6 plant Limit Grow in a 5x10 (GDP)

Let’s hear your favorite Myco for coco . I’ve always kept the grow nutes basic . Base nutes with some Calmag and some foliage spraying . I have done lots of DWC and newer seen a need .I see many growers using it now with hydro . My regiment for feeding as of now will be . Base nutes at 1/4 strength working up to full through veg , adding koolbloom in flower and dropping nitrogen some in mid flower . Curious how others are doing maintaining colonies in coco drain to waste ? I’m thinking on adding 20 peercent worm castings as well .

8 Likes

Sometimes I will have a a couple of grams of Leucistic Ecudorian Cubensis when I have a bit of time. I just laugh and laugh. It never occurred to me to offer some to my plant. Hydro Shrooms!!

7 Likes

Ya for sure
Would be a great time to be using a loop lol

7 Likes

The girls are getting ready to graduate . The humidity dome was convenient but can be done without . The large wax cup was direct seeded in moist coco and popped in 5 days . The small solo cup separate was planted with the others with just a sandwich baggie over it for a few days .
New light going up next week !

8 Likes

I love babies :slight_smile:

8 Likes

SMURF!

8 Likes

9 Likes

and so it begins :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What is that light? Can you show a better pic?

8 Likes

Seems like a lot of light. I try and only use the least amount of electricity as possible and i bet that light is is too much and you could save some $ lol i wasted a lot of money on my lighting journey. And i wish i listened in the begining and saved my money. Oh well hind site 20/20.

8 Likes

4 foot Florescent T8 32 watt per bulb x6
So under 200 watts
I have a dimming 580 watt Led coming from the big brown truck . I was really on the fence about upgrading . My grow is long and narrow 5.5 x 11 so hoping 3 will fit nicely in that space . The fixture is 39 wide and will be running 6 in that space .

10 Likes

Update
Lighting is updated and looking good ! Running at 20 percent at 24 inches .

12 Likes

what is the light? :slight_smile:

Thanks

9 Likes

Looks like a Samsung model board light fixture? Or
MIXJOY model cant see?

9 Likes

Hey there man. Hope to see some awesome plants growing soon. In my opinion. If you’re doing hydro I suggest probably a 4 gallon fabric pot for better and fasterbdry back time. :facepunch:t3::v:t3:

10 Likes

Samsung leds , 3000 and 5000 a tiny bit is far red
Honestly really good components for the money . Vipar Spectra XS 4000
I was really impressed with the quality . Extruded aluminum heavy duty frame/ heat sink . Dimmable from 0-100 percent . Comes with ratchet pulleys and rated at 500 watt max . Makes a nice 3x5 light but plan to add two more in a 5x11 . If I had deeper pockets I really like the photonic bar lights . It’s always a crap shoot online ! I’m really happy with the purchase as far as quality and spectrum. I really think you could flower with this light easily ! Numbers are off the charts even in the far corners . You could actually use co2 with this as some videos I seen showed intensity in the 1200 -1500 range lowered at 100 percent . We will see soon lol ! Turned down to 15 percent is more than enough for seedlings .

10 Likes

Thanks !
I was on the fence as I need trays or saucers and risers for bags . Last time I used buckets in buckets for runoff . I like the bag concept and never tried . They sure air prune well ! I want everything on wheels so I can easily adjust plants around . Maybe I’ll be trying those and build a rolling base with a drain pan with a drain ?

Thanks for the reply ! KEEP EM GREEN !

11 Likes

Getting things dialed in
Really happy with the new LED setup
So after the 3 different ways I started seeds , I liked the tall paper 20 0z cups and direct seeding keeping the coco moist.
We’re getting things dialed in for temps and Humidity . Humidity has been a bit low , working on that at the moment .

After some consideration and recommendations I’m going to run 3 gallon buckets for the coco plants .

Building rolling units for 2 DWC bubblers with 4 stones and 10 inch net pots .

12 Likes

I’m tuned in for this deffo!

10 Likes

doing the same here after going to all LEDs :frowning:

but loving the 202$ light bill instead of the 400+$ :slight_smile:

I had to break out a Dehumidifier I have not used in years

getting there just a bit of a learning curve from HIDs

riding a long

Dequilo

11 Likes