Alpha Wave Auto

Hello everyone, I’ve been lurking around reading for a while and finally decided to take the plunge into my first journal. First the basics, I have two Alpha Wave Autos by Binary Selections. I got them from DC Seed Exchange, which I highly recommend. Great service and got my seeds 3 days after I ordered. I’m growing in fox farms happy frog in 3 gallon pots. I put a cheap seed starting mix in the top 3 inches and started the seeds in the pots in root riot cubes. I will call the ladies #1 and #2. #1 popped on 7/31 and #2 on 8/2. I have watered so far with only straight tap water. I am gonna hold off on all additional nutes until the stretch is in full swing. I will try to update with photos once a week. The pics in order are #1 at 14 days then at 21 days. Next is #2 at 12 days then 19 days. Feel free to tag along, questions and comments appreciated.

5 Likes

Forgot to add that I have done a little leaf tucking and plan to do some lst this weekend

5 Likes

@sandhillbill welcome :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@sandhillbill Hi and Welcome

Looking good :yum:

3 Likes

Welcome! @sandhillbill the babies look great! I will definitely be around to watch them grow up. What type of lights are you using? What nutrients will you be feeding?

3 Likes

Thanks. I have found GN very informative and am happy to be a part of the community. I have a vipraspectra 300w. I am gonna feed with Fox Farms big bloom and tiger bloom. I am also gonna use Cutting Edge Solutions Cal-Mag Amplified. I normally grow in dwc using the whole line of Advanced Nutrients. I am in the process of building a new room and plan to do a perpetual SOG. I will begin using it in November when I get back from Colorado. These two are kinda something to keep me occupied until then. I wanted to see how well the vipraspectra would do for my mothers. Seems to be doing well.

3 Likes

Off to a great start, looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will take some more pics when I get home tonight

3 Likes

I have two 300 watt viparspectras in my tent and they definitely do the trick, I am confident to say that it would take care of a mother plant just fine. Although I do plan on upgrading my lighting as soon as I have the money I do believe you get more than what you pay for with those lights.

4 Likes

So far it is working great, the girls seem to like it. The set up I will run in November will consist of 5 spaces. 1-4’x4’ that will have my mothers and cuttings while they root. I plan to use the vipraspectra for my moms and I have a 2’ 4 bulb t5 for cuttings. The other 4 chambers are 2’x3’ for flowering, each will have a 400w hps. I’m wish I could start it now but going out to Colorado for 2 weeks in October and don’t have anyone to take care of things while I’m gone.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see it all set up! Make sure to keep us all updated🤙

2 Likes

I will. This is my first journal on a forum, it’s kinda slow going but I expect the girls to really start going through some changes over the next week or two

4 Likes

Welcome to the gn 420 family looking great man cant wait to follow along and see how they do I’m running my first autos at the moment

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been running autos for about 2 years now. Autos are so amazing to watch. I keep lights on 24 hours, I have tried 20/4 and 18/6 but like the results better with 24.

3 Likes

Sweet yeah I have 2 outside with some photos and 2 indoor in my veg tent my first autos been growing photoperiods for a while… hahaha but yeah back a few years ago I watched a bunch of ppl grow some of the first autos that were available in my area they were all super small and had low trichome production so I never gave em a second look until last year a local grower I know had some 4-5’ tall 3-4’ around plants that were COVERED on trichs and super colorful crazy smell coming from em full size buds in August lol they were autos after seeing that I decided to give them a try haha

2 Likes

I usually average 4oz per plant in dwc, biggest was 6.5 on a gorilla OG. I will be switching over to photos next grow. I plan on perpetual with harvest and replace with cuttings every two weeks. I have two fisheye OG regular seeds that is a 7-8 week strain, hopefully one will be female. I want 2-3 different strains for mothers. Anyone have suggestions?

1 Like

Do you prefer sativa or indica? Do you use marijuana recreationally or for medical reasons? All those factors should be considered, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Absolutely what kind of effects or medical benefits are you looking for as well as grow space available and grow style how much of an issue is odor?

2 Likes

Right, so many factors to consider.

3 Likes

I’m looking for an indica bc I want a strain that flowers in 7-8 weeks. It will be mostly for recreational. I have four 2ftx3ft rooms with 400w hps in each room for flowering. For my mothers and clones I have 4ftx4ft room with a 300w vipraspectra led and a 2ft 4 bulb t5 for clones. The goal is to fill one room with clones every two weeks until I am harvesting one room every two weeks.

3 Likes