šŸƒ AMA with Brian Gandy of SAGE Lighting Thursday, August 15th at 11 AM PST

@Growernick, it sounds like I need to come visit! Their whole program and teaming up with GLASE is legit. I just reached out to their team yesterday about the new dimming hardware. I recommend dimming capability with every LED install

2 Likes

Eric over there is a brain and is focused on so much more than ROI! I respect the ethics of their team

2 Likes

They were 10ā€ HLG strips all wired together and hung on this rack randomly. They wired together to various drivers that laid in the cross bars. Where the fan blows there currently is a driver. The wires all could have run along the metal shelving and tucked in to not show.

3 Likes

YES!!! Hook that thing up to a tank of Tilapia and get rocking.

There are a few groups that are trying some vertical for canna. I think it is an awesome novelty but havenā€™t seen any real commercial promise. If you are growing for fun, go nuts and I can help with the lighting!

To grow with NFT (Nutrient film tech) like in the image also requires a generally sterile type of grow using H202 and I am all about the beneficials

4 Likes

@justgrowin That should work. I would look at mounting the strips to something for heatsinking like a piece of aluminum or an old T5 fixture. The more heat you can remove, the better performance and life you will get out of any LED

5 Likes

Yeah I already have two RDWC systems. 65 gallons in one and a little over 100 gallons in the other. Itā€™ll be the final piece to a perpetual grow. Basically a flowering room for rooted clones right to flower. Plan is at least 40 clones. But eventually maybe double.

4 Likes

Ya the light all the way to the right that u can barely see is a DIY that is on aluminum. Iā€™m trying to do away with the fixture part of it.

3 Likes

The shelf itself is what I wanted to b the fixture

3 Likes

@doobienoobie that is awesome. If you can run DWC you know it pulls amazing numbers. Def not for everyone because of the variables like water temp and root pathogens but by all means, if it ainā€™t brokeā€¦

Are you running LED with DWC? How do you run your room temps and your water temps?

3 Likes

You should be good. Like I said, itā€™s really about total wattage and your goals i.e. veg or flower.

HLG puts out really efficient parts so you should be able to crank under them. And you can mellow out the Blurple!

3 Likes

The only real commercial promises, as I see it, will be in densely packed urban areas where real estate is at a premium and the only way to go it up, or where canopy space is limited by regulation and vertical growing does not factor into the canopy. A facility owner can double his or her canopy footprint.

2 Likes

@BG_SAGE, what are your thoughts on CMH/LEC? How about combination arrays incorporating both LED and CMH?

2 Likes

As you know, Iā€™ve been on a little hiatus with the kiddo coming. I will be looking at GrowFluxā€™s program closely now that they are in production and have your stamp. Our RnD garden in Denver got bumped out to December with regulations and inspections. yada yada commercial blues

3 Likes

Ya thatā€™s my flower room. Those two lights donā€™t belong in there my driver that was just sent to me is no good. Company wonā€™t respond. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: blurple for now.

3 Likes

Yeah both rooms are tied into each other on AC and filters. I currently run a 14000 BTU AC and a water chiller that runs through coils in both reservoirs for water temp. Iā€™m set at 68 degrees on water and air is averaging at 80 degrees with DIY lights on both. Iā€™m running Samsung F series strips. 600 watts in a 5x4 room. And 1000 watts in my bigger room. Plus have extra lights to move around and add based on which plants need it.
Hereā€™s my lights.
20190123_123151

3 Likes

LED with CMH is probably the best possible configuration for light quality. CMH is tough to F*ck with as far as spectrum goes. Hybrid setups are great. You can manage heat and efficiency and get all the UV benefits from the CMH. 630 watt and 945 watt lamps still need some improvements imo

3 Likes

@doobienoobie, you are climbing Mt Crushington. Nice rigs. I love Samsung chips also. Them and LG are often overlooked for the 5630 midpower whites. What chips are on the samsung strips?

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember but its the same as the V1 quantum boards

3 Likes

Looks like the 5630ā€™s still or maybe 5730ā€™s. Nice ride btw

3 Likes

The only real way to double down is with rolling racksā€¦ There are a bunch of Med licenses in Denver that are not limited by counts anymore so they are going vert in their pricey real estate. Ainā€™t nowhere else to go in Denver metro

2 Likes