🍃 AMA with Todd McCormick: ECS Homeostasis and YOU! Wed March 27th 11 AM PST

One of the topics that I cover in this book, which is not often discussed in the world of cannabis, is the essential fatty acids contained in the seed.

Back in 1992, there was a movie made called “Lorenzo’s Oil”, it was a true story about a father who was mixing together olive oil and canola oil in order to treat his son’s medical condition. This mixture was to increase the W6 to W3 fatty acids, as humans have to consume those EFA’s at a 3 to 1 ratio, and until the science behind hempseed oil came to light in the early nineties, no other food was known to have a perfect balance of 3 to 1 of W6 to W3.

6 Likes

Do you think it will help to use hempseed oil in suppositories instead of coconut oil?

4 Likes

I love your question, I think that when you consider how widespread cannabis farming was in both Europe and the United States, all the canvas for the canvas covered wagons had to come from cannabis plants, and our farm animals were no doubt eating the leftover parts of the plant and absorbing the cannabinoids present.

And just like with fish, fish, and do not make EFA’s, they simply store them from the plankton and the algae that they eat, like a sponge does with water. We see salmon fisheries with fish that are devoid of any EFA’s, because they were not fed the EFA’s in the first place.

That is the same thing that is happening with our livestock.

For a long time, we used to get cannabinoids in our food supply, much like we would get EFA’s from eating fish. I make the argument that after cannabis prohibition we essentially took out a nutritional ingredient that science is now proving to be responsible for not just our health, but the health of our animals.

7 Likes

Thank you! I believe that keep our bodies in balance back then. Without it, its only a matter of time before cells start mutating and cancer starts.

5 Likes

Science has shown that the absorption of suppositories in some instances is greater than oral administration. But, depending on the chemical were talking about, the first pass effect plays a role in changing the THC to 11-hydroxy-delta-9-tétrahydrocannabinol, which is 2 to 5 times more euphoric than just THC. So it depends on what you desired end use is.

A lot of what I’m trying to do with this book is show people that one size does not fit all. Depending on the outcome you want, is going to be dependent on how you use the cannabinoids and terpenes.

6 Likes

So even with consuming alot of fish, one would still need to supplement themselves with additional EFA’s as the fish now has very little?

4 Likes

I do not use coconut oil too much, hemp seed oil is far superior on any measure of testing.

7 Likes

@memberdirectory today’s AMA is a lively one! I would like to invite everyone to participate and ask ECS expert @todd.mccormick your questions. We are chatting about how the endocannabinoid system can help you achieve bodily homeostasis. C’mon over and join the conversation!

4 Likes

The suppositories are unactivated, and for my patients to break thru their “blood/brain barrier”. This really helped my wife beat Gliomas twice.

4 Likes

Yes, fish are not an ideal supply for EFA’s, plants are. Fish do not make EFA’s, they simply store them. Salmon being the best fish for storing EFA’s, let me show you an interesting chart by one of my co-authors, Richard Rose, from his book; The Hemp Nut Cookbook:

8 Likes

Awesome, thank you! Very helpful indeed.

3 Likes

How are you finding EFA’s work with various cannabinoids and terpenes? What are the interactions you have observed though your research?

5 Likes

I am sorry your wife had to go through that twice, I am really happy to hear that you found effective treatment.

I would recommend to you what I am recommending in my book, which is simply mixing your cannabinoids and terpenes into your hempseed oil and consuming it orally. I think the bioavailability of the cannabinoids in the hempseed oil combined with the EFA’s are an incredible combination. It’s not just about when you are sick, it is about maintaining your everyday health so that you don’t get sick.

8 Likes

Yes, i have her on a maintenance regimen. About 100-300mg of unactivated feco mixed with mct oil. Definitely going to switch to hempseel oil.

6 Likes

For my neck pain, I have been dissolving cannabinoids into hempseed oil and applying it to the area of my spinal fusion and noticing reductions in swelling and tenderness.

6 Likes

My co-author, Richard Rose, wrote this cookbook back in the nineties, and it helped me better understand essential fatty acids, and I highly recommend it.

We are now updating the information about EFA’s to include how they are fundamental building blocks to our bodies ability to create endocannabinoids.

6 Likes

And for those of you who look up Lorenzo’s oil, this is the chart that caused me to better understand why it was his father was mixing together Olive oil and Canola oil.

8 Likes

Can you enlighten us a little about the contributions of your co-authors?

4 Likes

Is there a recipe available to duplicate “Lorenzo’s oil”? Or is that what the Hempnut is for?

6 Likes

Yes - nature did it for you. Hempseed oil is better than Lorenzo’s oil ever could’ve been, because not only does it contain W6 and W3 is perfect proportions, is also contains GLA, and almost 5 times as much as the richest source of fish for GLA.

Back in 1994, I started working with Jack Herer and one of our contributors to his book; The Emperor Wears No Clothes, was a nutritional expert who was a teacher at UCLA, her name was Doctor Roberta Hamilton, she was the one who pulled me aside and schooled me on how important fatty acids were in our everyday diet, and she used the movie, Lorenzo’s oil, as an example of how simply giving your body proper nutrition, can help alleviate various medical conditions.

7 Likes