Autumn Autos 2019

Thanks, @scotty17! I love Blue Cheese!

4 Likes

2 Chiesels and an E.Blue Cheese have been dropped into H2O/H2O2.

I did check on the Rootered ones before dropping: Chiesel 1 has a short, yet thick tap root (I did not know this til I tweezed it out of the Rooter, which may or may not have damaged the lovely tap root); Chiesel 2 has just a hint of a tail; E. Blue Cheese has no change.

6 Likes

ive read a few grow journals of sweet cbd. Apparently it really lives up to its name with taste and smell. Also seems to finish in under 60 days which is pretty wild! Can’t wait to see them grow up!

3 Likes

I had a chance to try a nug from @greenthunder907. Nice sweet, yet earthy taste with a skunky finish. Great effects.

I can’t wait either!

4 Likes

Monday 9/30/19, I think it’s safe to call today:
Day #1 From Germination
Well, at least for the first 7 girls.

As of 2pm today, Temps/rh: 79F/74%

Gave each of the 7 and Chiesel #1 1tbsp of RO water at 8am

Saturday night, I turned off the heat mat.

Sunday night, I removed the water bowls from the germination station, opened all dome vents, and turned on a small fan to circulate air around the station.

The New Girls are snug in their inoculated Rooters, which I’ve placed in a domed, heated germination tray. The tray is in the corner of the tent, covered to keep out the light until tomorrow. No pics, because it’s just a towel covered box with temps/rh of 79F/70%.

9 Likes

I was going to put them in their Cow Pots, today, but the farmer’s co-op is out of FFHF…til summer. So, I have to make 240 mile round trip drive to get a $35 bag of potting mix. The things we won’t do for these plants.

I hope Critical Blue’s roots can handle one more day in the rooter.

6 Likes

Cow Pot Day
I decided to change the Cow Pot mix from what I originally may have written, just because I didn’t feel like dealing with Coco, today.

The Cow Pot Mix:
13 cups Promix HP
7 cups Happy Frog
1 tsp Recharge
Moistened with 1.5 cups of the following solution

Watered in with some of this:
1 qt RO Water
⅛ tsp EACH: Demeter, Catalyst, Piranha, Voodoo, and Tarantula
¼ tsp Persephone

pH of solution: 3.3
Adjusted pH: 6.4

Each Cow Pot was filled with the mix, then I stuck my fingers in to make Rooter sized holes. I placed 1 tbsp of solution at the bottom of each hole, then watered in with another 2 tbsps.

I put the heat mat back under the big tray, took off the dome, started the humidifier, and turned down my exhaust fan. I’ll leave the heat mat on til tomorrow morning. During veg, the humidifier runs whenever the light is on.

I decided to just put everyone in Cow Pots. The 2 randos on the left side are the first Chiesels; not giving up what little hope I have for them.

The rh is waaaaay too low. Give it a few hours.

7 Likes

Mon October 7th Day#8/Start of Wk#2
(Day#1/Week#1 for 2nd set):

Temps/rh: holding steady at 77F/65%
Light: 120w/31.5"/13,500 lux/196 PPFD/24hrs
Watering/Nutes: Watering as needed, which right now is ¼ cup RO daily for the older girls, and ⅛ cup for the younger girls; no added nutrients, except as noted on Cowpot Day. Starting at their next watering, they will get RO buffered with tap to pH 6.2-6.4.

The Bad Girls (the 2 Young Muties, plus the 2 Old Grumps that were not happy being made to wait for their cow pots):

Expert Blue Cheese is looking like she’s going to be just fine. The Chiesel…I am not holding out too much hope there. Oh, well. Sometimes, that’s just the way the seed cracks.

The Good Girls

12 Likes

Hey T. Thought mayb this could b useful to u.

3 Likes

Thanks! You’re kind of awesome, sometimes. I sent them a message.

3 Likes

Day#9/#2

Finally starting to show some personality. Seedlings are so boring until they start demanding things: that’s when the fun begins!

Watered The Girls with a solution of:
4 cups RO
4 cups Tap
⅛ tsp EACH Demeter and Recharge
¼ tsp Persephone
PH @ 6.4
The bigger girls got ⅓ cup each, while Chiesel only recieved ⅛ cup.

They’re growing, now! Will most likely put them in their final 5 gallon homes this weekend.

EDIT: Just got word the Veg + Bloom should be here, today. Since the Chiesels failed, I’m going to run it on the Big Buddha Blue Cheese, since I’ve already grown that strain a few times using my main line-up. I figure that way, I’ll kind of have a control reference back to those grows.

(btw, it took 20+ minutes to upload that pic…the first try. The moment it finished uploading, the system logged me out. Yeah, do you know how frustrating that is? Just be glad there’s CBD & that I’ve found a new internet spot.)
download%20(5)

9 Likes

Been doing that to me a lot lately. Hmmm🤔

2 Likes

Oh, for me, it’s my shoddy internet. We’re going to install a signal booster. Was supposed to do it this past weekend, but it snowed.

I think it just took too long and the system thought I was idle too long? I just about cried, tbh, but only because I had just been celebrating it was done, then blammo! logged out.

2 Likes

Just received the Veg+Bloom kit test. I am not looking forward to the synthetics, but I do like experimenting, so this should be fun.

Seems quite a bit like Megacrop, as far as feeding instructions and such. Thinking they’ll have the same general pros/cons, too?

Stay tuned. I will most likely start implementing the products this Friday. I sure hope my test subject doesn’t get too upset with me for making her my guinea pig. :grinning:

8 Likes

She may thank you in the end tho​:call_me_hand::grin:… I’ll still be watching for sure… Again your strains are amazing!!

4 Likes

Not the call me hand :rofl:. … the shaka :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Amazingly detailed and educational journal

7 Likes

Thanks, @tdubwilly. I’m trying to make it informative and easy to read at a glance.

7 Likes

Day 10/3 Light update

Old:
120w
31.5"
13800 lux
201ppfd
24/0

New:
120w
30"
14500 lux
211ppfd
20/4 (first dark period starting at 3am, later
tonight)

the younger two are 3" farther away from the light

6 Likes

The Girls seemed to enjoy their first cycle of darkness.

I need to work on getting the night-time VPD correct, now. I stupidly over-estimated how cold it would get w/o the light, so I turned up the grow room heat to 74 from 2am-7am. When I went in to turn off the heat/check on them at 7:30am, the temps/rh were 81/55%. Not the end of the world, but dialing-in VPD is something I am trying to focus on for this grow. After 2 hours, temp/rh is 77/57%; still waiting for the humidity to build up to at least 63%.

2 Days of Growth:

Sorry if it looks like the girls were rearranged. They weren’t. :grinning: I did have to move a couple tags to different places, because they were keeping the girls from being able to properly stretch their leaves.

12 Likes