Autoflower Twenty20 contest

Yes hydroton balls in a net pot. I just lowered my water level another inch down as suggested. I know that won’t fix the PH problems but it might make them a bit healthier until I get this problem nailed down.

Thanks, that is what I needed was suggestions, sometimes you don’t think of things others do. If I could just check my PH once a week and feed them I would be in hog heaven lol.

I’ll get it sooner or later, might kill em first lol.

Came across a post on another forum, I’m in coco not doing hydro but it said some clay will cause rdwc to climb in ph. Might at least be some testing you can do for that

I have been growing weed since the mid 70’s. I have killed many a plant, most unintentionally and probably will kill many more :rofl: :joy: :v:t4:
@bow4buck I have read the same thing. I usually rinse mine before using. I have not had any issues with it. I think that it could be an issue if you are top feeding :v:t4:

1 Like

Well now didn’t know that, and maybe with my water too high it was washing the hydroton balls too much and raising the PH. These are Hydroton brand clay balls, so not off brand or cheap.

Yes I washed mine before putting them in the net pots, I put them in a colander and washed all the dust off of them then let them dry before I used them. They were filthy when I got them out of the bag. I’ve been growing since the late 60’s but first time in hydro.

Stike 3 I’m out, just thought I’d try and help but sometimes misinformation can be worse then the problem :grin:

1 Like

That was one of the reasons, I kept asking about water level. Didn’t say anything else because I didn’t want to muddy the waters. I am new to Hydro myself. This is only my third run. I have not changed my res since I started my photo run on August 18, 2020. I’m on my second run, without a res change, only water top offs. So far this run, I have yet to add any nutes. I will tag you into my journal, if you would like :v:t4:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that suggestion at all ! I’ll take any and all till I get this figured out !

2 Likes

Yes please do, how many gallons is your reservoir? You and Hydro921 both say they don’t change their reservoir. Every hydro place out there tells you to do it once a week or at the longest every 10 days. But now there is two of you saying they don’t. My head hurts lol. Thanks for all the help guys it is much appreciated !!

2 Likes

It’s all just advice and experience, what works for one doesn’t always work for the other. It’s like I have always said, the only givens with growing weed is, there are no givens :v:t4:

2 Likes

Hydro is running a system designed after mine. I will tag you in here in a second. My res is 60 some gallons and I am running 6 27 gallon totes. I designed and built my system, myself. I now have several people in several states, running the same type of system, with similar results :v:t4:

1 Like

I am always willing to help, in any way I can :v:t4:

1 Like

@repins12 could you tag me over there too please? Im interested in learning!

1 Like

Sure thing, my friend :v:t4:

1 Like

I’m over there thanks so much!

2 Likes

Sorry man.
I got pulled away. Looks like the problem might be the rain water. I do rinse my hydroton and I just finished a grow seed to harvest with no rez change lol

1 Like

No big deal…I went up and fixed dinner and ate. Just got back this morning. Electric company was changing out all the meters in the neighborhood so had to wait on them before I fired up the puter.

Thanks everyone. It is much appreciated. I guess I either have to go to the water station that has RO distilled water or buy a RO system. Both sucks lol.

2 Likes

I get mine from water mill.
Self fill. $1 for 5 gallons

Get one of these, takes you to 0-15 ppms. I love it
Been using it for couple grows. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00204CQF6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_0QH4K9QQ5AWZSA7B95ZA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Does it put out a lot

1 Like