Ask Me Anything: Tom Bruggemann from Tom's Tumbler [Wednesday, Feb 7th, 11 am MST]

Attachment_1397900000001834127_attach_1_1397900000001834127_NEW2-TOMs-MERGED-DARK-GREY-TUMBLER-white-400x266 (1)

Hey everyone!

Growers Network is hosting an Ask Me Anything event on Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 at 11 am MST with Tom Bruggemann from Tom’s Tumbler!

From Tom’s Tumbler Vendor Corner:

Tom Bruggemann, the President of Tom’s Tumbler, is a long time grower and inventor for 30 years with various patents in various industries.

Tom’s Tumbler is a system for dry trimming plant materials of leafy flowers, for separating small particles and super-fine plant material and for breaking down large leaf and plant matter into smaller particles. It is recommended for a wide range of aromatic and medicinal plants, including hops, cannabis and herbs. It is also used for extracting pollen.

How does Tom’s Tumble Trimmer work?

-The weight of the flowers tumbling over each other and brushing against the soft mesh netting gently breaks the trim off without hurting the flower.

-Each flower is beautifully manicured in less than 5 minutes.

-Our variable speed motor allows you to control the speed of the tumbling action.

-There are NO blades and no oils. And no product is lost.

-Tumbling produces beautifully manicured buds and clean trim.

Tom’s Tumbler Contact Info

Tom’s Tumblers has Amy @TomsT here on the community available to help you out. Feel free to @ tag her in your questions to alert them beyond the AMA!

You can add the event to your calendar here:

Feel free to start posting questions now for Tom and looking forward to seeing the community at the AMA! See you on the 7th!

2 Likes

Hey everyone don’t forget, we have Tom’s Tumbler AMA coming up this Wednesday, Feb 7th at 11 am MST!

2 Likes

AMA starts at 11 am MST (about 1.5 hours from this post!)

53 AM - Display 1

A bladeless trimmer!

2 Likes

I’ll start off with a preliminary question to get some gears turning here!

What is the advantage of this over a trimmer with blades? There are lots of trimmers with blades on the market. What makes this different? Better?

3 Likes

Wow! is this powerless?

3 Likes

@TomsT

What is the #1 most common misconception with bladeless trimming and how do you help steer people in the right direction with this misconception?

2 Likes

Related to @CannaBull420’s question – can you attach a motor to it? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@TomsT

How does Tom’s Tumbler match up with efficiency and quality of end product to trimmers like Twister, Greenbroz, Triminator, and Centurion Pro? We speak with several growers daily, and we are always trying to discuss the best options on the market for their trimming needs.

Furthermore, how does your solution stack up against traditional hand trimming?

2 Likes

Does this trim as quickly as an electric Trimmer???

1 Like

My machines utilize a mesh barrel that creates a soft environment for dry buds to tumble in. As the buds gently tumble over and on to each other, they gently trim each other. Similar to a rock tumbler polishing each other. In the end my machines are the only ones that produce buds that are identical to hand trimmed. People and labs cannot tell the difference. (See reviews on the internet.) Also, the cost of our machines are significantly lower than the bladed machines. Our machine are also very quiet and are virtually maintenance free. Our machine not only trim, but separate popcorn buds from trim and kief from final trim with interchangeable meshes. We have a hand crank model that starts at $499 to industrial machines that trim six pounds in less than 5 minutes.

1 Like

Most of our units are motorized. The smallest unit is our original hand crank unit for small home growers. Our commercial model trims 6 pounds in 5 minutes using our manual speed motor.

2 Likes

we have many models that have high torque DC motors as well as a basic hand crank

2 Likes

We are the only bladeless trimmer on the market with various patents pending. There is however a guy who is infringing on our patents. All other machines are bladed.

2 Likes

We are officially kicking off the AMA with Tom @tom2 everyone (@memberdirectory!)

Come on in and ask your questions on their harvest equipment!

1 Like

We have a powerless hand crank as well as many 12 volt low power for off grid use.

3 Likes

@TomsT

Are the tumble screens a fabric/nylon mesh? Would there by any chance of fraying over time with them?

What is the maintenance like on your machines? What happens to the tumble screens over time? Do they gum up? Can they be cleaned?

1 Like

We are hands down the fastest and gentlest automated trimmer on the market, and I am developing a machine that will gently trim 1500 pounds a day

3 Likes

Our screens do not gum up and we have not seen any signs of fraying after years in the field. The only maintenance really is spraying an organic lubricant on zippers intermittently

3 Likes

the kief screen can be cleaned with alcohol

3 Likes

I’m curious about MSRP. I have people asking all the time about trimmers that are a little more cost effective than your standard commercial units. It seems like this trimming machine is more geared toward that ever-growing (pun intended) market. Is that correct?

2 Likes