Anyone running 10/14 light cycle?

@skindog I cant tell you how many times Ive felt that same way. I decide to try this new latest and greatest product. Just to get pissed off and go back to the kiss method. Keep It Simple Stupid. Hahaha I cut clone(45 degree angle), dip in clonex, stick in my material, put in baby trays with flat 2” lids. Set 4’ shop light T12 bulb on top of the lids. Leave Lids on 2 days, then take off and air out for a few minutes 1 time a day after. When roots are raging out of the bottom, crack the lid to adjust humidity for a day, then lid off and prep for some transplanting. Yes you can go t5, led, etc etc, but KISS method…plus the fact I root clones out in a week. My wifes record is a tray of clones rooted in 24hrs, my record is 48 hrs. The picture: These clones rooted out in a week.

3 Likes

Nice work as usual sir!

1 Like

Yes sir, thats the correct method !
24 / 48 hr rooting sounds…
uuhh well… awesome ? is it really possible ? lol
I cant imagine… I’m tickled with 7 or 8 days :slight_smile:
You Guys take care, thanks for your time

3 Likes

My usual root time is 7-8 days, sometimes 9-10 days. I don’t think its taken 10 days in years. Anyway, the 24 and 48 hr rooting is definitely possible and legit. It is not an every day occurrence, but it has been done now a few different times. I don’t believe In making things up in the forums here. I came on here to share knowledge and ideas with like minded nutballs. Hahaha i completely understand the disbelief and I take it as the purist of compliments. Lol

2 Likes

What strain was it ?

Oh man, thats a hard one to answer. Ive rocked so many genetics not sure. My wife just yelled the first tray she got rooted in 24 hrs was Budha’s Sister. There were 14 rooted and 1 that rooted 2 days later.
I cant remember stuff like that hahaha

1 Like

No problem ! lol
It was nice visiting with you and preybird
Its nice to meet people and make friends
Maybe we can do some seed trading someday soon !

1 Like

I got some seeds from @bullfrog420 I need to send him some back but i have a feeling he has a lot of genetics already. Id be down to trade some things.

Hahaha I do and don’t. I do cuz i collected them, but they are out west. I cant touch those until stuff changes here. I was into the big commercial thing when I lived there, but i got burnt out and Wanted back to smaller set ups and to work on quality and not quantitty. To grow for the love of the quality and peace, not so much the $$$ scramble. I moved back here cuz of my disabilities and the help I needed. Got lucky and some friends got me helping them and rocking out the hemp stuff. So I am back to old school small set up for personal. My different seed collections Inout together I did with the hope of future crossing, and to be able to do what we are doing now, trade and share. Im not into letting the genetics get out to big commercials, but I love seeing what guys that breed genetics can do with these. Thats why I sent those seeds out Prey. I just had to chat a while with you to make sure you where t an establish corp. I Just want to see if you can create something awesome that you just cant go buy. Or restart a genetic that is old and pure…well as pure as we can think. As for seeds coming back to me,id love them cuz I want to throw them down and flower in my set up styles and enjoy what others have created. If nothing came back my way, I wouldn’t think anything of it brother. No worries. Also…those gerberlin notes are still in one of the boxes. My wife was making fun of me today cuz im going nuts trying to find that box. Now im on a mission to find it,my favorite seed tech books are in there. Hahahaha

1 Like

how long do those last?

1 Like

Roger that buddy ill send you some stuff. Hit my DM with the adress you want me to send some beans out to. Ill return the favor. Im in psotion to femanize my runtz strains now also. So thats coming up next. I have a run of skygod where im mating the f1’s seeds. And im doing the runtz in the other tent.

2 Likes

Ive been using it for almost a year straight. The parts are available all day long. But search homade cloners There super easy to build. I got sucked into the hype and got one. One thing i do like is i can lower the temp with the fan and the clones will grow slower. Gives me more time. Ha ha im turbo cloner freak! I already want to clone again ha. But ill have 24 plants in days. Adding to 35 more plants. I run between 75 and 100 plants at all times. And many strains but in stages growths. Gives me more choices righ now! Like 3-4 sizes of plants of each strain is what i like have on hand. So 3-4 different runs of clones about every 20-30 days. Got to have nice fresh supply of healthy cuts on hand anytime i want. I have this weird thing with INVENTORY. It must be updated and in a full and stocked condition or it really bugs me. From motorcycle oil and filters to outside sprinkler parts. Anything i own if i really like it. I will have 2 and or spare parts to keep it running. I like to do it all myself. Hell i even have my own rotor rooter 200f drain clearing machine. I have a sickness lol

2 Likes

Its not a sickness but a Gift to be able to think outside the box and retain what you read…No I have not tried to run 10/14 yet but I have tried a lot, so I’ll give it a shot if you are having good success with the time you’re running.

2 Likes

So you’re Macgyver of growing cannabis lol youre a true hero growing that many plants dude wow

1 Like

haha hero. I wish. I also wish i had more room. I pull it all together using a 10’x10’ tent
3) 4x4 tents
And 2) 4x2’ tents.
And 17 quantum boards.

2 Likes

So, my lady that was on that light schedule then switched to my 12/12. She is turning purple. Like how my 90s mendo purple turns. It looks good. I will get pics up eventually. I have a lot of leaf deficiency, yet the bud is looking good. It connected and was forming colas a week plus before the rest of the room. After this harvest I am going to go ahead and do a full run in there with the adjusted light schedule you do. Thats when I will take detailed pictures. Plus it will be the room, not just 1 plant.

Also…I have done 10/14 before,20/4,19/5,etc. i used to take a clone, transplant it, then throw it under 1000w hps at a 22/2 cycle for a couple days then to 20/4, eventually getting to 18/6. That was back when I would use 4” rockwool blocks(dm10) and I was on a 4x4 tray doing ebb n flow (fill and drain). I would get shock initially, but then the plants would take off. I do not do that now, that was years ago. However, I had success with it, not failure. Just not as good as I do now. Lol experience changes everything,.so does a bigger wallet! Hahaha

1 Like

I’ve been looking for that mendo purple. My all time favorite!

1 Like

Ive got the original. Its awesome to use to cross genetics with. The original turns a beautiful purple through the entire bud. Very frosty. We had one grow deformed one time. Came out amazing, but the main cola had a weird look. It was shaped like a side ways football hahahaha just the main cola, and it was bigger than the football we had. Hahaha
Another I love I have seeds stashed in my seed collection in Colorado. Blue berry from 1996. It would turn blue, purple, pink…ahhhhh. Ive been saving those seeds waiting for the laws to change where I live. I got those seeds before fifty other people tried to cross and make their own version of blueberry. Its the kriginal that was crossed to make the Flo. And that one changes awesome color. I have that going At a friends out west. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Wow must have been a sport mutation. I love mutants.

2 Likes