πŸƒ AMA with Warren Russell from Moleaer

Is that picture of the foam from Compost tea ?
If so- the foam is aerated bacteria protein

3 Likes

Depends. You have to think of oxygen as a facilitator. It is a macro element, essential for plant growth. It helps with cell devision and it will facilitate the nutrient absorption. This means that plants will use the available nutrient more efficiently, however if you limit the available nutrients by reducing the level, you may also be restricting plant growth. To highlight this, we have customers that want to drive higher yields in the same or shorter cultivation time - they actually increase nutrients. Others might want just focus on disease control and growth the same plant in the same amount of time, just healthier - those guys might reduce their nutrients

4 Likes

I really appreciate this AMA. I started exploring nano-bubble concept just yesterday and This morning, when I received the email about this AMA, it was like β€œCan’t my day get any better!” Thank you!

5 Likes

fire away with the questions, I’m happy to answer any that you have…

4 Likes

@Moleaer who is your #1 competitor and why would commercial growers go with your products over the competition?

3 Likes

What has been your biggest challenge breaking into the cannabis industry?

2 Likes

more O2 = greater nutrient absorption means you need more light and therefore more CO2 availability is needed which in turn means humidity levels will increase as well. time to rebalance the grow !

4 Likes

Can you please elaborate on this: metal separation, wastewater treatment and oil recovery

3 Likes

The competition is very splintered. O2 Grow could be a good option if you are a smaller grower and you are working with smaller volumes of water. Our smallest system will take a 3000 gallon tank to 30ppm in about 30 minutes. This means that guys run our system for a very short period ever day making it very easy and cost effective to use. Customers choose us because we have very strong domain expertise in aeration and enough expertise in cultivation to get us into trouble. But in short, we produce a very strong, good quality product that is very easy to install, easy to use and that we support very well.

4 Likes

do you run this setup like you would a standard air pump (24/7) in a DWC ?

4 Likes

Oxygenation or oxygenation with nanobubble is a new space. It is very undervalued. There is a huge emphasis around lightly, nutrients and climate control - yet our work this year has proved that oxygen is a limiting factor just like all the other inputs.

Connecting directly with growers and cultivators to help them understand this, is our biggest challenge.

4 Likes

I believe Growers Network can help you address this particular challenge with your customer acquisition process.

How do you offer incentive to growers to make the initial investment in the O2 technology?

2 Likes

nanobubble are naturally negatively charged. When you introduce, literally billion and billions of these bubbles in various process, you are significantly increasing the surface area or interfacial plane of these gas bubbles with the liquid. Surface area + surface charge allows for very strong separation potential.

3 Likes

You could, just depends on what level of dissolved oxygen you want to maintain. Here is a DWC project from earlier this year.

5 Likes

At the moment we treat this on a project by project basis. We have programs to use that make it very easy and low risk for customers to adopt the technology.

4 Likes

Can you describe some of the programs for our growers here interested in integrating your tech but nervous about the cost?

3 Likes

The most common option is a lease to buy arrangement.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to be with us today. We appreciate your time and expertise!

Thanks to everyone who participated in this holiday AMA!

Merry Christmas

4 Likes

Great thanks for hosting. Please continue to shoot any additional questions my way if you have them.

Best Wishes for the Holidays

Warren

5 Likes

Are turning soiless growers into sudo hydroponic growers?

Also do you think what we are see is more root hair friendly environment?

5 Likes