Advanced Nutrient Line Up

Be sure that the TDS meter has temperature compensation , if not its going to give you wrong readings , the EC is very dependent from the temperature ; and be aware from different PPM SCALES (0.5 ; 0.7 ) . Testing the runoff is good indicator , but not so precise ; depends from so many things the CEC of the medium ( how much food the medium can hold) , the amount of water/food applied , the leaking factor and etc . There is more precise methods ,but harder to do it like SMS,1:2,PourThrought . The best way will be to buy EC SOIL METER , they are expensive but worth if you grow professionally .

3 Likes

You need only two bottles from all this :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I use additives Bc I can tell the difference when I don’t.

I use AN line mostly but I also use NFTG and roots and at different times of the grow the different combos are meant to unlock and trigger different reactions in the plants telling them what stages they are supposed b in.

We also brew our own teas which give them microbes that aren’t found in any of the lines. We use a soil that has a 35 day charge so technically our plants need nothing through most of veg but we start feeding early on. We push feeding aggressively and watch for the first signs of nute burn. We don’t back off at that point but hold steady at that feeding level.

Everyone feeds a little different and your lights can make a difference in your feeding schedule as well. I noticed our plants under qb and qb type lights are hungrier and require more cal mag than those under “blurple” lights. So a blanket statement about feeding and what u need is hard to make.

4 Likes

I am a hobby grower, and with a really tight budget. What would you suggest me?

2 Likes

As a hobby grower TDS meter with temperature compensation its enough , if you already bought TDS without tem. compensation , the correct reading will be on solution temperature of 25C or 77F . Testing the EC and run off after fertigation will be enough . If u want something more serious check this thing here : Bluelab Pulse Multimedia EC/MC Meter | direct from Growers House

3 Likes

Thanks for the input :slight_smile:

From which reading should I start with the fertilizers?

2 Likes

Victor. As a hobbyist grower the tds meter will only vary slightly based on temp.

This is why the hobbyist side and the professional sides are separated. A hobbyist grower is usually looking to grow and consume their own product and a simple tds pen that lets u know a range of your soil is sufficient. There’s no need to spend what a bluelab pen costs. There are hobby growers who have them and I’m not saying not to buy one. Just saying at the hobby level a simple 10-12$ tds pen will suffice.

I use one I got off amazon for 4$ and it’s done me great for 3 years and counting and I grow around 100 plants at a time. It’s all in what u want to spend.

Good luck farmer. With all the help your getting I’m sure u will have those ladies dialed in in no time

3 Likes

Thanks Justgrowin!

I ordered a TDS-meter for around 5$ (12 with shipping cost), and I have bought a 250W CFL dual lamp for around 75$. As I said my budget is small, but I my only goal is to be self sufficient and not have to depend on the black market. I just hope to increase the mediocre result I’ve had this far :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Glad u did. Can I ask why u chose those lights?

2 Likes

I thought it was the best I could get for that money (it came with the reflector). I already had a couple of 45W led panels and a couple of 10W IKEA bulbs, but I was told that was not nearly enough. I looked around and this was the lamp that gave most lumen that I could afford. What do you think? Did I made the right choice?

1 Like

Its not slightly . Its actually VERY dependent from temperature , in warmer solution the ions are more active . Is not like PH , lets say if the true reading is 1000 ppm , on temperature from 17-18C it will show you 600 ppm ! You can still find TDS with tem. compensation for cheap (20-30$ ) . Check the description of your TDS if there is tem. compensation or not , or if you want to be sure try a TDS calibration solution ,you will be surprised . Its huge difference !

3 Likes

Those lights are ok. People are moving away from them Bc of heat and energy costs. The led technology that’s out there is far surpassing any of those lights. For 250 u can build a pretty nice QB light.

2 Likes

I’m not good at all at building things :smiley: Can you recommend any light?

2 Likes

I’m not either and I built one. Lol

Check out hlg lighting. They have qb lights for decent prices. They have kits and diy lights

2 Likes

@victorw I run an HLG-600H quantum in my 8x4. Works for me but I could prob run 2 in my size tent. Lots of options. How many plants etc is a start. Maybe I missed that already In the previous post but @dbrn32 helped me out with what I wanted in my $$ range.

Cheers,

Packee

1 Like

For 25$ they will assemble the light for u if u aren’t comfortable doing it but it’s really not that tough tbh.

If u go to the AMA with sage lighting and message the lighting guy he’d help u as well

2 Likes

Thanks @Packee and @justgrowin

I’ll have to ask for a new light for my birthday this fall. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you think a lamp like this would do? It’s a 600W full spectrum light and has a reasonable price:

It says it’s a 600w most likely pulls around 200 true from the wall. I don’t know how much u consider reasonable but it’s worth around 50$ new on eBay. They will do an ok job for a plug and play. Nothing wrong with it for what they cost

1 Like

I’m growing 8 plants on a surface of between 1.5 and 2.0 square meters. Do you think that lamp would be enough, or do I need something stronger?