Anybody Pressing Rosin?

let me know how that press works … thank you.

3 Likes

how much does the whole system cost in total? thinking about getting one. Any setbacks?

5 Likes

A V2 Sasquash retails for around $3,400 and takes 6-8 weeks to deliver.

Bart Bennett
Biochron, Inc.
(509) 979-8724

5 Likes

Yes, the Pikes Peak rosin presses are looking like some of the most well engineered in the market, from what I’ve seen. We just added them to our site this past week due to good reviews from some contacts of mine.

I’m also waiting for a good press to come out from the makes of the Triminator trimmers. They are an engineering company, so I believe the rosin press they will come out with in a couple months will be sturdy and well designed.

As for a test, I think I’d probably work in conjunction with GrowersNetwork to do a good comparison test of rosin presses. These things aren’t cheap though, so I’ll have to figure out a good way to get my hands on a group of machines without having to spend $20k!

7 Likes

Let me know if I can help in any way.

6 Likes

I’d love to lend you a hand or observe! I’ve been wanting to use a rosin press ever since I learned about them.

3 Likes

Will do. You might get a private message from me down the road.

4 Likes

Nate

Anytime - You’ve got my cell phone number.

Bart

3 Likes

GREAT PRESS! First edition!!

4 Likes

Does it have corrugated valleys in the press plate?
We have messed around with pressing and felt it was too time and labor intensive for the amount of product . Our plates are flat and its a pain to get a decent amount.

3 Likes

Have you ever tried or seen the design with the roller bars on it? Kind of like the old washing machines where you wring the clothes through it. Curious if there’s a better design for pulling the rosin out.

I found the best returns came out of smaller, not larger amounts of flower. Hash/kief gave the best/most impressive results for sure as well, there may be more a case that it’s best to press that type of material and just leave flower pressing for the home?

I also found using a pre-press to be very beneficial (especially if I was using flower.) Keeps the shape much better and you can cut the pucks up to size/shape if you’re so inclined.

2 Likes

It was a project we gave up a while back. We use to make enough back when we were getting 2700 a pound to just buy equipment for fun.The press was pulled out last week to show an new employee that was curious about it. We have not had much success with it, but that may be because we usually mess around with it after work with a case of beer…

3 Likes

Gorgeous. Makes me want to try again!

2 Likes

Oh man, I do know that struggle a bit :rofl: :grinning:

I’ve found it to be very strain dependent as well. I’ve pressed over a half pound of a particular strain from one of the neighbors and the results were okay, but nothing like you see on the YouTube videos. Then he brought over a jar of Alien Rock Candy, and ohhhhhhhh mannnnnnn! GUSHED. He wasn’t even there to witness it, ran over to his house and pounded on the door “dude, it’s doing what’s it supposed to be doing!” Haha!

I’ve heard from numerous other dabbers that press it’s very strain specific as well. I’m not super keen on the math it takes for the correct amount of pressure, I have the Rosin Tech single arm pneumatic press and one of their competitors told me it’s not nearly enough pressure to get a proper extraction, so it got me curious how the formula works for a more proper or adequate amount.

Then you got guys with hair straighteners pulling nice single servings from a small bud. Shrug. Crazy.

2 Likes

Do it! It’s a labor of love (and it’s fun!) Plus, you can cook with the rosin if it sucks lol. Maybe give it a short decarb (curious how much decarb, if any, happens on that press plate?) and throw it in a 00 gelatin capsule and bottom’s up chum!

This is all pressed from flower with no filter bag (you can clearly see some leftover material in the rosin.)

2 Likes

Thanks for your support man. we offer many more models now. coming out with a 5 ton as well

2 Likes

Hey nice to see you guys on here @Sasquash ! I met you or one of your crew at a trade show here awhile back… ohhh what was it… Indo Expo in Denver? CannaGrow in Denver? I specifically horded your sticker stash haha!

You have pictures of the 5 ton model coming out?

2 Likes

I’ve only released teaser photos on the instagram

2 Likes

We did some rosin pressing the other day and filmed that, along with our process of turning the rosin into vape cartridges. The return on this particular material wasn’t terribly great - just a bit north of 3.5g from 1oz of flower.

It may have been a pressure problem this time, because otherwise it’s possible to get up to 5g out of an ounce of flower.

2 Likes

Pressing rosin is strain dependent. Some strains just don’t squish for beans brother; if you’re having bad returns, temp/pressure could be the culprit, but I’ve tried simply changing strains (same temp/pressure) and it was night and day on the rosin flow. Food for thought!

1 Like