šŸƒ AMA with Reggie Gaudino of Steep Hill Cannabis Testing Weds, May 29th, 2019 11 AM PST

Thanks to everyone that participated.

3 Likes

GN is here to help provide the interface for information. Itā€™s great to know where we all stand in this industry. Having you on for an AMA hels complete the picture, so again, a million thanks!

Thatā€™s awesome. @Strainly will be here for next weekā€™s AMA and will be able to chime in on this very topic.

5 Likes

Shoutout to @BenMGC!

3 Likes

@reggie, thanks for soldiering through the jetlag you are undoubtedly experiencing after your long journey home from Africa to be here with our GN family. @reggie we really do appreciate the work you do for our collective cannabis community. Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who got in on this engaging and informative AMA!

Cheers :evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

yes. but, maybe thatā€™s a sign of how big this will really be. they throw everything at us, and yet, we still find ways to meet the burden. I think they are forcing the best of the best to rise up from within the industry, and then, it will be like the dam breaking and they wonā€™t be able to hold us back anymore.

itā€™s an interesting world, and itā€™s going to get even MORE interesting.:alien:

7 Likes

@hoppiefrog asked another great question, but it was in an email.

How many generations back can recessive phenos surface

Iā€™m a bit confused by the question, but i think this is what you are asking, and if not, please use this response to point the conversation in the right direction.
I think you are asking, if i have seeds from a cross, and see a recessive or undesirable pheno in the seeds, if i do a cross now, how long do i have to wait to make sure it will be bred out?

If that is the question, then it will depend on a number of things. If itā€™s a single gene it will take less generations than if itā€™s a multi-gene trait. And it will also depend on if you have genetic markers you can follow.

If you have genetic markers, the time frame is compressed and itā€™s as fast as you can force flower, pollenate and get a few hundred seeds, plants have to be no more than a foot tall and the process takes a few months per cycle. and you can have it done in a couple of years, eventhough itā€™s taken you 6or 8 generations.
If you donā€™t have that then it becomes anywhere from 2-4 generations for a single gene trait, depending on if you get lucky or not with the genetics you are dealing with. If they are both homozygous dominant, then within 2 generations of crosses, you know you have it locked, if you unlucky and canā€™t get 2 homozygous then you add a generation or 2 for identifying the homozygous donor that you didnā€™t have before and breed it back to the original homozygous dominant.
If its a multi gene trait then itā€™s going to depend on the number of traits and the homozygousity of each trait. but you can see how the#'s get large quickly cause itā€™s multiplied. if it take 2-4 generations for a single trait, each additional trait can add complication, unless you have markers you can use to follow genetically, as they assort independently and it requires more crosses.

7 Likes

so much this :clap::clap::clap:

5 Likes

WOw, i missed a lot of questions.

So there are a lot of things we tend to ignore with respect to terpenes. Terpenes from Forests and Human Health
(PDF) Biosynthesis and Biological Functions of Terpenoids in Plants
https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007%2F978-3-642-22144-6_120

And some are already identified as potentially have benefits for alzheimerā€™s. They are known to affect specific pathways and function like other drugs we take, such as AChE inhibitors, etc.
They have synergy with cannabinoids and so, itā€™s 2 compounds working synergistically on the same system, for increase efficiacy.
Lots of good stuff to be found still

8 Likes

This is incredibly valuable information, @reggie. We are currently exploring some cannabinoid/terpene treatments for a loved one battling early-onset Alzheimerā€™s, so this is personal. Those are some awesome links you gave us! Thanks!

9 Likes