Back after long break knf chat for new grow

Good evening all!
Has been a long time since anything and i am eager to get back to it. Currently i am starting pretty much as a newbie going from once rdwc and strictly hydro,to last grow i dabbled in organic soil for my first ever indoor soil and was sucked in. I have made my ohn back in april/may when i last finished my grow and then i road tripped the entire summer so. I have some LAB to make currently sitting with no bokashi bran made as it was last used in vegetable garden during summer. On top my red wiggler tub went south and i got to restart my compost bin/ compost bin as i did that for my trim leaves and scrap from my organic grow and the worms loved it! I even re mulched back in my outside garden for mulch too dress. I planted comfrey this year in my garden and currently wondering at 36degrees is it worth chopping and making fpj out if it as i am currently out? I think i have a path i want to go but inputs and all suggestions are welcome. I have to get 5-7 gallon pots unless i do no till then i have 25g big boys but stressed on space currently till mother tent can get set back up. Currently will try my hand at gifted seeds or purchased but i will he implementing all organic/ no till knf methods regardless. Im excited but will be first true no hydro grow and first successful try at soil, as my last grow that had soil flowered and was decent but i neglected never repotted, and just was trial and error on bag seed plants. Missed you all and happy growing

6 Likes

Man haven seen you for 8 months! Welcome back! Sounds like you had a good summer. Where did you road trip too?

4 Likes

Has it been that long? Jesus we went to Tennessee, Arkansas, oklahoma, Texas and then back home entire 3-4 week trip but was great and needed and to have home grown bud entire trip was a perk. I will be making new lab today then em-1 so i can start my Bokashi bran next week as it takes a but to ferment 3 weeks if im not wrong. How was life been with you @PreyBird1

3 Likes

Welcome back and tell us more. That sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to seeing your grow.

3 Likes

Set to watching!

2 Likes

Going to try combine notes and things others have tried currently little man been sick so writing out a game plan has been on hold but hoping to get it dialed written and posted so yall can see the general guidelines im gonna follow. Want to stay away from store bought and strictly do organic and knf throughout. Think if anything ill just be glad to be back in the game my green thumbs are ready for a new way. As for comfrey i will chop today or timorrow and try to make some fpj as before i can get into it i need these ingredients l. First step today jasmine rice and a warm soak followed by some fermentation. LAB time boys pictures to follow when in process

3 Likes

Living all the way! Knf for the win!

3 Likes

Alright so my day went swell… Lab made and produced one Organic Basmati Jasmine Brown Rice and one Chinese brand white rice. Process for LAB is as follows and pictures to follow later. Will start journal through ferments and how I make them, followed by how I will do my grow when I get time to summarizing and throwing what I feel will be a good thing to follow. Lab process 1-1/2 cup rice ( any does the trick )more organic the better so I’ve heard. To 2-2-1/2 cups warm water or room temp. Stir it in a pot or mason jar, but a pot is easier and gives you a chance to stir rice to get rice water. Once stirred strain rice wash into mason jars carefully not to get rice into jars. Cover with 2 paper towels and secure with metal ring or rubberband. Label it date it time it and put in a dark room temp (68-70f) for roughly 3 days. When it smells sweet and sour or doughy it’s ready to be turkey basted out and into another jar, not to be disturbed as we don’t want the sediment. Once you have that we need to grab milk I use whole milk but raw or any milk will do. In a jar big enough for the milk and serum we need a 10:1 ratio 10-milk 1- serum. Pour the milk into new jar, I prefer room temp but cold milk is ok. Next if you say use 1000ml of milk as example you will need 100ml of serum for that. Add the serum to the milk and stir if you want. Again use 2 sheets of paper towels cover secure and put in a cool dark place. (Make sure jar is big enough to fit a spoon to scoop curd for next step.) check on this process daily but expect between 3-5 days for the process to take place. You are looking for 3 layers to appear and should not have any smell to it and if any a slight cheese smell. Any longer than 6 days or mold appears scratch and redo. After 3-5 days or when you got good separation and no smell but cheese you are looking to collect the yellow serum LAB that is what we are after. Remove the curd eat it feed to your dog or your compost. Add a solid lid if using jars or something to keep it secure from outside contamination. Good to store like this in fridge for up to a year but use discretion if you want to make em-1 you can add molasses and store it room temp on shelf for shorter life but easier use. Can touch on that more but I’m new to that most recently started that in garden and used to get sod to stabilize in yard this summer. Was a good tester and my god does it help with piss from dog and health in general. Hope you all found this helpful will add pics of jars I made and my OHN jars I had made prior to summer madness. Happy growing

5 Likes

6 Likes

tripped me out, upside down… but does not take away from how kool this is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know how to fix it lmao hope you all enjoy the trip :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

This weekend was a handful ordered amendments to start my living organic soil once I get everything I will post all amendments etc. currently on part 2 of labs as of 09:00 this morning. Took a little longer in my dark stairwell to basement but that’s fine fermentation is always a beautiful waiting game. I will try to cut some comfrey for FPJ but life seems to be throwing curve balls. Glad this grow isn’t a rush and I can plan and tweak in between home repairs, and holidays. I implemented knf and organic techniques in the vegetable garden this summer and was a very good success as hoping for the same indoors. After this labs and fpj I will make bokashi out of wheat bran and lab or em-1 will be exciting to get all these layers and amendments into this soil to cook. Talking about these green goddesses have me curious as to which strains I would like to do. Gold leaf, LAC, mango lush, northern lights and @PreyBird1 finest assortment along with a few random not sure what to try as my first true indoor organic/knf soil. Have had success with each in hydro with gold leaf , and mango kush being great harvests. It about the girls not about me, I’m sure as I get close hoping to pop Jan 1st. I’ll have a better choice by then so I can better pre plan Vpd and what they liked last time environment wise in my home journals, so other than soil vs hydro at least I’m already ahead nonetheless. Happy growing y’all and tonight brings some funky pine live budder will be a nice ko.

7 Likes

I got your back!

4 Likes

Good evening y’all. White rice LAB done and collected and double paper towel covered in fridge. Jasmine brown rice still going will check tomorrow but no separation as of yet. With the LAB collected I took 10lbs wheat bran 4tbs LAB and 4tbs molasses with 12 warm cups of water and mixed myself some bokashi. In 2 weeks I should have that done fermenting along with all amendments to make my soil so I can get it cooked and in some pots to get going. As for worms I will need to purchase and add as I find some as I seem to be lost in who has red wrigglers for sale that’s not out of stock. I think I am going to go root riot plugs right to 3g bags followed by 7g to end but also thinking of just skipping the 3g entirely? I also have 2 15g bags I will fill and cover crop and no till living soil but want to let them sit and just grow and becoming an ecosystem once I see a nice mat of fuzz in my humus ( if I’m saying it right) layer straw and etc of top I will then ether add clones at the time or start a new grow to counter the first. Again all ideas welcome and if what I am planning sounds like a good start for my knf/ organic grow please let me know I am a noob for this green thumb but eager to learn. Happy growing

4 Likes

Hello to all, brother was in from out of town but things moving along since we last chatted. Comfrey FPJ made and stored away till ready, soil and amendments should be here next week just in time to mix let sit and sanitize. Can’t rush quality and want to make this first organic, knf soil run a great one. To make my life easy and keep my compost tea off the ground I created a 5G vortex compost tea that injects air on both sides to crest a vortex. Cleaned sanitized and ready to go as I sit here I think I chose to do 1 15g pot and 3 7g no till living soil girls. Seed wise I think I’ll do a Gold leaf and LAC but I’m also missing my mango kush and knf would make it a lot more heavenly terpene wise so I’m still iffy on one or 2 different. I have time yet and will have time up until soil is done baking and cover crop n bokashi goes into each then I’ll have to decide by then. If my phone would be able to log on here I would add photos as I have been keeping track but this site says error contact site manager or whatever. Happy growing

6 Likes

It has been way to long and forever sorry. Updates we are out of the city and in the woods and it has been a blessing. Finally settled and was able to continue what is long over due. Foremost entire grow is no till living soil/ organic. Dropped a La Confidential and a White Cavier Runtz From our very own @PreyBird1.

LAC- 1 month old in veg 2-1/3 from seed started end of may early june but did not get start date. 30g living soil fabric pot

Whte Cav Runtz -3 weeks old in veg, 1-1/2-1-3/4 from seed and started early mid june. 7g living soil fabric pot

Will be doing ipm of 18-1 Castile Dr.Bonner neem oil and therm x70 compliments of growing organics regiment. Have trained the LAC as it was a tree and trying to not grow christmas trees on my porch as of now. As for White Cav Runtz is un trained and as of now no topping or trimmings. All natural and she looking gorgeous

Picture 1 LAC Picture 2 White Cav Runtz

9 Likes

Last night was the first night after weekly Ipm spray that the ladies spent there time from fully being outside to a night of inside. I have to grab a dehumidifier for the tent as it was above 60 and was floating at 62 overnight. Temps are low 50s at night outside and do not want to stress them more than needed to as I am not ready for flower as growing season was a bit late started for me. So what better way to start acclimating and to flipping a bit more controlled once 1-2 weeks of acclimation and where I want them they will then become full indoor plants.As for last nights Ipm Spray recipe was: 1tbs neem emulsified with 1/2 tbs silica and some aloe. then added to chapin 1g sprayer with 1bs Dr bonner 18-1 hemp pepperment and 4 drops of lavender organic essential oil. This time around seems as I ether sprayed to much or something as LAC has some spots from then till now. White Cav is loving as usual and will add pictures when I bring them in for the night as some training is needed as well. To top the White Cav or let her grow all natural? Hope she doesnt get to tall as im only in my 3x3x6 and a 30g, and a 7g are nice and snug already pot wise. Well hopeful for the future and learning my environment and the life all around us(Bugs). My veggie garden seems to be a battle with bugs ever inch of the season but worth the daily bounties ahead in the next month or so. Tick for tack glad to be in our new forever home but bugageddon is overrated and something will give.

Happy Growing

7 Likes

6 Likes

So last night was the first night showing fall is approaching as night temps were at 50. Taking awhile to warm up today so i will try my hand at the first day in the tent. Fair 77 and 44% humidity and have the viraspectra that fits the tent up high to not burn them right away. Guess my 1-2 weeks is getting bumped out with cold weather and hoping to good success. Any pointers please let me know!

Happy growing

5 Likes

Spent the better half of today putting out sticky traps to get all the flying bastards that hitchiked with us inside. Girls are doing good and will get a ipm insecticidal spray basic with some essential oils this week as per usual. Have some bug damage on leaves but is a given out where im at and that they were outside girls turned inside. As far as i can see leaves are clear of anything but still not playing it safe. Tonight they will get a little foliar feeding with some agsil16h solution, yucca, aloe, big 6, lab, 14 n amino and some fulvic acid. Continue the regiment and im going to keep the tent door open in the 3x3 to air out so it doesnt get to humid after the foliar as now im inside instead of outside. Popped a Lemon Og seed currently on my counter in a baggy. Any advice is welcome first time on out to in!

Happy growing

5 Likes