AMA with Matt Christopherson from Twister Trimmers aka Keirton

That’s really cool. I think the thought of performing maintenance during a large harvest can be a daunting drawback for growers considering making the investment in an automated trimmer.

Good to know your machines are virtually maintenance-free.

2 Likes

Hey Matt. I hear the reason people say weed in Canada is so much better than weed in California is because they use the Twister Trimmer. Is that true?

4 Likes

Hmm. I’d like to say yes (because I’m Canadian :slight_smile:) but it really comes down to the grower. I can tell you that there are currently 113 LP’s in Canada & Twister is in 78 of them! I’m humbled and proud of our team showing these customers its a superior solution.

5 Likes

Oooo, Shots fired…

I’ve never heard that. Did you type that in correctly. :grin:

3 Likes

The people that said that probably never had some good desert-grown herb. Your AZ invitation awaits, my friends. I think @mdrust can back me up here…

lol j/p :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I have a few friends down here in the Southwest who have Twisters in their facilities and they absolutely SWEAR by their efficacy and efficiency. They really do put out a great finished product IMO

78 out of 113 LPs? Those are impressive numbers! You have every right to be a proud Canadian!

4 Likes

Thank you Nick! It’s been amazing to see first hand what’s happened in Canada…I look forward to everything in the US once things loosen up!

4 Likes

Hey Matt,

Two questions

1. What do you prefer ? Wet or dry trim? Why?

2. Automated trimming is a big step forward and has many benefits. Where do you see the next step in post harvest automation taking place?

2 Likes

Hi Lucas!

1. That really depends. If I was a large scale greenhouse grower (1000’s of square feet) I would say wet. It’s the most efficient & timely (to avoid risk of rot). If I was an indoor smaller harvest, I’d prefer dry - you get that bit nicer of product.

2. Well there will be more advancements in bucking (hint hint) and then, of course, extraction technology.

5 Likes

Thanks for the incredibly insightful dialogue and answers. At the end of the day what’s important in regards to the trim is how it looks in the bag. I’ve heard that your commercial line of trimmers do such a great job trimming that most people can’t tell it’s not hand trimmed. True or bs?

3 Likes

Again, it comes down to the machine. Not all trimmers are the same. No different than a car (easy comparison). Some will be high performers, others will get you from A to B. But YES, with the correct setup and brand, you can achieve a hand trim look.

Please note- some times certain strains will never trim that great in an automated trim, no matter the brand or model. They just need to be hand trimmed.

4 Likes

@matt, thanks so much for your time today to share so much insight with us! I found this to be an especially helpful and informative AMA!

Still have burning questions for @matt about automated trimming? You can post them here or send him a DM and keep the conversation going!

Thanks again!

2 Likes

It was a pleasure being here!! Please send over any questions - I’m always happy to help!

Until next time, here’s to a happy & successful harvest everyone!

5 Likes

WE did and we are not happy with it at all.

2 Likes

Not all feedback will be positive on every product. Have you tried the Twister yet?

2 Likes

I agree and I understand the responsibility when you comment on a product. But we gave it a good try and I contacted company many times. No luck! That was the reason I though I should share my experience…

I have not tried Twister, but I just contacted Matt to get some more info.

2 Likes

We completely welcome your feedback…good or bad. Everybody deserves to know the experience you had with a product, including the manufacturer!

Thanks for contributing! Please keep it coming! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes