Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

Good old trick we used for zipper lubricating when we were growing up is househould wax. My mom was a seamstress/upholstry worker professionally and made all kinds of couches cushions, dentist chairs were her specialty. But she did side jobs also. She could re-do any old seat cover for boats motorcycles anything. She was a very talented lady…but she always used wax to lubricate zippers especially the rough metal on metal one that come in huge rolls of zipper fabric. Also neutral colored candle or even an old crayon works. Some used clear chapstick.

6 Likes

Hiya, Michael! I’ve been lurking for quite some time. Not a lot to say here on my own behalf. I probably won’t be setting the tent up until Fall. Going to grow outdoors again for my second grow. Really need to start some beans soon!! School is keeping me very busy! Having said all that, I’m in for any clones you have lying around. :seedling: :seedling: Are they regulars? Thanks for the offer!!

I probably have enough seeds but may be looking around for more and I’d like to try an auto or two, just to get a feel for them. I just haven’t had time to plan my grow. Need to get on that!!

5 Likes

Great suggestions for if/when zipper gets wonky. Thanks so much!!!

8 Likes

Would you like to try some of my crosses? ???

4 Likes

I would LOVE to try some of your crosses! Very nice of you to offer. I love your grow(s)!!

5 Likes

I have about 8 Toxie clones that haven’t died due to (criminal) neglect. I’m keeping one of the red toxies to re-grow. You are welcome to some all or none of them. I have no intention of growing them and if they are still living mid-april, I’m planting them down behind the wolf sanctuary. I’m pretty sure the critters down there have their populations kept to a minimum. Tell me how many you want and we can get them going! (caveat emptor: they freakin’ stink. i wouldn’t grow them outdoors if I wanted to keep anything secret. but don’t let me stand in the way of your dreams.)

And I’m going to plant one of my wash clones along one of the rails to trails nearby.

I hope you do grow some of his autos. I’m going to start growing his Harold and Kumar and Bazooka Blueberry autos ~May 1st to grow outside. When I started my autos in April last year, the humidity and fluffy pollen was out of control when the autos were in flower and sticky af. I’m also gonna try my last ISK seed from @mudman

8 Likes

Oh really…? That gives me a whole 'nother month.

3 Likes

Is this a sort of version of people who leave painted rocks on trails for all to enjoy? If so, I love it!

Looks like I’m going to have that chance!! So excited to try autos.

As for Toxies, what would you suggest? According to my medical mj card, I can have ten plants and have plans to start @970cannetics 's Cherry OG seeds, whatever @repins12 sends me, and an an interesting variety of seeds that @bobette sent me that includes CBD/CBC seeds - really excited for those, too!

This time around, I am going to try to stagger my strains, so they aren’t all ready at the same time again!! Nothing like harvesting 5 huge plants in a week’s time! I also have to take the sexing into account and this year, I’m not gonna wait 100 days for nature to take it’s place. I’m gonna learn how to force the gender reveal.

Just let me know when and I can come pick up or you can drop off or I can finally buy you that beer(s) at Buzz’s. I owe you at least one! Oh wait, doesn’t have to be beer, it can be wine, mead, cocktail, whatever!

Really looking forward to watching the outside grows again and for people I haven’t seen in awhile to return to the forum.

Talk to ya soon!

8 Likes

Make sure that Bobbette didn’t send you any of my crosses. I don’t want to duplicate, unless that is what you want. I’ve got a few mutant photo crosses as well but wuold prefer to send them to someone that is gonna use them come spring. I have a couple of people on other sites growing them indoors :v:t4:

6 Likes

Hi Gary, I’m pretty sure none of yours are in what she sent me, but I’ll DM you a list to make sure. Totally understand your wanting to send to somebody growing this Spring. Check DM. Thanks! Chris

6 Likes

I just posted some pics of 970’s cherry’s on his thread if you haven’t seen them, good looking ladies. 4 distinct plant phenos, two basic aromatics, I got 1 early herm of 6, no nanners I’ve seen on the others, I’ll see when I chop in a week or so.

6 Likes

Gotcha :+1:t4: :v:t4:

6 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m pretty sure I’ve visited your journal and I know I’ve visited 970’s, but my memory sucks, so I’ll make a point to visit again tomorrow. I’m about to leave for the evening for a local live music event - miss live music SO much!!!

8 Likes

Hey girl! Been a bit.
None of what i sent you is from repins12.
Nice to see you still at it.
:green_heart::v:

8 Likes

Hey Bobette! I bet you are preparing for a huge grow outside!! I’m getting really close to starting up my seeds. So psyched! Hope you are doing well. Chris

8 Likes

I’ve started seeds. Going to clone flip them, make sure only females go outside.
So what are you planning for your outside plants?
DM me your info again. I have a bunch of new ones I can share. Regs and fems… I’m out of town for the next 10 days. But will get to it when I get home.

8 Likes

We miss seeing you around @bobette. Hope things are well for you. :+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

Doing better. Getting over covid sucks. Just doesn’t want to go away…
Hubby made me a new cloner.
Getting back into everything.
See ya around!:v::green_heart:

8 Likes

That’s the plan. I’m clearly not growing any more of this for me.

I mean, what if we all started doing this? Just weed growing wild everywhere it shouldn’t be?

Edit: I still have lots of seeds I am keeping for me and my family. This plan is for all the other other seeds that I seem to have accumulated over the past few years. Most are completely unknown/bag seed. Or random seeds I’ve gotten from people who think I grow weed. I don’t know why.

I swear, if ANYONE asked me for seeds, I’d give them seeds that I’ve purchased and have a known result. I’ve sent you my list of seeds. I’d give you (or anyone) almost whatever.

I don’t want to give THESE PARTICULAR seeds away to people I know. So I’m just going to germinate and plant as many as I feel like I can comfortably do.

8 Likes

tag me in your new grow, if ya would!

7 Likes