Buckets , Coco drain to waste etc .

Here is the plan
6 large trees
Hempy Style in 5-10 gallon containers
Running GDP in Coco
Running Vented cooled 1000 watt HID and HPS
LED (next run )
Adding auto watering on a 60 gal reservoir with a pump and flora flex drip trays (first time)
I plan to hand water daily using GH nutes PH set to 5.8 and allowing some drift .
Only using auto watering when needed .
Dropping seeds in a glass of water for 24 hrs
Planting in deli cups until week 3
Transplant up to 1 gallons then to 5-10 gallons
I hope to show what can be done in a limited count grow in a 5x10 room with limited time and good ventilation and old style vented hoods with a controller and hope to add CO2 at least during flower ?
Sounds stupid but how do I post pics ?
Do you need your pics on a server ?

11 Likes

Hempys are great :slight_smile:

but growing trees Krusty Freedom Bucket will grow redwoods

all the best and cannot wait to see what you do

Dequilo

7 Likes

When you hit the reply button, then hit this button.

@crazy4coco this right here

10 Likes

Sounds like fun. I am a beginner with a few personal DWC grows under my belt and it has been fun so far. Happy to tag along for this one.

8 Likes

I remember reading about the Krusty system years ago so I went online to do some brush up .This is a Absolute tree system for sure especially for massive excess of lighting . I want to show simplicity if possible , hoping the new grower can get something out of this grow . The Krusty system would require a chiller and Co2 and AC due to exposed lighting and room must be sealed to get his results but boy I would love to try it thanks for the input and reminding me of the Krusty system . Im hoping to show how simple it can be with some buckets and a decent intake and exhaust with no AC in the cooler weather(lights heat the room) . But I always wanted to run an air stone in a hempy , very similar to a Krusty without recirculation . Its hard to stay focused lol . last time I ran DWC and hempys with Coco drain to waste all at the same time with 2 strains . BIG MISTAKE LOTS OF WORK . The auto watering will only be tested and used if I need a fishing weekend . I want to show newbies with some buckets and couple of old lights and new bulbs with a small room with controlled intake and exhaust you can get good results. Beans are soaking !

11 Likes

I posted with Krusty and his crew back in a day on his

Krusty Freedom Board

they grew some treez but to follow them was work the would post across

three or four boards

I cannot wait to see where you go with this :slight_smile:

all the best and grow big

Dequilo

10 Likes

Update
Seeds started in a glass of distilled water
Popped roots in 30 hrs
Going into deli cups in 100 percent coco [quote=“crazy4coco, post:1, topic:54120, full:true”]
Hope to inspire others to create an simple effective grow . I have a 6 plant legal limit with all outdoor banned . This will be a personal product grow for my own use .

Here is the plan
6 large trees
Running GDP in Coco
LED (next run )
Adding auto watering on a 60 gal reservoir with a pump and flora flex drip trays (first time)
I plan to hand water daily using GH nutes PH set to 5.8 and allowing some drift .
I hope to show what can be done in a limited count grow in a 5x10 room with limited time and good ventilation and old style vented hoods with a controller and hope to add CO2 at least during flower ?
[/quote]

**[quote=“crazy4coco, post:1, topic:54120, full:true”]

Here is the plan
6 large trees
Running GDP in Coco
LED (next run )
[/quote]

7 Likes

Can I post pics from my phone ?
Sorry I tried the search bar , I guess I’ve been away from the forums too long .
Do I have to have a photo URL ?

7 Likes

Sometimes its here too. Hit reply ,then that arrow

5 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks buddy !
Now I can get some interesting pics up .

9 Likes

Oh yeah we love pics! Definitely following! And welcome to the forum @crazy4coco

7 Likes

Update
Beans are moist and happy in our new infinity dome kit . I have to say for a $35 shipped some AC infinity has quality packaging but a less obvious box would be nice .

Part of this grow is to show you can have great results with it without expensive automation .

Is the humidity dome nice Hell ya
Do you really need one Hell no
Is it convenient you bet , can you get by with a deli cup and a sandwich bag Absolutely

We soaked seeds in a cup of water for 30 hrs
Then gently planted in pre watered pure coco

The deli seeds were all planted at the same time
6 in the dome monitored via a $20 Bluetooth monitor
One was planted with a sandwich bag next to the dome .

Time to get the lights up soon !
I’ve decided I’m going to run my 600 HPS for 3 weeks once the girls get there feet established.

9 Likes

11 Likes

10 Likes

you are right there it is good if the box does not say growlights etc.

used a lot of 400 watt HIDs but 600s give you lots of bang for the buck

bulbs can get brutal as 600s are just horticulture

I love them I just retired a couple Solistek 600 that did double or single ended bulbs

all the best in your grow

Dequilo

8 Likes

I’ve had this 600 seems like forever
I updated the hood but I just run a new bulb every 2 runs . Still has an old magnetic ballast lol . I’m sure it will make them stretch a bit . In the past I’ve used T5 unit for seedlings . I’m going to try to blast them early this time . I see others getting good results with bright lighting early . I’m just planning to hang them high at first then slowly bring them lower and leave them there for 3 -5 weeks then hit them with a 1000 and maybe use the 600 for a single plant ?

I really want to upgrade to some full spectrum LED
I’m just going to wait so I can get what I really want .
I’ve looked around I like the versatility of the Photonic 1000 but there pricey . Dimmable and can be run with some bars removed , magnetic attachments of the bars . But for now running the old magnetic beast .

7 Likes

I just retired 5200 watts of MH/HPS double ended but still ran a single ended bulb

now and again

I have some digital 400 watt ballast but 400 watt bulbs can be hard to find

I just built lights over the last month

ended up which 5 - 300 watt fixtures and 2 - 200 watters all dimmable down 8 watts

I did 3500k so I can do start to finish1900 watts all said and done was about a buck a watt

with my time being free :slight_smile: I did build them at work and the maintenance men did make the frames

I give them clones to grow so they help me

the boss did pay me so he covered my labor

cannot wait to see where you take this

Dequilo

7 Likes

I miss having access to a full fabrication shop . I’m getting stoked about this one . I updated all my controls about 5 years ago and never was able to fire up the grow . Brand new Titan environmental controller with co2 functions . Brand new 4000 light box and intake and exhaust system. We’re legal for growing here and legal recreational. Actually liked the medical card better . It use to be big plant counts but now your regulated to 6 . I want at some point to go to a sealed room . It’s already sealed but I need to get setup with the c02 . What I would like to do is run my current venting in veg then close up the vents and add co2 in flower .

Being retired has its perks lol

It’s a hobby for me now and a way to have access to great medicine .

8 Likes

and not support narco terrorists :slight_smile:

I grow for the head it kills me to even think about paying for a plant that will almost grow

itself

be safe and stay free

Dequilo

8 Likes