A small grow to start with

Glad to see you back at it Sir.

12 Likes

This does prove to be difficult. I have found that if you take a pair of hemostats and squeeze a little bit on the husk it splits more and comes off. Much easier. Seriously spooky when you’re doing it. but since I first thought of it i’ve had 100% success getting them off without doing too much damage.

Now that I said it, I’ll probably screw up the next one…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

17 Likes

Ive gotten good at holding the shell husk between my fingers and then using a tiny pick to pull the shell away from the other half. Or i try both picks one on each shell half. Or i have a tiny set of tweezers and any combination of them.

13 Likes

Thats a hard task if you ask me. Specially if you shake as much as I do. You have to be surgical about that. Lol

12 Likes

I was checking the plants last night and noticed the
lavender x candy rain have nice purple color to the underside of the leaves!

14 Likes

That’s awesome there still so young :exploding_head::exploding_head:

13 Likes

Lol my high ass forgot to post the pics ha ha ha!

Here :joy::rofl::man_facepalming:

19 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: that’s absolutely EPIC! @PreyBird1

11 Likes

The little guy is growing! It looks like some weird bug bites??

Heres the rest. After looking around a bit more on the leaves…

Aha i knew something was up. I found a god damn thrip! Took it out!
but good hell we get lots of them in the garden outside.

Yep these little dimple spots are telltale signs! There hard to see for sure if you all cant see them ill repost a pic showing the bites. It took me like 10 minutes to find the thrip.

15 Likes

Well the tiny plant is chugging along. I figure its a survivor and ill let it grow to the end. It deserves to live! Heres our group. I put down a bunch of thrip traps in case. I cant belive i got a thrip down there and it was a big one! Thrips are really pretty tiny so it would have been a giant sized one. If they happen come back ill use some montery garden spray. That stuff kills thrip so good.

I just bought this new led for seedlings. I really like the led with uv but at $25 each that get kinda expensive. Ive already gone through 2 light fixtures and like 6 bulbs in 3yrs. I dont like replacing things a lot so im gonna try this light out.

https://growershouse.com/il-ilw-2-5-single-xtra-wide-led-rail-47in-40-80w-120-277v

I went with the 80w. And i tried to buy this 4 months ago and it was hard to find in a 80w. And 5yrs warranty!

15 Likes

Yeah man, good to see you back at it brother!

9 Likes

@PreyBird1 You don’t do anything small do you?

12 Likes

Well nope i tend to overdo things a lot!

13 Likes

LOL, ain’t that the truth from the truthhound! I only have a 2x2 tent so my idea of a small grow is what I grow in

@PreyBird1 starts a thread “Small grow to start with” so I figure a plant or two just to keep things going. Click in and first pic I see is like :point_down::joy::joy::joy::joy:

You can go big, or you can go Preybird big :100:

23 Likes

So Many FLOWERS! Save me, Tom Cruise!

11 Likes

19 Likes

Translated-transplanted the plant’s last night.

Looking good. I went right to 3 gallons will top them sunday maybe!

17 Likes

What did they say? :rofl: :rofl:

14 Likes

They say… I’m a big kid now… lmao

11 Likes

Loose translation since deciphering their native language has eluded humans for millenia…they said “Thank you for the new homes Prey, now leaf us alone!”.

10 Likes