Been putting this off for a long time. Female pollen production

I’ve had everything needed to do this for a long time but I know I don’t need to go into how something always seems to come up. This time it’s the perfect storm. My wife is out of town so I am able to put up my grow tent on the patio as a separate pollen room far away from my flower and veg rooms. My candidate girl is a Durban Poison clone in about the 4th week of veg. I also have colloidal silver that I am going to try. Half the plant with colloidal and half with STS. First application was last night. Anybody have any tips about harvesting and storing pollen please respond because as usual I am groping through the darkness. I just put 4 DP cuttings in the cloner. One of them will be the seed bearer. Should be just in time for the dust to settle on Mexico’s new recreational law and I’ll be able to share with my cannabis club and our co-op. That is if I don’t screw it up. Any tips for harvesting and storage of pollen will be appreciated.

7 Likes

I’d use a fine paint brush for collecting then u want airtight containers then store in the freezer, but it has an extremely small viable window of time to use it

3 Likes

My tried and tested method was easy enough.

• Place a ziploc bag over the males pollen. Shake it lightly. Label, label, label.
  • Place the ziplocs you want to keep in the fridge for short term or freezer for a more long term solution.
  • as @mouse935 suggests use a paint bush to paint the pollen onto females you want to pollinate.

Stay safe and dont get busted by your wife playing with your harem of females.

5 Likes

From my understanding from @PreyBird1 is spray a couple hogher buds where when sacs open up lollen will fall onto other buds and pollinate itself for seeds. Bout to try this out on a plant and see how it works out. Keep me informed on your process llease

2 Likes

From what I have read the problem with that is if the plant pollenated itself due to hermi tendencies then the seeds will tend toward hermaphroditism. That’s why I am treating a plant that would not hermi no matter what I did to it and will be pollinating her sister. Under water, over water, -pH, +ph, and one I let go for so long the trichs were about the color of Ron MacDon’s hair and she still would not stress.

3 Likes

The only way that happens is if it turns hermi from light leaks stress ect. Spraying a few and it pollinating itself is not the sane effects towards the seeds it just tricks the female part of the bud to making male pollen but it is actually female pollen so u get female seeds. It is not the same process as if it went hermie on its own. U can also collect pollen and keep it to poinate other plants not just let it pollinate itself. @PreyBird1 will tell u it is not the same using spray and it hermie itself. Spray seeds will be fine as long as u run their entire course for viable seeds.

2 Likes

You would definitely want to protect the rest of the plants. I wouldn’t want the solution anywhere near anything I was going to eventually ingest.

3 Likes

Yes i am gonna make a cone to protect everything when i spray. Ive watched a ton of videos on it alread y just waiting on the rest of the supplies to arrive to get started

2 Likes

The strongest of these will be pollinated along with a Chocolope and a White Widow.

1 Like

This is the plant being treated. 2nd spray and flip to flower tomorrow.

3 Likes

Second spray and flip.

1 Like

Put these in the cloner Sunday afternoon.

3 Likes

Made a mistake. Thought I flipped to flower but forgot to reprogram the timer. Just started flower schedule. 3rd spray with STS. Should I keep feeding a full flower schedule?

2 Likes

I am not for sure. @PreyBird1 does this sorta thing thing.

And a bunch more. Lol.
@districtflora
@hoppiefrog

2 Likes

They look great though!

2 Likes

5 days spray befor flip. Iirc

Link: read it lol im kinda Rusty atm.

6 Likes

Great read @PreyBird1! He really outlined the process in clear simple steps.
:v:

3 Likes

Yeah its not hard to do. And you get seeds of the best weed.

5 Likes

@PreyBird1. Colloidal is same process right? If i do autos with them usually kicking in flower about a month in should i start to spray them say week 3 til i see balls and will a plant sprayed self pollinate itself and be able to get good viable seeds??

2 Likes

Never done an auto…or used collidial silver for that matter. I would imagine it would be the same. But i am unsure sorry.

3 Likes