Advanced Nutrient Line Up

I’ve been reading about optimal EC levels on the different stages, but there seem to be as many opinions as blogs and articles. Do any of you have a reliable guide or table on the subject?

I keep getting the feeling that I’m not ready for hints, ideas or directions… I need instructions. :smiley:

1 Like

You will need something stronger I run minimum 800 hid watts in my 4x8 I’m running 1200w of hps in my flower tent at the moment and 630 watts of cmh in the veg tenting my experience the cheaper amazon and ebay leds arent strong enough to carry through flower and get anything worth while a friend of mine is having great results with the mars hydro ts1000 hes running 2 for a 3x6 foot area and it’s looking amazing so far those are around 120$ on amazon or quantum boards those are the only 2 I have seen first hand produce worthwhile harvests too many of my friends and family have failed their first grow with cheap led lights like I said this is all subjective this is what I have seen and experienced I’m sure there may be a few great ones but this is what I’ve seen

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the good advice, @deusoboy420

It looks good and it’s not that expensive. I will ask my wife for one of those for the next time she gets me a gift.

3 Likes

Absolutely man I was in your shoes when I started with a low budget and unfortunately I didnt have anyone to ask these things I luckily found some cheap mh/hps lights on craigslist was too wary of leds like I said I have watched many fail with a great effort and doing everything they should have just not enough light intensity to produce anything worthwhile with one or two even 3 of the cheaper led grow lights

3 Likes

I think for your money I would go with an hlg light. They seem to get the best bang for your buck and their technology is usually right up front. The 250 u spent would have bought a decent hlg light. They put off very little heat and produce an awesome quality bud.

I also have a mars hydro 720 in my flower room and love it but for the 300 it cost I would buy an hlg all day long.

4 Likes

Is there any product in particular you can recommend?

2 Likes

If you can round up the money a quantum board from hlg is the way to go for sure best quality I’ve ever seen from leds was from a couple hlg 550s

4 Likes

I totally agree he was saying low budget that’s why I recommend the ts line from mars hydro

3 Likes

Ya I have about 8 different types of lights I use and I would build one if I was gonna drop a few hundred on a light but if u want to spend 50-60$ to get u by and fill a space you can. Eventually that 60$ light will b great as a veg or clone/seedling light. Sometimes you can only do what’s in your budget. I bought my mars hydro before I built my lights or I would have put that money to better use. But I won’t stop using it just Bc there’s better. It turns out some nice dense nugs still.

4 Likes

Hell yeah I will need some help putting together some diy lights after this next harvest I wanna build a light for the 8x4 flower tent

2 Likes

Indeed! The hlg 550s looks amazing, but it’s way too expensive for my budget :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here after fall harvest tho!!

Where r u located

I’m from Spain, but I live in Northen Europe.

1 Like

Gotcha have a couple cheaper leds you can have but prob be super expensive shipping

1 Like

You’ll love the HLG-550/600 tho. Well
Worth the $$ and finished product

Packee

4 Likes

Shipping is expensive. A package up to two kilograms from Spain costs around 60$. From what I hear I think I’ll stick to your first suggestion and go for the Mars Hydro ts 1000. I could get by with what I had before I got the last lamp (110W all in all), and with a 1000W I’m sure I’ll collect more than I can smoke. Last year I quit smoking cigarettes and I only smoke four or five joints a day, so I don’t need much to maintain myself :smiley:

3 Likes

Check out one of my flower rooms. It has such a variety of lights. This is the mars hydro 720 I told u about

These are a bunch of cheap blurple lights I have left over but see no reason not to put to use. Hey if I have the room for plants why not use it right?? And right down the other side of the room there are more scrog cages that have diy built lights that are qb like lights. I use them in whatever capacity I feel they fit best. The quick flip plants in that flower room get the blurple lights. They may end up b breeders or males or might b autos or a plant I want to play with the nutes or training. But if I have the space and a light u better believe a plant will b growing in it.

7 Likes

Vic ur in Canada ya? @deusoboy420 I see you were thinking the same lol.

1 Like

Same latitude as Northern Canada, but on the other side of the Atlantic Sea. :smiley:

Unfortunately legalization has not arrived here yet, and it’s not expected for still a long time.

2 Likes