Alibaba.com

Well thats cool dank!

Took me 2 months to receive some goods through alibaba, once I bought something ( cant remember ) and received some costume jewellery. A great site to buy all the goods from directly in the USA is growershouse.com. You cant go wrong with range or quality of goods.

2 Likes

Ha and your closer.

1 Like

thx prey i try and u are a wiz urself, just finished my 5x8 room currently running my 1000 watt diy rig with 4 hlg 288v2 rspec, 4 grow maus pucks, 2 ir/farred flower initator boards. then i have the 3 board hlg 288 v2 rspec and then the 4 ft agro max pure uv flourescent bulb, the leds are running on 2 hlg 480 2100b drivers the irs are running on a small hlg driver i forget the specs then the 3 board set up is running on 1 hlg 320 1700b i believe. all in all i can push 1500 watts from the wall but no need and keep it under 800 no issues with heat as long as the venting is right.
now asking about alibaba DO NOT DO IT they are cheap and by the time they get to u there will be damage hlg is a little more but they are made in the usa actually they are about a hour away from me in ohio and i know one of the owners by the name of Amit, i stand by hlg 100% i also then stand behind 100% with pacific lighting concepts great boards i will be building one of them as soon as funds allow, chilled tech is another great one they actually did the growmau5 pucks which im running and they are sweet as well. the concept of diy might seem hard especially when it comes to things like this but fr it is super easy and i reccomend doing it diy and doing it ur way. for ex i could have bought the scorpion from hlg but it would not have met my needs so i had the boards spent 100 from zyl tech and got a 10 pack of 2020 aluminum extrusion with corner brackets and all and built a rig that is meant for my room rather then the candy cutter set up that in the end would cost 2 to 300 more. just my 2 cents lol

8 Likes

I’m from Ohio as well & not too far away…do you think that you’d be able to help me out?

2 Likes

IDK help out how

1 Like

Just a little knowledge on my venture into building my own lights…a little help with the sourcing.
Like, are the uv lights necessary & how to find them as well as incorporating them into my build

2 Likes

UV is not necessary but nice. You would be better to focus on Far Red//Photo Red during bloom (Emerson Effect).

Emerson is the reason RSPEC became popular

3 Likes

Ok…so I was going to try to incorporate the strips & pucks to try to mimic this guys build as closely as possible

3 Likes

The far red strips & pucks I mean, I was just thinking of adding in the uv lights.

2 Likes

Wanna know my ultimate light?

Mass Medical 4x4 fixture. Beast mode… Activate!! :rofl::rofl:

Check it out. Expensive AF but I want …

3 Likes

The only source of UVB which is what we want NOT A or C comes from fluorescent bulbs lights. Laim to have uvb in led which is true but not in the amt we need and the cost is insane I have a 4ft agromax pure uvb t5 hanging in my room for 8 min a hour the first run i had it on 15 min per hour at 3 ft and it was burning the plants so I cut it down to 8 min at 3ft and works great

1 Like

Deep UVA at 365nm is about 30nm off UVB delineation. You will not see a noticeable difference in either. UV lamps are expensive and don’t last long at all. Maybe a couple grows. I ditched my Eye PowerVeg FS+UVA and B lamps a couple years ago and built my own Deep UVA light. Now I don’t even use it really.

You get more benefit focusing on the right side of the light spectrum, not the left (700nm and above into IR).

1 Like

keep in mind these are most likely knockoffs and not FCC or UL compliant. This is why they blackout the name brand on labels…Electronics go through a pretty stringent regulation requirements to be used in the USA.

There are reasons we pay higher prices in the States - to be safe.

5 Likes

IEEE and ISO … the acronym list is long.

There are reason why Chinese goods are cheap. Gleaning over quality standards is one of them …

2 Likes

That is one aspect that I forget to take into consideration. Thats a great insight pops.

I tend to lean on the thoughts of just rebranding. That though is a greater point. Thank you.

4 Likes

Yesh good lord. Yeah lets not burn down our grows. Good lord.

3 Likes