Auto flower not flowering

You’re searching phenotypes too when you’re doing this so there’s a substantial amount of space required to do this to.

3 Likes

Im going to go ahead and do the flip to 12/12. I feel that 7.5 weeks of veg is plenty and should be plenty of time for an Auto to switch on its own. I will keep everyone updated. I sure hope I dont mess this up haha.

7 Likes

OK I got a question for you. And this is a good one.

If you have regular auto flower seeds and you have two strains let’s call them strain A and strain B
So you grow 10 of each and then you decide you want to cross them. If you take your Best male from the A plant and the best female from the B plant would their seeds come out all auto flowers.

1 Like

Yes as long as they are both auto flowers, only way an auto is gonna show auto is having only the recessive auto gene ONLY as aa eliminating the dominant variations of AA or Aa for photos

So what your asking is if you cross an aa with an aa only thing you should expect to get is aa,aa,aa,aa from the offspring which is gonna be only that recessive autoflower trait. In this case u mentioned a new strain is born as a cross of A and B with only the recessive auto trait in it’s genotype

2 Likes

What happily retired said, takes a lot of space and a lot of seeds cuz ur looking for the ones that auto’d to continue to work while also still looking for the desirable traits in the end result your going for, it’s pretty much a multi trait plant hunt and after the 2nd cross only 25% chance of finding what u need to push forward, could easily take 2-3 years and a good 6-8 grows to achieve the stable strain u set out to make but at least with autos the grows aren’t as lengthy.

2 Likes

Another thing worth mentioning, anytime you have AA it’s gonna be full photo 100% dependent on the photo parent for what to expect for the grow , Aa you actually will have a faster finishing photo and what some breeders will go off of to know the ruderalis is hidden in the genetics and aa you have an auto

2 Likes

I appreciate all of the information, going to switch to 12/12 and see what happens just because I suspect there is more A then a in these plants at this point. I would think that surely 7.5 weeks from sprout is sufficient to properly switch itself from veg to flower under 18/6 if these were true Auto’s. I’ll switch it and leave it be and see what happens. Wish me luck!

4 Likes

Good luck! I think your making a good decision based on the info provided! Hopefully u will be enjoying those buds after Valentine’s day, ur prob in for a full 8-9 weeks of flower still

6 Likes

Second day of 12/12. I’ve noticed the tops turning a lighter green and on one plant this weird dark green leave growth pattern. Is this normal at the start of flowering or something or did I over/under feed them possibly?

2 Likes

Still looking exactly how a marijuana plant should look. Brilliant shades of green, dark with nutrients mature growth and brightly blooming new growth. Just stay on course.

6 Likes

Do u breed. U seem like u have a good head on ur shoulders there. U just put like 5 new wrinkles in my brain bruh. I don’t breed yet but would love to get into it whether it be just mating 1 plant at a time or several just seems like it would be a blast to do. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Years

5 Likes

When you over analyze your plants which we all do, you see weird stuff all the time. Every Seed is different and every once in a while they have a bad hair day just like us. Just try not to over analyze every little dot on your leaves or every curl or whatever. If you have one spot watch it until it grows out. If it’s systemic the whole plant or working from the bottom up etc. then you need to worry about it and come up with a solution. All in all you’re looking good.:+1:t3:

7 Likes

Haha no, I’ve just done a lot of research on it and tuning into grow talks. I’m usually about having sinsemillia in my garden so males typically get the boot haha might be considering some projects in the future but will be sticking to photoperiods if I do

4 Likes

That’s a great sign she is flipping!! It’s the plant pulling back on nitrogen and gonna start up taking more phosphorus. Usually it will be that color for about a week or two till your first white pistils come in on the node, u sir did in fact have a photoperiod!! Haha way to go ilgm!! Haha I’d message em and tell em your auto was “defective” might get some free beans out of it🤷

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’m pretty happy to have a photo as that is my goal with any new grows. These were autos in the package given to me so I couldn’t pass it up. But happy to hear from everyone here that things are looking well. Thanks again for everyone’s input it is very much appreciated! I couldn’t be happier with the way these girls look for my first time. Although growing super hot peppers is a challenge of its own sometimes, I’ve got that down so I had a bit of a green thumb going in. They are stretching lots every day it’s insane.

4 Likes

Photos are better in my opinion if u want full control of the garden, plenty of time to train and shape the plant then can tell it to flower when u want it to. Autos to me are throw grow and forget about aside from giving some water about every 5 days and a splash of tea every couple weeks. Those first couple weeks of stretch it’s very possible your plant can stretch to double or triple it’s size, since ur sativa dominant it prob will too, I’ve always noticed the most stretch out of sativa’s, my sfv I grew this year went from about 3 ft to 6ft real easy

As far as feeding schedule goes, you need to put them on your flower feedings switching from veg. Stick to the suggested plan and don’t tempt urself to “give it a lil extra” just cuz u see the lighter nodes, keep it consistent and in two weeks the lighter color will be gone and white pistils In place

5 Likes

Very very good advice. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

You WILL get some complementary seeds. ILGM is pretty good about that kind of stuff.

5 Likes

Thanks. I don’t know if ILGM will comp me anything since I wasn’t the original purchaser and the person that gave them to me moved out of state. But that’s ok. Now the stretch does worry me, if I would have known these were more photo then auto at week 5 I would have switched then. My height limit is just right at 5 feet max. If I have to I’ll put another net in there and do a little/tiny bit of bending to try and keep it under control. Moving them outside isn’t an option as we near below 0 here very soon plus all the snow. Hoping for the best! Great learning experience.

2 Likes

Sativa’s are def more forgiving bending the branches over, just some time and some stringing the tops over tying to the pot isn’t uncommon, there are even some that will roll stem till it’s soft and bend the top over so the branch bends/falls over and not breaks but not so sure I’d suggest that as first time cuz it’s a delicate process to do right. The earlier u can start to tie stuff downward the better you are cuz as it continues to stretch it’s gonna go upward, if u can get the branches half the height now, then the stretch will get it to the height u started with more bushiness

4 Likes