Auto flower not flowering

That’s what I was thinking. I still don’t know why the PH is so low in that container then the others using the same soil mix. But I need to raise it so it will uptake the nutrients. I suspect this is why the PPM was so high on that plant compared to the others because the PH is so low and it wasn’t up taking the nutrients. I’m thinking about locating some dolomite lime to try and correct it, maybe spreading it in the other pots as well to prevent any further issues.

1 Like

Dolomite lime is best if put in when you mix your soil. It takes time to break down, depending how much longer you have to go with your auto, I would stick with liquid nutes for now. I’d sub cal/mag for lime right now, but good idea for next grow! Imo anyway.
:v:. :green_heart:. :+1:.

2 Likes

I mix and water all my plants the same, but I still get one or two with ph issues. Never sure why. But they still grow!
It’s a mystery to me, my friend! 🤷. :question:. :v:.

I’ve been using cal magic but I’ve only doses about 2-3 ml per gallon for each plant. I’ve also found with my feed schedule I’ve underfed the past three weeks. Will cal magic bring up the ph so the plant takes in the nutes? Should I up there intake of cal magic per gallon?

1 Like

They are just like people…plants that is…everyone is different unless you start with clones, seed started plants even the same exact genes, express with different phenotypes and grow faster and slower and better worse than their sister in the next pot. I have one in this grow that gets dry a day earlier than all the rest and is bigger and has bigger buds, but is now getting yellow leaves where the rest are all still green. Up until a couple of days ago, they all looked the same, now I have some necrosis and yellowing of the leaves on that one. Not gonna worry it, they are 6 weeks into flower, next water I am going to up the PH to about 7 to counteract. I have been keeping it around 5.8 to 6.2 and adding a little Recharge each water. I’m gonna up the Recharge on the next water too. Got about a month to go.

Marty

2 Likes

I’m headed to my local grow shop now. We only have one small one since becoming rec here. He’s told me he does not carry recharge but has similar products. So I’m going to take a look and see. Is there anything else similar to recharge I should look into? I assume this lady just wasn’t able to uptake the nutes based on the low ph even though they were all fed the same with an intake ph of 6.2 to 6.4. I just worry that if I don’t correct this PH run off issue she will never recover.

1 Like

No, cal/mag will not fix your ph. Try to up the ph of the water to 6.8 for that one plant.

1 Like

Well my autos are not autos we found out they are photos. I’m in week3/4 flower which is why I was thinking dolomite lime would help the rest of the way. Just need to get that PH up somehow quickly. I see more signs daily in her that she’s not doing well. I’ll try and up the intake PH in her feedings and watering a.

1 Like

I’d up it to 6.8 and see what happens.

1 Like

In that case, dolomite lime is a good idea. Mix it in the top of your soil.

1 Like

But still up the ph. I did it for my plant and it helped.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t know anything about recharge but sounds like a good idea. So, I can’t suggest any products. I’d ask the sales person.

If its not an auto, I wouldn’t be afraid to take it up to 7.0 ph.

Recharge is a mix of fungi and microbes, mixed in with molassas to feed them, they will help to right the PH being too low and will make nutrients that are locked out availible again. I would use it along with a PH of your water up to 7-8, if your soil is too acid it will balance out. Just like adding PH up and down to your feed water until you get it where you want it before you feed. No nutes. water until you get a saucer full, then do it again the next water too. It won’t correct overnight.

Marty

2 Likes

Well, I gotta get me some of that! Is it on Amazon?

Another pro tip would be just throwing fireplace ash as an amendment in the soil, high in potassium and lime and organic :wink:

1 Like

Check out “the dude grows” podcasts on YouTube, they push the grow dots and recharge pretty strong, recharge is great for reboosting the microbe populations in soil

1 Like

Another Pro tip…don’t do that!..
Ph that in water first 10-11, super alkaline

2 Likes

I grow organic, so I don’t feed my plants as much as I feed the soil. Sounds like recharge would be perfect for that.
My pots are filled with all kinds of microbes from the living soil. I only feed tea & molasses, but maybe ill try some recharge.

3 Likes