Aeroponic Coco collar testing

I have had these for a while. And thought I would try them out.

I just stuck 2 into the cloner to soften and absorb the nutrients and water from the aerocloner. I just set a couple seeds on them. I’ll be back in a hour to check on them

Runtz beans going in.

3 Likes

Cool I didn’t know you could run seeds in a cloner

2 Likes

Yes you can. Normally i would use a net pot to hold a rockwook cube in it. I may do one tomorrow. But well see what happens?

2 Likes

mmm Runtz phenotype #4

3 Likes

Got pics of white caviar?

1 Like

Um maybe brb.

1 Like

No dice yet made it through 1100 pics. Ill find it.

Ahaa found them.
@MrBlue

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with that brother

2 Likes

Excellent I’ll be watching

2 Likes

ok one seeds sprouted. So i just stuck the tail into the collar a bit. Well see what happens. I kinda got the tail into the coco layers. Im hoping it grows into to collar like it’s supposed to. But in my experience when seed tap roots aren’t secure the seed can lift out as the root tries to anchor. Ive seen it a lot in root plugs and a bunch of times in rockwool.

2 Likes

Cool test, watching to see how it turns out.

2 Likes

Ok the bean is anchored and growing.

The 2nd bean popped so i set it up in the coco collar so the tap root goes into the collar hole.

2 Likes

The sprout is up. I plucked off the seed shell helmet.
The 2nd seed was not as developed as the 1st seed was so its not doing much yet.

2 Likes

Here is the 2nd seed. Its a slow one. But it’s getting better.

2 Likes

Slow sprouting this way. I would sprout and then stick them in the collar

3 Likes

Very cool… I didn’t know they had the coco that goes under the cap.

2 Likes

So you just laid the seed on top the coco plug and it sprouted? How thick is the coco disc? And do you think it could be used to go directly into hydroton balls in a RDWC system?

Something new every day for sure.

2 Likes

Yes it sprouted. Then i turned it on the tail and kinda made it go into the hole. The whole point of these is anything you want to plant in will work. And there biodegradable. There pretty thin like 1/4" they swell a little. I was hoping they’d get thicker but they work. Yes you can go hydroton or rdwc whatever you want. I start almost all my stuff in cubes or kratkys non circulation hydroponic method. Then to coco or promix.

3 Likes

My next test im using the 2" net pots filled with little rockwool cubes and a seed. I think this will be the faster way to sprout. Or i may sprout then put into the cubes in the cloner.

3 Likes