Alibaba.com

Has anyone bought their electronics using this site?
If so, how was your experience?
I’m about to equip a new grow room & stumbled across their site just wanted to do a little vetting before I spent the money.

3 Likes

I have not, but I do know plenty that have. I have dabbled around on there a bit, but if your looking for quality lighting, Kingbrite is pretty decent. Uses Samsung diodes, Meanwell drivers, and reputable IR/UV specs.

It really all comes down to quality of components and hardware.

3 Likes

The site I found for kingbrite was geared more towards a diy’er…I’m trying to purchase my lights pre-constructed.

1 Like

Idk whats going on the link… its not appearing for me. But its there, just above this to the left. Lol

1 Like

Not for grow lighting. I have bought a lot of Motorcycle stuff from them …brake rotors, USB charger phone holders, brake pads, handlebar risers etc. For the most part have been happy with the quality, couple times though got junk. Hwyway pegs with no stop ratchets that just spun around the crash bar and wouldn’t stay put. I think I would just stay with Amazon for lighting they will always take stuff back. Not so easy dealing directly with China.

3 Likes

If you type in the search bar alibaba, you will find others that have had the same questions and many posts of those who use them.

2 Likes

Many of the cheaper priced sites will be diy. Shipping times are the usual complaints.

They want to assemble and put a sticker on for hundreds more.
Its pretty cool when you can make whatever your grows needs are. Then you start tweaking these recipes over time.

Welcome to the growers network. This is a professionals and hobbyists forum. We have all kinds of methods growing to research from. This is an excellent site with excellent people. Can’t wait to see you grow!

2 Likes

Who are some of the better diy sites?

1 Like

Alibaba is the top one. For price point.

Hlg is a pricier site.

Then of course ebay and amazons…
I am an old school hps guy. These folks have a bit more info. They have many threads here building them and reviews.

Plus some many great growers. The search bar will grab all the treads associated with the search terms dyi or lightning.

@PreyBird1
@hoppiefrog
@scotty17
@devjyarn

4 Likes

https://www.pacificlightconcepts.com/ is another good DIY.

4 Likes

Hlg.com, budgetled, rapidled.
Search quantum boards. @xgx13xgx is a l.e.d expert also.

5 Likes

I run a SF 4000, it was literally plug n play. 5x5 veg, 4x4 flower. Zero complaints.

how big of an area are you looking to fill? How much budget do you have?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m hip to them… I was looking for something that comes pre-assembled for the most part, if not, then yeah… I had planned on rolling with them, thanks.

2 Likes

I’m going with a 5x5 tent…right now I’m going to throw 10 auto flowers in 5 gallon fabric pots, next run 6 photos in a 4x4 raised fabric bed with a blumat watering system.

2 Likes

I had already done that before I posted & nothing came up…hence the reason for the post, & even now when I typed it in my post is the only one that came up.

1 Like

That is what I run also zero problems zero setup. And uses all the good components. Samsung diodes, and Meanwell drivers. $550 bucks delivered. Equal to a 1000 watt HID. Probably not as good as the top of the line by 5% or so…but also half the cost.

2 Likes

Yes! I feel the same way. Check it thought, the KingBrites come with all the standard SF parts, BUT the KingBrites also come with an added UV spec. Which is very handy if your into producing resinous strains. KingBrites are cheaper than SF, but quite a nice margin.

1 Like

I like RapidLED :+1:t2:

Growerslights.com is also good for DIY Sammy board kits.

Digi-Key is one of the best places to source parts for a DIY build. RapidLED as well (component level build).

:v:t2:

3 Likes

Look up “ucandewit” on Ebay. No long wait times, and they use all top quality components. Hope this helps

DS

1 Like