Ask Me Anything: Tom Bruggemann from Tom's Tumbler [Wednesday, Feb 7th, 11 am MST]

Our machines are low voltage and low amperage, and we do have a non electric hand crank.

4 Likes

How easy is it break these down for cleaning? As tighter regulations get passed for inspections on trimming equipment (looking for residuals, solvents, etc,) are these easy to clean and be compliant with?

Any ballpark on the average time it takes to clean and sanitize your most popular machine/unit?

2 Likes

Yes our machines are much lower than all the bladed machines and trim faster and gentler. Identical to hand trimmed if used as directed. We have various models with various prices that do various quanities at a time.

2 Likes

Speaking of fastest and gentlest…I’m often concerned about the affect agitation/tumbling has on those ever precious thrichomes… does your tumbler preserve more trichs than some of the other units available on the market?

2 Likes

How often should you clean the mesh barrel and what would you clean it with ?

2 Likes

Our machine are very easy to break down and very easy to wipe down. Nets are machine washable and everything else buds come in contact with is aluminum

2 Likes

So what is the ballpark MSRP on one of your entry level models?

2 Likes

Is there a set micron size on the keif screen ?

2 Likes

What is the optimum moisture content for the best quality trim? Does it have to be “bone dy”?

2 Likes

Our various size meshes are all interchangeable and do not need to be cleaned often since resin does not stick to them

3 Likes

What’s the retail price on these run? How much product can you put through this smaller unit at a time?

2 Likes

Outside sugar leaves(trim) needs to be brittle while the inside is between 5 and 15 percent. If you follow our other directions 90 to 95 percent of trichomes and crystal will stay in tack and be identical to hand trimmed

3 Likes

Our hand crank does between 3/4 and 1 pound at a time. Our largest commercial does 3- 6 pounds in less than five minutes

2 Likes

Retail prices between $499 and commercial up to $3299

2 Likes

Outside sugar leaves(trim) needs to be brittle while the inside is between 5 and 15 percent. If you follow our other directions 90 to 95 percent of trichomes and crystal will stay in tack and be identical to hand trimmed

2 Likes

Are you improving on the initial products? Any big changes coming to the equipment? Any innovations on the books you’d care to share?

1 Like

kief nets we offer is 110 micron and mostly 150 micron

1 Like

As I said I am working on a continuous feed machine that will trim 1500 pounds a day and still have hand trimmed quality

2 Likes

entry level models between $499 and $1200

2 Likes

Absolutely, because we don’t utilize aggressive blades or metal screens, etc, our machines preserve trichomes just like if it were hand trimmed.

1 Like