🍃 AMA with the entire Canna Cribs creation and production crew Weds March 13th 11 AM PST

@memberdirectory Here is a special treat. The whole Canna Cribs creation and production team will be discussing some of the behind the scenes of episode 6 of Canna Crabis at Rare Dankness / House of Dankness. You will not want to miss this.

Who: The entire Canna Cribs creation and production crew
What: Rare Dankness - Behind the Scenes
Where: Growers Network Forum
When : Wednesday, March 13th at 11 AM PST

11 Likes

How do we participate?

4 Likes

You are already participating! The AMA will happen right here in a couple hours…you can ask a question right now if you want, the production team will be logging on and begin to answer shortly. Looking forward to it!

5 Likes

Will, there be more interview sessions from the crew coming along? Besides just the Canna Cribs episodes. Maybe reach into different business operations and startups that have to do with helping the industry as well? Video interviews with more of the industry that is growing outside just the grow operations. This could be interesting just a thought. Thanks for letting me share!

4 Likes

I want to introduce a few people who will be involved with today’s AMA: @jdsikorsky is our Producer/Director and @nick is our Associate Producer/Asst. Director at Canna Cribs. They have agreed to give our members an exclusive opportunity to answer your Canna Cribs questions.

Guys, thanks for taking the time to be with us today.

6 Likes

Hi all happy to be here to answer any production questions in regards to Canna Cribs!

3 Likes

What Jason said.

3 Likes

What is your process, criteria for selecting those operations that you feature on Canna Cribs?

4 Likes

We’re happy to have you here! @jdsikorsky, what’s your background? How did you get involved with video production? How did you come to produce Canna Cribs?

2 Likes

Great question! The process to select operations is a pretty long and meticulous one. We first look at the size of the operation and we also consider their impact in their state/market. From there we contact the operation and request their equipment/products if they are interested. With all of the following considered we then move forward with a date and start pre-production! There are a lot of moving parts to consider a operation and takes several months!

6 Likes

Thanks for the questions Nick! I grew up loving films and ever since middle school knew I wanted to work in video production. I went to University of Arizona and graduated with a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Film & Television in 2009. I spent many years as a Production Assistant on reality TV shows. I also did a lot of wedding videography as well as small local projects. While I was taking gigs to pay the bills I was also working on a lot of passion projects. I have worked on many music videos throughout the years. A few notable names I have worked with are Roscoe Dash, Angelz, Codeko, Austin Mahone, R3hab, and Icona Pop.

After spending several years working mostly on my own as a freelance videographer I got involved with Canna Cribs through a recommendation. Soon after I was directing! After working on a few episodes Growers Network gave me the opportunity to produce. Since then I have been non-stop working with Canna Cribs and absolutely love every minute of it.

5 Likes

@jdsikorsky and @nick: aside from getting to hang out in fantastical gardens of weeden all over the globe, what’s your favorite part of making Canna Cribs?

5 Likes

The crew is a great bunch of people. And we usually make time for Korean BBQ during the trip.

5 Likes

@nick is the visionary behind Canna Cribs, so I want to pull him in and ask a question about how the series manifested in the first place? @nick, how did Canna Cribs come into existence? The fan in me wants to believe it may have been formed in the fog of some amazing cannabis trip…but I’m sure there is a backstory to the series. Can you share a bit about that with our community?

3 Likes

I would have to say my favorite part is seeing our crew grow together each episode. It’s been a pleasure to see everyone mold their craft. I think watching episode 1 and seeing our latest episode is a testament to this. You can see how our editing, shooting, and even performances get stronger! It’s really great.

5 Likes

It is very cool to watch the evolution of the production values with each new episode. The shows definitely have a very defined style to them. They are very sexy yet informative. What has influenced your production style?

3 Likes

Hey there, y’all. Love your show. Really. I love seeing those huge grows, and how they do it… always inspiring.
Question: When you’re out on the road, do you often get asked for autographs?
Seriously, you guys are rockstars.
One thing I notice is that there’s not a lot of the little guys in your programs. I mean, I get that theres a need to show the owners, talk to them, get their gospel words, etc, but I always want to see the schleps, the plebes, the compos. So that’s my request, show more of the workers

4 Likes

Interesting question to ask happy to answer! I have drawn a lot of influences from Anthony Bourdain RIP as well as VICE. When I started on Canna Cribs I spent many hours watching various reality/documentary styled productions to help me understand how these type of video projects are crafted. It’s great to draw from influences but I think recently we have been developing our own style which has been a pleasure.

3 Likes

Thanks for the question! I hear you. Who gets on camera is mostly up to the grow op. Some of them have requested only their top people speak to their process, other ops have been more willing to spread the love by having some of their “lower level” employees on camera. You’ll see this with the Rare Dankness episode tomorrow. Scott Reach was very adamant that we include as many people from the operation as possible and we obliged!

6 Likes

The music in each episode is amazing and very tightly mirrors the images on the screen. It’s remarkable how salient the imagery and music link up in an almost synesthesic manner. How do you accomplish this? It must take hours of editing in post production!

Can you tell us a little about those beats we hear in all the episodes?

4 Likes