🍃 AMA with Jake Galanty and Korkmaz of Franklin Miller Wed April 3rd 11 AM PST

100% U.S.A. made?

Nice!

2 Likes

Yes - We pride ourselves on our machines being manufactured right here in the U.S.A.

3 Likes

As you should :us:

On average, how much material can the Taskmaster shred in an hour?

1 Like

Depends on the machine - it ranges from 300 lbs to 10,000 lbs an hour.

2 Likes

I have personally gone through several chippers and shredders when working with cannabis waste – by the way, never take a wood chipper back to stores like Home Depot or Loews after using it on your cannabis farm – the workers at such stores do NOT appreciate your chipper stinking like weed!

The plant is so strong and fibrous that teeth on shredding/chipping machines would frequently break and motors would wear out very fast. How do you ensure longevity in your machines?

1 Like

We are a licensed grower in Hawaii and we are required to shred our plant waste. Can your TaskMaster handle rootballs?

3 Likes

Our regulations state - The allowable method to render cannabis plant waste unusable is by grinding or pulverizing the cannabis to a particulate size that is able to pass through a No. 5 size screen mesh (0.15 inches or 3.88 mm) in diameter to a final size of the “cannabis grounds” and incorporating this cannabis waste with other waste materials so the resulting mixture is no more than fifty percent (50%) cannabis and at least fifty percent (50%) non-cannabis waste by volume.

2 Likes

We have machines that have been in cannabis operation for years with no such issues. This is industrial grade equipment that are built to withstand this type of use and volume. There is no worry about the type of problems you find with wood chippers on our industrial strength shredders.

2 Likes

Yes - rootballs are no problem at all for our machinery. We can meet all regulations. Our shredders can not only shred to the particle size you mention, but can also mix with whatever material you are using to get that 50/50 ratio.

4 Likes

Can you provide me with a sales contact?

4 Likes

Sure. Jake Galanty will be able to help you. You can contact him at jgalanty@franklinmiller.com

3 Likes

Those are some mighty fine cannabis particles! We went through a lot of machines in our facility – and indeed, a lot of paid staff hours – trying to mitigate waste! Beyond the obvious equipment and staff time savings considerations, these machines can save a cannabis company a lot of money!

What kind of customer support does Franklin Miller offer? What happens in the rare event of a machine breakdown?

1 Like

That’s what we hear from a lot of customers. After going through machine after machine that can’t handle their applications, they are thrilled with their Franklin Miller unit and how much more efficient it makes their process.

We have a full customer support staff that is available to answer any questions from the start-up stage on. We also stock parts and components here in our NJ facility for all machines, in case the need ever arises for replacement parts. Our machines come backed with a warranty as well.

2 Likes

We are starting to wind down on time for today’s AMA, I certainly encourage our community to get in their last burning questions now. If you missed today’s AMA and want to reach out to @franklinmiller, send them a DM here on the GN forum.

I have a question about the future:

@franklinmiller, where do you see the cannabis industry in five years? Where will your company fit into the cannabis equation?

1 Like

We are pretty fed up with our “Home Depot” shredders. They just aren’t cutting it anymore (pun).

I have emailed Jake for more information. Thanks. This really helped solve a problem that has been building up.

4 Likes

We’re hoping the industry continues to expand, as I’m sure you’ll all agree. It’s an exciting time to be involved in the cannabis/hemp arena! As for us, we will keep doing what we’re doing and using our size reduction expertise to help cannabis and hemp folks with their applications.

2 Likes

Oh, we agree!

Thanks again for a wonderful and informative AMA! Have a great day everyone!

1 Like

Thanks for having us! If anyone has any additional questions, reach out to us. Below are some links to our cannabis/hemp pages on our website.

3 Likes

Hi Franklin - can I get a reselling consent and discount for my cannabis seed shop under grower equipment

3 Likes