🍃 AMA with Jake Galanty and Korkmaz of Franklin Miller Wed April 3rd 11 AM PST

• Who: Jake Galanty and Korkmaz Oz of Franklin Miller
  • What: "Science of Shredding” Safer Hemp Drying - Maximum Oil Extraction & Proper Disposal of Cannabis Waste
  • Where: Right HERE
  • When : Wednesday April 3rd at 11 AM PST

For 100 years and for three generations, Franklin Miller Inc. has been a leader in size reduction technology involving crushers, shredders, grinders and more. Our broad line of processors includes units for cannabis processing, chemical processing, pharmaceuticals, foodstuffs, minerals, wastewater treatment and many other industries. Our combination of experience in both dry solids processing and liquid or pressure seal systems has made us uniquely capable of solving many difficult customer process problems.

4 Likes

Gosh, this sounds, like a great conversation. I’m sorry I can’t attend.

3 Likes

I’m not sure of time difference…I live Atlantic Canada…what’s the time my time?? Wonder so I don’t miss this convo…

2 Likes

The AMA starts at 11 AM PST, which is 2 PM in Atlantic Canada :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes I Just realize it said PST :wink:…thanks

2 Likes

Waste disposal has certainly become more of a hot button topic in recent years in our industry. This should be a great AMA today! Jake Galanty and Korkomaz Oz of Franklin Miller are our our hosts.

Thanks for being with us today. Can you share a little about your backgrounds and the company’s background?

2 Likes

Hi everyone, thanks so much for having us! We are looking forward to this AMA!

Franklin Miller has been around quite a while – over 100 years and for three generations. We’ve been a leader in size reduction technology involving crushers, shredders, grinders and more. Our processors include units for cannabis processing, chemical processing, pharmaceuticals, foodstuffs, minerals, wastewater treatment and many other industries. Our combination of experience in both dry solids processing and liquid or pressure seal systems has made us uniquely capable of solving many difficult customer process problems.

7 Likes

It appears you are uniquely qualified to deal with waste solutions. Many established brands have been reticent to make the leap into working with the cannabis industry. When did Franklin Miller transcend the traditional industrial sectors into cannabis waste disposal?

1 Like

We started to get calls about this a little over three years ago. When we looked into the market, we realized this was a perfect fit for our shredders. We have been expanding in the market ever since. As the cannabis/hemp industries grow, so does our place in them. It’s been a great fit.

3 Likes

How did you acquire your first cannabis customer? What was that initial interaction like?

1 Like

Our reputation in size reduction brought our first cannabis customer our way. We used our experience in other industries to show what our shredders could handle in terms of their cannabis waste and processing needs. It was a great conversation/interaction that led to a very satisfied customer.

2 Likes

Did you ever think that when you first made your foray into cannabis that it might lead to filming a scene in a show like Canna Cribs?

2 Likes

Since the passage of the Farm Bill we are seeing a massive surge in hemp farming in the U.S. How are hemp farmers applying your equipment to their farming operations?

1 Like

Definitely not! When we sold our first machine in the Cannabis industry, we had no idea how big the industry was getting – and growing more every day. Such exciting times to be involved, as I know everyone here knows! We were so excited to be featured in the Canna Cribs episode. It was a lot of fun to have our shredders showcased.

3 Likes

Franklin Miller has designed a two stage shredding system specifically for processing wet hemp, with a moisture content of up to 80% for safer hemp drying and maximum oil extraction. We are the first and only company with a system designed for shredding wet hemp.

3 Likes

That’s amazing! Could you share some pics/specs of this equipment for our @memberdirectory to check out?

2 Likes

Yes, definitely. We have drawings, pictures and specifications. I will get those uploaded after the AMA.

4 Likes

Have you got any other cannabis-specific equipment that Franklin Miller has engineered?

2 Likes

Yes! Our line of TASKMASTER shredders has been re-engineered for cannabis specific applications.

3 Likes

Was there much re-engineering that went into making the Taskmaster cannabis-specific?

2 Likes