AMA with Will Goodin from FlexMOD

What a cool endorsement! Thanks @amintz!

Shout-out to @FlexMOD_solutions!

2 Likes

I love the modularity of the system; kudos.

Regarding your container line, have you stacked them say 5 units high to create new vertical spaces? Curious if that could put you into different international markets with smaller spaces?

You have a great product system and marketing along with some obviously happy customers, congratulations.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: AMA With John Archibald, CEO and Director of CO2 GRO

Hi @nick,

Great question. We have many competitive advantages. Most folks getting into this business donā€™t realize all of the sensitivities to workflow, maximizing yield, compliance, security and mitigating any potential crop loss and infestation. Since we have designed hundreds of facilities over the years, we know exactly what it takes to achieve these metrics in the most cost-effective way possible. Additionally, we understand what it takes to achieve comprehensive extraction compliance in municipalities all over the nation and abroad. As this industry is new and evolving, there are different standards in virtually every municipality in the world. Our solutions go above and beyond in terms of engineering and compliance. Sure, there are other less-expensive solutions available (especially for extraction environments) but as regulations continue to evolve, our units will stand the test of time and our clients will not have to upgrade in the future to comply with future regulations.

2 Likes

@FlexMOD_solutions

Can you tell me about GreenKoat?? Also, Iā€™m curious how long you guys have been operating in Colorado and how the growth has been in this market? Are you working with businesses in other markets yet?? Thanks!

Richard Guerra
Associate Publisher
Sensi Magazine - Denver/Boulder

3 Likes

Hi @Alex,

Great question. We have set up fabrication facilities in several locations throughout the USA and Canada. Each FlexMOD fabrication facility is required to adhere to our strict building standards. All of our units meet and/or exceed IBC (international building code) and CSA (Canadian Codes & Standards).

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Itā€™s definitely helpful to have the manufacturing process down to a ā€œTā€!

Speaking of extraction modulesā€¦we all know the inherent dangers associated hydrocarbon extraction. Got any horror stories from modular extraction facilities?

2 Likes

Could you one day have an off the grid FlexLAB and GrowMOD? Drop one anywhere in the world and use wind/solar for power; thatā€™d be so cool. Mostly just a funny idea, but dropping a self packaged profit center into any region; powered or not powered, is interesting.

3 Likes

Hey Will. Thanks for the AMA!

Question. If a client is looking to use systems from a number of different manufacturers (e.g. different systems for climate control, watering, etc) are you able to design an extraction/cultivation facility around the parameters required for those systems? Or are your setups intended to be generic enough for the owner to ā€œslot inā€ whatever they want?

2 Likes

What supplemental equipment can you supply besides the building itself?

Lights? Rolling tables? HVAC systems? RO system? Plumbing and electrical? All that good operational stuff that makes the trees grow.

@FlexMOD_solutions

4 Likes

Hi @UpSteve,

Great question. Yes, we have stacked units for clients in the past. There are seismic sensitivities in every individual municipality which will dictate how tall you can stack. We ship all over the world and can design solutions for virtually any application. Thank you so much for the kind words :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great question, @UpSteve!

@FlexMOD_solutions, let me know the day these self-sustaining units come to market! Iā€™d definitely be interested in a few out on my ranch!

1 Like

Hi @Richard.Guerra

Great question. GreenKoat is our alternative to traditional epoxy. It is the best alternative on the market as itā€™s VOC BPA free, food grade, much more resilient (98% adhesion) and about the same cost as any high-quality epoxy on the market. We coat the inside of potable water tanks with this stuff! Tradition epoxies require acid etching prior to application and have a typical lifespan of only a year or two. Additionally, they are not well suited for extraction areas where youā€™ve got many caustic solvents present. GreenKoat is ideal for any cultivation, MIPs or extraction area because itā€™s food gradeā€¦ Itā€™s also an incredibly robust and cost-effective roofing material believe it or not. We offer a full-service install with GreenKoat for facilities ranging anywhere from 3000SF - 1,000,000+.

4 Likes

I need to re-coat the roofs on my house and cultivation facility alike. You are saying this product will be appropriate in the heat of the unforgiving Arizona sun? How long does it last? In what quantities do you sell GreenKoat?

2 Likes

@Growernick - great question.

While I do not have any specific extraction horror stories other than what Iā€™ve seen on the evening news, I will say that there are many substandard extraction environments being sold on the market right now and itā€™s got me worried. Should there be an explosion in any of these substandard environments, it will have an impact on the entire industry. Folks should compare our solution to others out there and look for key safety metrics including ventilation and fire ratings. Our two-stage ventilation system is incredibly robust and computer monitored. Itā€™s not going to provide the massive amount of airflow as some others which will provide you with a better working environment. Should LEL (lower explosive limits) threshold supersede tolerance, our second stage explosion proof fan will turn on flushing the entire volume of air from the lab in a matter of seconds. Fire ratings are also a big sensitivity and many munis will not approve a C1D1 lab without a fire rating. Always compare apples to apples when shopping for your lab!

2 Likes

@UpSteve Great question.

We do have modular power options available for off-grid applications. Itā€™s difficult to achieve the power necessary with solar as our Labs require 3 phase power.

3 Likes

@will.i.am - great question! Yes, we can source any number of components based on our buyersā€™ preferences. Additionally, FlexMOD has pretty incredible vendor relationships and subsequent buying power so we can usually get components for less than retail. Weā€™ve designed hundreds of variations of projects based on what our owners preferences are. However, we do have generic offerings as well. For example, we have an inexpensive GrowMOD - which would only come with your basic enviro controls - you can outfit the rest (lights, tables, feritgation, etc) with anything youā€™d like.

4 Likes

@bryan.eden great question. We provide virtually any supplemental equipment youā€™d like.

2 Likes

Hi @Growernick - great question. GreenKoat is designed for virtually any roofing application and our warranty is akin to any commercial roofing warranty (although I do not have specifics in front of me atm). GreenKoat is full-service install for both flooring and roofing. Since there are specific ways the product must be mixed and applied, our expert install team needs to do the work.

1 Like

Great questions, everyone!! Keep em coming. I am happy to help navigate you through all of the challenges of building or upgrading your cultivation and extraction facilities.

1 Like