Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

Sorry to hear he passed. We never got an actual arrow, just the patch. Did you do the ceremony with the tap out when you got it? Anyway looks like we have lots of scouts and parents of on here. That’s a good thing!

3 Likes

I would keep the lid on for now to keep the RH up for the babies. And I would raise the light a few more inches. Maybe 6-9 inches above the top of the seedlings? Not sure what the consensus will be for that question.

Same with these plants here.

1 Like

Congrats on the newborns. Love them well you shall!
Prey has heard plenty about his wreck…last wreck Im talking about so he surely has heard it before, from many of us. God awful and lucky to be walking …again… sorta. LoL
As prey mentioned it’s exactly what you thought, just moving up to bigger pots once ya have a great root system bulking up. Great whites not that expensive and little goes a hella long way. Funny story - my cap somehow got crushed in shipping and the tinfoil seal opened. When I excitedly ripped open the package my entire God dang kitchen looked like a fire extinguisher went off. LoL didn’t loose much and got another jar sent.

5 Likes

Yikes!!! I’m about to order either Great White or Dynomico. Both are in my Amazon cart while I think about them. Same price. I may go out today and check some local prices before going for Amazon.

Love them I shall and already do!

3 Likes

Whew. Good, cuz I kept the dome on all night and it’s still on. Thanks about the lites, I raised them several inches. I have an RH device somewhere from a library archive class I took a year or two ago. Humidity is a huge issue with archive materials … I need to find that baby. I also ordered and just received a pH meter, light meter, something else (water?) meter and a soil thermometer. All cheapies, for now.

Looks like both my SkyGod beans and two of my Hash God beans have popped out of the soil. Still waiting on the White Runtz, etc. … maybe that’s why they call it runtz? LOL … So, now I really need to read up on what’s next. How/what/when to feed; prepare for transplant later; etc. Yes, I’ve read many strategies, but after awhile my brain locks up and my eyes glaze over. I really should be taking notes as I read. Memory isn’t what it used to be LOL

Thank you!!

3 Likes

Here’s how I use them (what they are for)!

3 Likes

We got a patch and the sash that’s white with the arrow on it. I put it on dad. When he was dressed for the funeral!

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I probably should have used the search option for binder before bugging you. LOL. I have so much to learn and try!!

3 Likes

Cool for sure I am sure he knows. we just got the little round patch with the arrow on it no sash.

2 Likes

Okay, short update. Not sure what day number to call this. Help me out. I’m thinking today is Day 1 as all beans are now growing out of soil?
4/19/21: Soaked beans and then put into wet paper towels w/heat
4/20/21: First bean SkyGod grew tap root; hope I got lingo right*
4/21/21: Rest of the beans grew tap root
4/22/21: Moved beans into cell tray, w/dome, w/LED 2-4" over, no heat
4/23/21: Both SkyGods have come out of soil, move LEDs up 9-11"
4/24/21: All beans have come out of soil, first SkyGod is already 2.5" tall; too tall for dome, so I took it off

*Lingo as I understand it, please set me straight:
Bean = seed
Tap root = tiny white tail that comes out of seed
Pop = tap root comes out? Or when plant pops out of soil?
Germination = when tap root shows or when pops out of soil?
Is there a lingo page? LOL … I see a lot of abbreviations such as LST that I don’t know yet.

So, day number? The rest came out of soil today, so is today Day 1? Yes, I get mired down in the details. OCDish here. And, a perfectionist. It’s a curse and a blessing (Monk tv show quote)

Pics to be uploaded in a minutes, takes several steps for me …

Oh my goodness, there are roots coming out of the bottom of the trays, mostly from the White Runtz x Skywalker OG. They are only about 1/4th of a inch or so. I didn’t know until I started the picture taking. wowza. Is one SkyGod too leggy? Is it ‘stretching’ towards the lite? Another lingo word …

Thanks!!

4 Likes

Your light is to high thats why they stretch. When you transplant them put the dirt/media up to about .5" from the leaves. It makes better roots and stem strength. Males plants can grow faster than females.

4 Likes

If the light isn’t hot then get it right down close to the plants.

3 Likes

@PreyBird1’s super seeds!

My advice about raising the light was clearly not good. Not knowing about your Amazon special, I thought the light would be too hot for seedlings. Prey know better than anyone how his plants grow.

That’s exciting to see them take off so strong!

4 Likes

I tried to warn her. There very very vigorous! Cheap lights are no good for seedlings unless there literally on the plant. If your lights not intense enough this will happen. The plant will try and get to more intense light on its own hence the streeetch!

2 Likes

Yes you did. They are back on the plant. All is well … I hope! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just feel the temp of the light with your hand under it. If your comfortable then your plant. Just dont fry them. Does the light get warm or does it get hot?

3 Likes

Not to worry, my friend. You were the only person to reply, so I went with it. All will be well. Sorry for the late reply. My grownup daughter teacher came to visit and we caught up on
hours of ‘Walking Dead’ … ack!

3 Likes

I was going to chime in a day or two ago… but with personal tutoring from Prey I just read a bit, he is one of the best on here so I just figured you were in good hands , but no harm done, put them in a bigger cup and bury them up to close to the top like Prey said. Them dang things SHOT up overnight.

4 Likes

Germination is when the seed wakes up from moisture and warmth and begins to grow, the first thing that happens is the root comes out of the shell caused by taking in moisture. The second thing that happens is the root takes in moisture and the first leaves called cotyledons expand and split the seed coat and the outer shell drops off. At this point they should already be in the soil. Day one is when the root pushes the cotyledons up through the surface of the soil and the cotyledons start receiving light. They then turn from white/tan to slowly green as the light gives them energy to produce chlorophyll and turn green. Beans/seeds same thing. Tap root is the main root, seeds make them, clones don’t. LST is low stress training.

6 Likes

Don’t sweat it man. Were all just going to school here right. Its the lights fault and the miss information. Veggies are not high light except corn and few others so those cheap lights work ok. There just not intense enough but if you put the light right on them it works out alright for veg and seedlings. Its like a flash light. If i was really far a away and i shined it in your eyes it wouldn’t be that bad. Now if i came right up to your face and turned the light on you be blind at first. And mad lol. Lame analogy but.

5 Likes