Advanced Nutrient Line Up

Advanced Nutrient users,what’s your favorite additives and is there a certain order they need to be mixed with the base ?

4 Likes

B52
Voodoo juice
Tarantula
Piranha
Sensizym
Ancient earth organic oim
Nirvana
Rhino skin
Big bud
But igniter
Sensi cal mag xtra
Bud candy
Bud factor x ( I made sure I had a gallon of this before they stop selling it )
Overdrive
Flawless finish

Running in this order after your base nutrients is my preference at different stages of Course

6 Likes

Which base do you use ?

3 Likes

The ph perfect micro grow bloom is a great base for beginner growers. Although I find I still have to play with the ph a little bit after mixing to reach a 6.2-6.3

3 Likes

Why are they discontinuing bud factor x?? I’ve heard so many good things about it

3 Likes

Hi you can go onto the advanced website and print off a nutrient calander you can select your base nutrients and your level of growing and they tell you what to use and when you just print off there chart.

3 Likes

Depends on your preference Dave if you’re beginning I would recommend you start with something that teaches you how to adjust your pH like jungle juice or something that’s not pH perfect so you can learn , Or if you don’t want to have to adjust your pH while mixing nutrients you can go with something like Sensi bloom ph perfect

5 Likes

I know Advanced has their nutrients calculator, I was wanting to here from hands on personal users ,the folks that know :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I am a hands on user and I use there calculator works great every time.

6 Likes

They have a team of people and scientists so I’m pretty sure what they recommend is hands on as the owner big mike has always been an advocate for growing.

5 Likes

Hey @davesnothere, I talk to the AN guys pretty much weekly and they advise against adjusting the ph in the ph perfect line after the nutes. You should do it to about 6.5 right BEFORE adding them. Also you should be using RO water with the ph perfect line just FYI in order to get more accurate and consistent results. Let the ph bounce around if it wants. There are tons of buffers and whatnot not that play into their line that work in harmony. Just make sure the water is topped up daily and you flip your res or buckets weekly.

4 Likes

Thanks for that! Will keep that all in mind👍 I know it sounds lazy but I don’t want to have to pick up a ton of ro water from the store all the time so I stick with my tap water which usually has a ph of 7 and a ppm if like 120… maybe next run I’ll use all ro water and do a comparison

1 Like

I totally get you. I was using tap water before here in California but decided to finally just get it over with and buy an RO system. It was a great investment as I use it to drink water everyday and don’t spend money on CRV for plastic anymore. I bought this for around $250.

iSpring RCC7AK-UV

Has UV lighting in it an took me about 1/2 hour to install. The only real work to do is tap a hole in your PVC drain line and use their “quick” clamp that it comes with. Super easy.

Matthew Earl - CannabisFTW

2 Likes

My RO water comes in at 0 to 20 ppm’s and pH is always 6.3 before I even add base or anything else , I was also told by advanced nutrients Grower support member at one point . not to adjust your pH when using ph perfect technology after mixing nutrients should adjust it self only time you should have to adjust your pH when using those nutrients is if you’re under watering or overwatering

2 Likes

What about using the nutrients at quarter or half strength? Do they still advise not adjusting the ph?

1 Like

As far as a pH adjustment it would be the same only difference it would make would be on your medium & whatever nutrient uptake your plant receives
@ 2ml per gal would be half strength if measured Properly you should bring your PPM’s from 1200 to 1400 depending on the PPM’s of your R/O water

3 Likes

So I mixed a batch of half strength base nutes with half strength big bud. I Ph’d the water to 6.5 before adding the micro, grow, bloom, and big bud. My ph reading after came out to a nice 6.26 with a ppm of around 840 which I’m happy with👍 Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

I use the full line of AN and I also talk to the AN guys quite often. It doesn’t matter what your starting ph is. Their ph perfect line will drop you in the desired ph for that feeding schedule every time.

You must be running a hydro system if your talking about topping off. I grow in soil and AN is by far my preferred nute line. Not the only one I use but my fav.

I find the voodoo juice can go bad before I run out sometimes and the overdrive and bud igniter are more expensive than the rest but I buy the entire line Bc of ease of use and results.

A word to the wise. Buy the base nutes in the 4L at the smallest

3 Likes

I grow in fox farm ocean forest soil. I never seem to get a decent ph that I’m happy with just relying on the ph perfect technology… my very first grow I didn’t even bother checking the ph of the water when using my ph perfect nutes and I ended up burning my plants.

Beneficial bacteria from Advanced nutrients like voodoo juice parana and tarantula should have expiration dates on them That’s the first thing I look for on the bottle when I buy em

3 Likes