Been putting this off for a long time. Female pollen production

Great link @PreyBird1 !! Bookmarked it, most excellent read.

Thanks

3 Likes

Yes, that is the outline I am following. My question is should I continue feeding her the nutrients. I’ve been using AN Sensi grow and bloom. Since I’ll only be using her for pollen can I get by with water and a little compost? Will it affect pollen viability? Bottom line is what do you feed a plant while it is being treated with STS?

1 Like

I try not to shock it so i kept feeding normal. That was not good. Dont use bloom booster. And go lighter on the nutrients. Like 1/2 strength. This is what i was going to try next run then i got hurt. So it stopped my testing.

3 Likes

I took your advice and gave her a half dose of nutes. Due to my timer screw up she is in her second week of 12/12. I was concerned that the silver nitrate might be too old but it hasn’t discolored so I’m assuming it’s OK. I just went and skimmed the info about your accident. If you ever go to Vegas and need a wing man give me a hollar cause you are one lucky MoFo. Glad to hear things are ahead of schedule in the healing department.

2 Likes

Thats nice of you to offer. Yeah i got Fucked up. But im coming back but slowly. Hurts like hell i tell you. Monday surgery should be my last for a while. I cant wait. Thanks for checking in. Let me know how it all works out.

5 Likes

@Mark0427 SHE’S GOT BALLS!! and has officially declared as non-binary. Hey @PreyBird1. Prognosis looks great for your hand. Please don’t crash anymore. I have read that when she starts growing the male naughty bits you should quit spraying. Any experience on how long to keep spraying? I am so excited. My wife bought me a pollen collection tray with a 150 micron screen that’s going to make my life a lot easier. For pollen storage I am going to toast flour, mix the pollen at 50:1, package in parchment paper bindles, and store in a sliver bullet thermos filled with rice that has been baked at 150f for 24 hours. Once everything is packaged it will go in the far bottom, back corner of my floor freezer. Should have pollen and fem seeds for a long time. My next project is to make a colloidal silver generator and try different ppm to see what concentrations are most effective. I will up pics when I start to harvest the pollen.

5 Likes

Some store with rice, colloidal silver is easy to make, small wall transformer, two PCs of silver can be .999 wire as Markie Mark found awhile back but imma use two silver quarters pre 1964 have more silver content, a small fish tank bubbler, and a quart jar. 3-5 hrs done.
:v:t2:
Personally I won’t be pollenating the same plant I spray… Collect pollen dry it out some maybe 3-5 days keep away from light so store in something that’s not clear.
I’ll be doing regular seeds I thinks the best way but some strains if you only have a mother plant you’ll have to spray a clone pollenate later another clone off mother plant. Preserving cool strains :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

2 Likes

I have local friends that are jewelry makers so silver is easy. I am going to use an old transformer like you. What ppm or tds do you shoot for? Should I quit spraying now that she’s starting to produce male flowers?

2 Likes

How long ya been spraying nodes?
Regarding ppm,the stuff you can buy is high I can’t remember @Mark0427 like 1000 but researching you don’t have to have that high
One guy tries to get his around 35 …

3 Likes

Some do once a day some do twice a day for like week and a half + or -
Spray nodes only

1 Like

U can buy high and dilute but i just got a big ass bottle of 70ppm was told to try it out it might work good if not itbwould just burn that bud and if it burns just dilute it with distilled water til its 40 to 50 ppm. From most what i read 50ppm is ideal for spraying weed plants im gonna try my 70 and see

3 Likes

The quarters might be worth more than buying tge 2 wires from amazon. U might mess up a goid silver quarter for some shit that wasnt that bad buying like 14 bucks a half gallon maybe a touch less than half gallon

3 Likes

Been spraying with the STS every 5 days. Sprayed a week before flipping and have sprayed 4 times., Due tomorrow. Spray or nay?

2 Likes

Man those quarters aren’t worth didley bruh. And it will mess it up lol

1 Like

Keep spraying until the male pods open but dont expose the pollen filled bananas. Or you may not get pollen filled pods.

4 Likes

Where did u get ur sts from

2 Likes

I made my own. @PreyBird1 posted the instructions that I am following in post #16.

It looks like a daunting task but was very simple once I had all my ducks in a row. Buy the chemicals on Amazon.

3 Likes

She be ballin’. About how long, more or less, till they open @PreyBird1?She’s been sprayed 5 times every 5 days starting 2 weeks before flipping so a little more than 3 weeks on 12/12. Just sprayed 2 nights ago before lights out.

2 Likes

Niceee. Well the pods now will open then the bananas will drop pollen. Example pic’s.
male-plant images (1)

3 Likes

You got at least a week. Watch the biggest pods. Once they open. its like 12hrs or less the pollen flows.

2 Likes