Auto flower not flowering

I had the exact same problem! Turns out my autos were photos though. I waited 7.5 weeks then flipped to 12/12.
I hope that’s not the case with you. My 3 month grow turned into 6 months.
Good luck and happy growing! :v:

5 Likes

Totally love this - a good smoke is worth the wait along with good genetics was my first outdoor grow experience in 21.

5 Likes

As long as u have a order number and name of the person I’m sure it will be done just have to make sure they change the address to your address. I’m sure they will work something out with u they r super ppl at the ilgm seed site. If ur a forum member there tag ilgm Stacy and ask her about this issue she is one of the seeds site people’s. Hooe this may help ya in some way.

5 Likes

Mark, BTW it’s great to see you back on the forum…I do believe it’s been a second !
Welcome back and I hope life’s been good to you !!!

5 Likes

Yes has been a while. Believe it was in April sometime last login. All is well here so far. Living and learning

3 Likes

Happy Nee Year everyone! Just a quick update. I’m about 11/12 days since the flip to 12/12. Although they have stretched like no other I’m not seeing allot of flower activity just yet. Is this normal or am I dealing with a bad strain. I did reach out to ILGM and they did inform me that sometimes mistakes in packaging can happen. Any input is appreciated once again.
Uploading: 6A36DEA7-BE86-4A3B-8D90-2345AD5E0213.jpeg…
Processing: 744F5176-08E5-40C7-B2C2-8FD222B81D1D.jpeg…
Processing: 61BC009F-A31B-4BF4-808B-0DCB4A03D8BD.jpeg…
Processing: 4E353F88-BD60-4095-AB6D-502C96C72627.jpeg…
Processing: 98F05FD3-19A3-4C79-8905-78F0A4ADF284.jpeg…
Processing: 3D0FAE2B-896B-47D2-9CB7-9466A4B87387.jpeg…

2 Likes

Try loading a couple of pictures at a time. They’re not coming through more than likely because there’s too many.

3 Likes

Thanks I’m just now seeing that.

4 Likes

4 Likes

What do they look like now?

1 Like

It’s flowering, just not very much yet.

Marty

2 Likes

They look like I just needed to be patient. Thanks for everyone’s help.

4 Likes

Looks like they were just a little slow to start. Looking good! :metal:

I know I’m almost a month late to the auto breeding conversation :laughing: but I’m just now catching up. It is possible to create an autoflowering strain from an auto and a photo, but it usually requires a few back crosses to an auto strain. Humboldt Seed Company has what they call a “cross breed to auto program” where they do exactly that. Cross a popular auto with a popular photo, then back cross it until it’s auto.

2 Likes

Thank you!
So far they look great. I finally picked up a PPM meter to measure input and output. Did a water only today on schedule and 2 of the three girls were ok I believe. I fed them last week. 2 of the three has a PH input of 6.4 and output of 6.49 and 6.39 in the run off. PPM on those two in the run off was 870ppm and 671. The third girl had a runoff PH of 5.7 and a 1549 PPM run off. I assume the third girl has a nute lockout so I flushed her until I achieved a 699PPM run off. But the PH is still at a 5.8 even after using a 6.7 input PH to flush. I’m not sure what my input PPM was when I fed them as I just received the meter/pen. I know my water PPM input today was 170 from the tap. Is there concern on the 5.8 PH and should/how do I correct it or is the 5.8 PH runoff due to the lockout and will it correct on its own? They were all planted in the same medium at the same time. I’m not even sure if I should feed any of them the next watering time. Any input is super helpful. I’m sure once I have this down you won’t hear from me unless I’m helping others with what I have learned. My medium is mainly a peat mix. It’s that red bag Walmart sold of Promix. The compact bag.

2 Likes

Well you have the right idea and a couple meters that will work well…
What you shold start doing is recording your pH in/out and EC (ppm) in /out
You can do a search of optimal EC and find some guidance numbers relative to growth stage and planting medium…

When you get to the point where your drainage EC (ppm) is equal to or greater than your feeding EC(ppm) you are at lockout…in other words you know your feeding more nuets than your plants are utilizing…so if you start this process in early veg and continue throughout your grow your plants will give you guidance on when to increase nuets and by how much…

This takes a little work but will pay dividends in the long run …FWIW

5 Likes

@happilyretired Great Question! I’ve only been here a couple days and I swear on everything I’ve learned sooooooooo much more already @azseaindooin420 you’re a genius Haha I wouldn’t have known thanks for the info

2 Likes

Next time you flush her, put about a teaspoon of Recharge per gallon of water, then don’t water with nutes for a couple times after that just water or add more Recharge to the water. It’s the best stuff I have found so far for fixing lockout.

Marty

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip on Recharge as well as everyone’s help through this. I am concerned that the low 5.8 PH runoff on her is an issue as well. Is it something I need to fix in some way? She is much darker green all around then the other two but has started to develop a deficiency due to the lockout I assume as shown in the pics. I’ve noticed the other two are thriving more but are getting lighter green as seen in the background in the pic. I will feed them but should I wait for my soup to dry before I feed since I just watered them two days ago and they are still fairly soaked?
Should I do something about the low PH run off on the locked out plant?
Should I wait to feed the other two until the soil dries up or feed them now?

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Don’t feed them if pots are still pretty wet. You don’t want to over water. I have the same issues with ph, but I’m not equipped to answer that. I’ll leave that to someone else.
I would definitely wait for pots to dry more before feeding, though.
:v:. :green_heart:. :+1:.

1 Like

Low ph will prevent or inhibit the uptake of certain nutrients, so even if your PPM are in range, your girl still won’t get everything she needs. Once the ph is back up between 6.3 and 6.8 (in soil) or 6.0 and 6.5 (in Coco/promix) she’ll start picking back up the stuff she’s missing now.

3 Likes