Anyone running 10/14 light cycle?

I have done it before with some Blue Dream, seemed successful, this is the second grow with 10 on 14 off, just wonderin’ if anyone has any input as to speed, quality etc, oh i’m growing some Strawberry Amnesia in a box, scrog if it matters at all.

1 Like

I start with 12/12 but end up close to 10on/14off by end of flower @yyz. I decrease my on time by 5 mins every other day starting around day 20. I do this to try and follow the natural fall light cycle. I think it speeds things up in getting my buds fatt and frosty! I’ve done straight 12/12 on my 1st 2 harvest in my current system. Now I’m on number 3 with the light decrease and I can say I like the results of running shorter on times, later in flower.
:v:

3 Likes

good info Tygrow78! i’m gonna stay with the 10/14 and post my findings, next grow i’ll definitely start 12/12 and diminish as you did. thanks man!

2 Likes

@yyz
I stopped using traditional lighting times. I have permanently gone the Gas latern lighting technique.
Amazing speeds on growth, more yield, saves so much money! There is no way i have found thats better. IT WORKS!
saveelectrictygrowingcannabis

5 Likes

Hey @PreyBird1, so you are using that exact lighting schedule. No modifications? I’m definitely interested in trying on my next grow. Maybe I should adjust my current flowering schedule. Would it stress it too much to switch to the 8 on 16 off?

1 Like

Yes i have been for 7 months

2 Likes

I’ve read about this before and am very curious @PreyBird1. I’m going to try this with my upcoming flower run and see what happens. Thanks brother!

1 Like

Not that i can tell i did it to like 40 plants all at once. But if there on a different light schedule they will flower for 2 weeks and then reveg to the light cycle. Always best to start the seedlings on this schedule and continue on.

1 Like

My power bill is $158- 170 a month. this month $225 but thats because the Swamp cooler is running all day long.

1 Like

Nice. That would definitely help.

1 Like

During my peak runs i have 20 lights running, 1 turbo cloner, 10 fans, 3 ozone gens, and 1 heat mat. I like LED Quantum boards for the savings.

1 Like

Now that’s what I’m lookin’ for, right on

1 Like

No problem buddy. Grow like joe lol!

1 Like

Dude what’s crazy is this is the 2nd time over herd and and seen people talking about 10/ 14 light schedule , iv herd people say that it’s the closest thing to imatating real life kus the longest day on the planet gets like 14 hrs of light sum shit like that

Well aren’t u special damn 20 light hahaha I run 5 tops kuz I have no more space … Damn I gota buyore property to do this

1 Like

Lol im not special. I build my own lights. And i have 3) 4x4 tents. AND 3) 2X4 Tents. And 1 10x10 tent.

3 Likes

I’ve done it once before, however, preybird1 has it down! I’m goin gas lantern next time for sure.

It seems so and I’m impressed and interested

1 Like

@shmodyshmott @yyz @scotty17
Hey just a sneak peak! New light build im working on.

These little lights are kicken ass.
I got 4 more before they sold out again. The price is killer and the light output is stellar! I have 3 more drivers. And more light builds coming! I will also have a trichrome booster light build. I have the parts in my garage. Soon when i have time.

4 Likes

Noice this is what I keep telling my brother to do is build his own but some people jus don’t have the time fuck I know I don’t thers no way I coulda built mine w my 2 yrs old running arnd that’s why I jus bought mine but my brother has all the time in the world he has severe chronns disease so he can’t work and can barley eat but he’s usually doing nothing but gardening and taking the dogs out so I keep pointing him in this direction

2 Likes