🍃 AMA with Warren Russell from Moleaer

This week we we will be discussing nano-bubble technology with the Chief Commercial Officer of Moleaer, Warren Russell.

Who: Warren Russell, CCO of Moleaer
What: Nanobubbles and cannabis cultivation
Where: The GNET private forum
When: Wednesday, December 19th at 11 AM PST

ABOUT US

Moleaer™ (Latin for “tiny air”) develops industrial scale nanobubble generators to enhance a wide range of processes, enabling a radical change in the economics of indoor farming, metal separation, wastewater treatment and oil recovery.

OUR MISSION

We strive to help customers increase productivity more responsibly. The unique properties of nanobubbles enable farmers to grow more food, oil and mining companies to recover more valuable resources, and industries to treat water using less energy and chemicals.

OUR SOLUTIONS

Our plug-and-play nanobubble generator is the most efficient gas injection technology available to dissolve virtually any gas into any liquid. Moleaer’s nanobubble generators produce trillions of nanobubbles, <200nm in size, providing more than 200-times the interfacial surface area of conventional ultra-fine micro bubbles. Moleaer nanobubble generators transfer gas with greater than 85% efficiency by forming nanobubbles that remain suspended in water, creating a reserve of available gas. These simple to install systems enable customers to rapidly improve their existing processes with minimal effort.

Warren Russell – Co-Founder & Chief Commercial Officer
Warren Russell is an experienced business entrepreneur with over 15 years of business management experience within the wastewater treatment and environmental services industries of Southern Africa and the Middle East. Prior to leading the commercial efforts for Moleaer, Warren founded Erogfit USA and Evadine Technologies which focused on environmental consulting and designing of wastewater treatment processes for municipal, industrial, oil and gas applications. Warren is graduate of the University of South Africa.

8 Likes

Hey Warren and Ion @Moleaer,

Thanks for hosting this AMA!

Looking forward to learning more about your company.:slightly_smiling_face:

Happy chatting and growing!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

4 Likes

Hi Kareen

Here and ready to share some information about the value and importance of oxygen levels in cultivation.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the AMA, @Moleaer!

I definitely want to highlight this: https://moleaer.com/project/slam-enterprises-upgrades-cannabis-production-facility-with-nanobubble-generator/

Slam Enterprises (10,000 ft2 indoor grow op in Colorado Springs) gave Moleaer’s nanobubble generator a try and had some really awesome results, documented in the article.

I do have an initial question. Are there other agricultural industries where nanobubble technology is already established? This is pretty new in the cannabis industry, but with the kind of results that SLAM achieved we could see the technology really catching on.

5 Likes

Thanks for being here today, @Moleaer. Can you share a little about your product and what makes it unique to the cannabis market?

4 Likes

Think of nano bubbles as a gas infusion method to deliver oxygen into irrigation water very efficiently. The Japanese have been researching nano bubble applications in horticulture for about 20 years already. We are predominately focused on hydroponic applications and have had great results with a variety of crops so far.

4 Likes

And actually, another question for @Moleaer. The article I linked tells us that your nanobubble generator lead to a 25% increase in yields for SLAM Enterprises. Do we know what, exactly, is the biological explanation for this kind of yield increase due to dissolved oxygen? What are the nanobubbles doing for the plant, exactly?

4 Likes

Moleaer is a nanobubble technology company - we have produce and sell nanobubble, gas infusion generators for horticultural applications. This last year we have starting working with cannabis where we super-oxygenate irrigation water with oxygen nanobubbles. We are currently working with a few growers that have observed pretty significant benefits to growing in elevated O2 levels. Specifically we see that oxygen promote nutrient absorption which shortens the internode spacing.

6 Likes

Shorter internode spacing, better bud stacking with ultimately drives the total yield per plant. To date we have seen yield improvements between 15-22%. In some strains, we have seen lab data show up to 12% improvements in THC as well.

7 Likes

How does your technology differ from, say, an O2 Grow system?

3 Likes

@moleaer said: “Specifically we see that oxygen promote nutrient absorption which shortens the internode spacing.”

This helps to answer my previous question about the biological mechanism underlying yield increase due to enrichment of water with nanobubbles.

One thing that really stands out to me about this system, @Moleaer, is the fact that it appears to be very environmentally friendly and it appears that, once it is installed, it keeps on doing its job without any ongoing additional costs beyond the electricity required for the machine.

Compare this to other ways that @growopowners and @mastergrowers are increasing their yields. For example, putting chemical additives in the nutrients, soil, or water, which may be harmful to the environment and which require ongoing costs. Your system looks like a really great alternative.

3 Likes

Warren, I have heard/read of nano bubbles in Japan for many uses. Most interesting was the cohabitation of fresh and salt water fish in the same tank (injected O2 in the water). Especially important for me is its use as a cleaning agent. Do you have any experience and/or comments about using this tech for that purpose? I can see an application on plants as well, for pathogen mitigation. Any thoughts would be great.
Thanks
Dr. B

6 Likes

I think O2 Grow has a great product actually and serves a purpose. The main difference is the method and scale of our systems. Our biggest sellers are 25 and 50 gpm systems. This will allow you to aerate most day storage tanks very quickly and efficiently. Our systems have around 90% oxygen transfer efficiency and produce around 500 million nanobubbles per ML - which is independently validated by a 3rd party lab. If you are not familiar about the key benefits of nanobubbles - they have a neutral buoyancy, staying in water for months at a time. So not only do you get a residual battery of oxygen in the water, but the bubbles will also help prevent biofilm build up in your irrigation system.

5 Likes

Dr. B, there is a significant benefit to the cleaning properties of the nanobubbles. Our growers report a reduction in emitter blockages after incorporating our system. They also produce reactive oxidative species (ROS) giving drives a very healthy root zone and helps prevent root pathogens.

6 Likes

A question for the cultivators of this forum. How many of you use oxygen in your cultivation practices?

3 Likes

@Moleaer in your opinion, what does the legal cannabis industry in the USA look like in 5+ years?

5 Likes

Hi Warren and Ion,

Looks like the the AMA got started early, that’s awesome, thanks for hosting today.

I understand at a basic level what the nano bubbles are and how they help the plants, but I am curious is the nano bubble water potable?

Thanks!

6 Likes

Warren,
How is the gas delivered into the system? Is it from a pressurized tank? Do you offer the ability to use different gases than O2? Could you use ambient air instead?

Thanks
Dr. B

5 Likes

Nick, I am not sure I am the best barometer for the industry, but what seems logical is that you will see a lot of consolidation and vertical integration. I am guessing the big guys will focus on highly commoditized strains, and the smaller guys will focus on more speciality strains. I only seeing it getting bigger and bigger, specially if you look at the global market and how many new countries are starting to look at cultivation.

5 Likes

We drink it, yes - I can describe the oxygen nanobubble water as give you like a runners high. There is definitely something to it. Across the board, it appears to boost the metabolism. There is a study that shows how it boosts the sizes of farm rats and farms animals - not to get too off topic. The two dominate types are water that have been researched are either oxygen nanobubbles or hydrogen nanobubbles. Both have certain benefits. Most of the research in the space comes out of Japan.

7 Likes