Lights?!?!?

Anyone heard of or used any bavagreen lights they are a Chinese brand but supposedly use top bin Samsung diodes. I was thinking about getting a bavagreen 480w uv/ir 3000k full spectrum. If not I’m just going to get a hlg 260 v2 rspec

4 Likes

Hlg all the way :+1:

3 Likes

My thoughts as well, but you never know, the problem with the bavagreen is that there is very little actual information and reviews.

2 Likes

China bro… If it ships from China your paying a tariff tax on it too even tho most drivers come from China… There are some LED masters here @PreyBird1 @imSICKkid @xgx13xgx

3 Likes

Im building 2 lights right now and i just got more parts. I just paid tarrifs and it sucks. But my lights will. Be very efficient. And in case i got money for this!

5 Likes

Ok so i am definitely getting my hlg 260s but if I have enough later on I’m going to get the bavagreen and a 4x4 tent to test them in, something tells me I will make some money this year.

4 Likes

Lol thanks definitely no master

1 Like

Regarding this light I personally wouldn’t get it cause im cheap lol jkjk it looks nice and waterproofing is definitely a plus but at 1000 plus idk my build was les then that and with a few modifications mine could be water proof as well but with the acrylic that I would put over mine I would lose around 3% or so of the ppfd with the acrylic so the question is when did they measure before or after they put the lens on watch this video one hlg 288 v2 where Shane does a test on it and explains the acrylic piece he put on

2 Likes
4 Likes

You look at Budget Led. They make good quantum boards. I bought one. Just ordered another one. They are out of Michigan.

3 Likes

This is the bavagreen.

2 Likes

Idk a few things strike me when I look at the amazon listing the first is their spelling lol if u read the listing you will see what I mean second are they real meanwell drivers? Third where did they pull the chart from? When you look at rapid led for growmau5 pucks or hlg for any of their boards or Pacific light concepts for their strips all include a copy of the testing done by a third party company in what is called a sphere and the testing is not cheap idk if they are good lights or not and will not say one way or another but these are things that I loo at when I bought my boards and pucks and built my light

5 Likes

I get all that and that’s why I am wary but, they were at Las Vegas for the mj biz con, they bent have an actual website though it’s all on Alibaba. I would link it but I dont want to get into trouble.

1 Like

What is the size of the space you are trying to light? Will the light be used for full cycle growing?

I don’t know anything about the lights you’re asking about, but there are lots of companies making really good lights for cheap. 5 years ago I would have really scrutinized the lights to make sure they were of any kind of quality, but now the formula of “mostly white Samsung diodes with a few 660 reds on an appropriately sized driver” is going to make a good light. Light @xgx13xgx is saying, you can make your own for less. But if you’re looking for a turn-key solution the Chinese manufacturers have really upped their game in the last 18 months.

5 Likes

This set up is 2 hlg-480h-c2100b one powers the 4 3500k pucks the other powers the 2 rspec boards and 2 v2 288 3000k I also have 2 730nm strips for both the emerson effect and putting them to sleep quickly mounted on 2020 aluminum extrusion frame the 4 boards are rated for a 5x5 at full power and the pucks a 3x3 full power I only need to run them at half (500 watts) to get the same par as each individual running at their full power which means less power for the same and more par plus i get the larger spread and this is only in a 4x4 lol

4 Likes

I’d be cautious of those lights too, I’ve noticed they come up every so often then all of a sudden disappear and are Unavailable On amazon Lots Of knock off Samsung diodes

Neimi (think that’s the name)I think are decent light @piper I believe mentioned them in a post a while back

Packee

5 Likes

I’m not down playing anyone or anything and yes I can agree that they have upped their game but as @CoyoteCody said no website and all on Alibaba both greengene and growmau5 have made videos about these things that with the hlg boards for example you are getting the gold standard samsung 301b TOP BIN which is something to keep in mind I’m sure these companies do not have the best quality control and are using less then top bin being said lower bin diodes are lower for a reason and if ur going to shell out 400 and up and running the chance of them.blowing out sooner then expected is it really worth it like I said im.not talking bad about anyone or any product just be aware that these things can occur and at least with most companies like hlg plc or rapid you have a warranty where as Alibaba does not one lesson I learned the hard way is you get what u pay for and if your going to pay 400 for something like that you might as well do the homework and build one from known parts and suppliers for the same or maybe a fraction more imo

4 Likes

Like I said guys, I’m getti g my hlg 260 v2 rspec for my 3x3, but if i have the money i will pull the trigger on these lights just so you dont have to and we can all have our curiosity satisfied.

2 Likes

Lol u dont have to do it for oursakes lol jk

3 Likes

Honestly it’s more to satisfy my curiosity than anything.

2 Likes