Advanced Nutrient Line Up

Speaking of charged soils, I been using this premixed Sohum Organic Soil.

They claim you can go the entire grow with only giving it water, no need to add nutes or ph.

I read reviews on the product and growers said it got them all the way through veg with no problem but it began to lose some of that “organic charge” about halfway through flower.

I decided to just make use of that “water only” part in the veg stage only and it has worked great so far. I spent the entire veg cycle only watering with reverse osmosis water which is not totally pure (16 ppm) and never pHed, but once I flipped to flower last week I began pHing and adding nutrients and am currently sitting at 1000ppms

The microbiology might die off but the synthetic nutrients will pick up where the organic left off.

9 Likes

Thanks Dave. I grow on soil, indoors and auto strains.

5 Likes

Depending on what soil you are using remember you might not need the nutrients for a couple weeks or so and when you do start using them never start at full strength. AN has a basic chart in their website you can use as a guideline

4 Likes

I have checked the AN website, and Canna and Biobizz, and based on what I got home I have created my own chart for growing fast speed autos (I will now grow 5 Sweet Gelato auto and three OG Kush auto):

Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7 Week 8 Week 9 Week 10
Rhizo Tonic 4 2 2 1 0,5 0,5 0,5 0,5 0,5 0,5
Acti-Vera 2 2 2 2
Grow 1 2 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
Micro 1 2 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
Bloom 1 2 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
Top Max 1 1
Bud Candy 2 2 2 2 2 2
Big Bud 2 2 2
PK 13/14 1,5 1,5 1,5 1,5
Overdrive 2 2
Canna Zym 2,5 2,5 2,5 2,5 2,5 4

Do you think it will work?

In the weeks with many additives, should I split them and have some i one watering and the rest on the next, or is it ok to have that many at the same time?

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It really depends on strain but I’m thinking you might be pushing your nutes too strong and could see a lockout or a burn… depending on where your water source is coming from your week three already looks around 1000 ppm which in my opinion be too much, too soon. Also it does depend on how much of a charge you have to your soil to begin with! Also even though it is a ph perfect line I strongly suggest testing the ph every time just to make sure.

3 Likes

This is not always true. I use AN and I always feed at full strength. Also using AN I never have to ph my water Bc as they claim the ph is always perfect.

I use their additives as they call for in the schedule. Your soil is the biggest factor. Don’t start feeding until the charge in your soil is spent.

4 Likes

I use the water from my well, the same we use at home. The soil I use is normal gardening soil, bought at the gardening store. It has a PNK of 11-5-18. What would you suggest?

1 Like

How do you now when the soil has spent all nutrients?

1 Like

Can someone explain me , why do you guys use so many additives and supplements . Have you ever checked the labels of the bottles , whats the difference between them . For example whats the difference between PK 0-14-15 and some base flowering nutrition 3-20-20 ? The difference is 3g more of N per lbs , and those PK boosters they sell it for crazy price like 800$ per Gallon and you can buy base for 200$ for 50lbs . Just ask the manufactures of those expensive and complicate schedules whats the difference between their product and the cheap ones , and you will get answers like VEG+BLOOM owner when he was asked in video : Consistency ! Sorry but that answer is not enough to buy your product which is 10 times more expensive . U look supplements GRAM OF N per $ , not some ‘’ propriety blends ‘’

3 Likes

@eldindupljak that’s why living soil is the way imo. Although the initial startup is pricey, to have someone mix it, bag it, ship it. However, the upkeep and feeding is much cheaper than nutes…basically a 3 Tea feeding schedule over 11 day cycle. This is my first time outside and with living soil and I’ve got 9ft’r in 30 gal cloth pots

Nutes imo are just easier and less maintenance for most hobby growers. Really mindless after you get your mix dialed in. Although, you can def speed up clones and seedlings in a way I don’t think living soil can.

This is speaking outdoor only. Indoor tho, tbh it’s relatively not that bad if you cut down to just the minimum for me anyways, I go clones to flower right away, so I’m 8-10wks of feeding
6 months outdoor…that can add up

Cheers

Packee

3 Likes

Not to mention in commercial grows I would assume they can write most of those big ticket items of with some very creative accounting

Packee

2 Likes

I use three bottles…General hydroponics micro and a bloom and then a bottle microbes which is usually hydroguard in hyodroponics.

From there I will add in some superthrive from time to time

This is all of them

SX466

3 Likes

@tdubwilly agree. You can significantly cut down if you’re smart and do a bit of research. I will add tho, I only recently added root booster and cal/mag. I’ll never go without, benefits far out way the cost, especially when I don’t pay that much attention to some of my girls

Packee

4 Likes

@tdubwilly I use the 3 part of GH with the aforementioned additives. Think I’m going to go Lucas tho next rd

Packee

3 Likes

I’ve learned just to vary my Lucas formula from 1:2 to slightly different ratios depending on the stage of the grow

3 Likes

@tdubwilly I’ll be PM you and asking for direction shortly. I’m gonna fire up the aeroponic table…I believe you helped out our beloved previous owner :innocent: on the other forum

Cheers

Packee

3 Likes

Np I can help out

3 Likes

Test the ppm of your runoff.

4 Likes

I’ve just ordered a TDS-meter :smiley:

It should arrive at next Thursday or so. But… what should it show?

2 Likes

FloraGrow it doesent have anything plus that its not already in FloraMicro and FloraBloom , actually FloraMicro has much more N then FloraGrow . As well you have enough 5% Calcium in Micro ; and 1.5% in Bloom ; i dont see that you need extra if u dont grow in Coco .
Rapidstart , the root booster i have run aeroponics with and without Rapidstart , absolutely no difference .

2 Likes