Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone.

I’m in network less than 24 hours, and I’m already impressed by you all!

Cannabis touches on so many aspects of life that are crucial to meaning, culture, politics, ethics, and joy. But more on all that later.

I am an entrepreneur just coming into the cannabis space.

I have had the good fortune to have worked in various related industries.

I lived at Green Gulch Zen center for two years studying Zen and practicing meditation. For the two years at Green Gulch, I worked on the 8-acre farm, which led me to work in small-scale organic farming for 6 years.

After agriculture, I graduated from Columbia Law School in 2007, and I had a brief career as a corporate tax attorney in NYC.

Since 2009, I have lived in Sedona, AZ studying a traditional Japanese martial art, selling timeshare, and investing in real estate.

I am very excited to be joining you all.

7 Likes

Good morning Growers Network!

Ah, the day after the Super Bowl. I can feel the proverbial butts dragging on the ground already this morning haha! Hopefully everyone had fun and enjoyed themselves (responsibly, of course!)

Grabbed some Harlequinn shatter from the dispensary this weekend, good day time effect.

Whether you had too much fun this weekend or not, I’ve got a hot pot of coffee going, making a breakfast biscuit for the morning, and ready to rock and roll for the week!

Let’s make it a good one everyone (because no one else is is going to do that for us!) Have a great day!

7 Likes

Big shout out to our new members over the weekend!

@wasungrown
@nategreenmen
@bjsagrade
@RobHunt
@KreativCtrl
@jake
@medpharmia
@thanley
@ChrisM

Welcome all of you! If you get a moment, say hello and a bit about yourself! If you have any questions, feel free to tag me @Jordan or send me a direct message and I’d be more than happy to help you!

Don’t forget to add your social media information here!

And if you get a chance, check out our new Performance Testing section where we’re having commercial growers or even anyone that has a vested interest in the products to apply to try out vendor products and showcase them right here for the community!

Have a great day everyone!

4 Likes

Good morning everyone! I’d like to introduce our new members to Growers Network!

@Pratt
@joshua.zaretsky
@seed
@ellyn.nicole

Welcome to the community and we’re glad to have you here!

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

4 Likes

Jordan,

Thank you for the reply. Essentially we are spray drying the CBD in our blend of binder ingredients. This captures the CBD in a very small form factor and completely encapsulates the CBD allowing it to be water soluble.

4 Likes

Happy Wednesday!

It’s AMA day!

We have Tom Bruggemann (@TomsT) from Tom’s Tumbler coming on at 11 am MST for an Ask me Anything! Tom’s Tumbler has a bladeless trimmer product and would love to answer any questions about the use, their company, or anything you can think of relating to harvest!

Don’t be a stranger, take a minute if you have one to say hello and support your fellow vendors on GN! :smiley:

3 Likes

Let’s also give a big welcome to our new members (@memberdirectory )

@john.ohaver
@disconform
@heainjectors

Come on in, say hello and tell us a bit about yourselves!

Feel free to post your social media accounts here!

Check out our new Performance Testing section with Harvest Gold Silica (@Joella_HGS) and Integra by Desiccare (@Integra!)

5 Likes

we are looking for partners in all states .

Part 2: Coffee & Cannabis Episode 14 | Product of The Month | OneGro “The Original Inhaler”

https://www.directcannabisnetwork.com/coffee-cannabis-one-gro/

https://www.directcannabisnetwork.com/coffee-cannabis-one-gro/

4 Likes

Hello @wendylearall nice to see you on the forum. There are some very bright professionals here. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Shout out to @Adelia_DCN for the Coffee & Cannabis series. I love those videos!

4 Likes

Welcome to the network :slight_smile: where at in MO are you from?

3 Likes

Hi I’m Nick Smart GM at CannaCon. We have one of the largest B2B cannabis shows in the country. Please check us out at cannacon.org Our next show is in Seattle feb 15th-17th.

4 Likes

Hi everybody!
My name’s Ellyn and I just started my first cultivation position in the Colorado cannabis industry. I graduated Kansas State University with a BS in Horticulture in December of 2017 and moved out to the Denver area a few weeks later. So I am very new to the cannabis industry and this state! I have been eager to get into the industry for years now and am very excited to finally be involved.
I’m passionate about plants, but especially cannabis. I am looking forward to learning from experienced growers, and serving as a resource on commercial horticultural practices.
My personal interests and long term goals in the industry are to learn and practice as much as possible to grow the best plants, and to become a highly skilled cultivator. I’m also very interested in breeding and genetics, and greenhouse/ indoor grow technology.

Thanks for having me, and I’m happy to be networking with you all!

7 Likes

Good almost afternoon everyone!

Welcoming @Veridin to Growers Network! They provide security systems, card access, CCTCV and perimeter site protection. Thanks joining us (and thank for explaining to me what you do this morning!)

Hope everyone is having a great day today!

4 Likes

Thanks for the introduction Jordan. I’ve been involved with the private security industry and law enforcement for over 25 years now in the capacity of protecting people and assets. In Canada, my company, Veridin Systems, has been providing integrated security systems for a number of markets, however one of our specialties is securing pharmaceutical and marijuana facilities.

I would be happy to assist anyone with their questions on any security related concerns they may have. I may not have all the answers, but I am sure I can find out.

Looking forward to engaging with everyone.

Colin

6 Likes

Good Day to all,

My name is Cole Berger. I am from South Florida and I have worked in the Food Manufacturing industry for the past 15 years. My experience and passion revolves around the Research, Development, Costing and implementing the large scale production of new recipes. Food Safety and Quality are the most important aspects to any Food Business, it’s the best or nothing.

For the past five years, I have focused my passion for Safety and Quality in and around the Cannabis Industry. I have seen product quality increase by implementing GMPs that are currently standard in other industries. Knowledge is power, I look forward to learning and meeting new people. Together we will advance this industry and end prohibition.

5 Likes

Ellyn, for starters congratulations your new and first cultivation position in the industry! If that’s not deserving a round of applause, I don’t know what is! :grinning: I moved to Colorado about 7 months ago now from Nebraska and I’ve never regretted it! Best decision ever!

Are you allowed to say who the company is you’ve taken the position with?

We have got you covered! We have a whole group of growers here (I’ll add you to the group so you can get the tags and be part of the group PM I have going with them!) Between the group you’ll find someone that likely can help answer questions or walk you through some scenarios if they pop up!

We also have some breeders (like @Subcool and @DutchPassionTony) on the site and we’re actively building out our Genetics section to bring even more on!

Since you’re a cultivator as well, check out our Performance Testing section and you can find free product samples for Integra by Desiccare (desiccant pouches for controlled humidity with curing,) and the upcoming Harvest Gold Silica, which @Growernick has started a grow journal for!

I’m working with the growers and cultivators on the site to find out more of what they want to see (or not see :grinning:) and I’m open to suggestions!

Thanks for being part of the site and it’s great to see more growers join us! Feel free to tag me @Jordan if you have any questions!

4 Likes

Good afternoon Cole! Great to have another experienced professional in our community!

GMP stands for Good Manufacturing Practice, right? Have you seen any cases specifically in the cannabis industry so far that helped make that decision for you to want there to be a higher quality or standard set? Any horror stories?

Looking forward to your response and seeing you around our community, thank you for joining us!

4 Likes

Jordan:

On behalf of Rob Hunt and myself, many thanks for the warm welcome and
sorry it took a little while to reply.

We are the co-Founders of Shingle Hill https://shinglehill.com/ and we
look forward to learning about the Growers Network community, and being of
service to its members if there’s ever a need for what we’re all about. We
provide a wide range of consulting services to all segments of the cannabis
industry, most specifically focused on valuations, capital transactions,
and expert witness testimony.

We’re glad to be here, and thanks again for reaching out to make us feel
welcome.

Jake Schrader & Rob Hunt, Shingle Hill

6 Likes

Greetings and salutations! Welcome to the industry and to GNET! As Jordan mentioned, there are many helpful users here and an exponential number of opportunities to continue your education. Reach out with any questions you may have!

4 Likes