Been putting this off for a long time. Female pollen production

Are you collecting pollen? If so better make pollen catch envelopes and hang them soon.

3 Likes

I am planning on collecting and storing the pollen in parchment paper bindles mixed with browned flour @ 50:1 in a thermos with baked rice in the freezer. My wife bought me this for Christmas:

I want to pollenate a bunch of different strains for fem seeds. Having a tough time getting strains and grow materials in my itty bitty Mexican town. We don’t even have mail service. Right now all I have is DP, WW, and chocolope. A friend brought me a ILGM Big Bud that I am waiting until they legalize and grow her in a BIG outdoor planter that is full of good medium and 5 year old compost. Anybody coming this way to the Yucatan Peninsula stick a couple of seeds in your shirt pocket and I’ll meet you at the airport. LOL.

3 Likes

Yeah i remember that you lived in nowhere. Glad the seeds are working out. Im going to do some sts also. I have the stuff and was about to and then had motorcycle accident. So it stopped all my work.

2 Likes

I plan to cut the branches when they are close to fully mature and put them in brown paper lunch bags. Those will be enclosed in an airtight container with baked rice until dry. When ready I’ll dump the dried pods in the trim bin with the 150 micron screen. They offer a 250 micron screen for the trim bin. Any advantage to me getting one?

2 Likes

No a finer screen will just stop a tiny bit of plant material. From getting in the pollen. Moisture is more important to keep out of the pollen. Just make sure the pods are dry when collecting the pollen.

2 Likes

I decided since one of the reasons I started this project was to perpetuate my favorite strain that I might as well stick one of the young girls in the tent with Pollyanna the pollinator. I will still be attempting to harvest and store pollen but this way I’m bound to get some seeds and hopefully hundreds. I think the timing is going to be just about perfect for her to dump her pollen on the developing flowers. It looks like Pollyanna’s hugging the young lady in question. Going to zip up the tent and give then some privacy.

2 Likes

Close to spilling.

2 Likes

Do you continue to feed normally when they start producing seeds? Any micros to add to help with seed formulation? I put a White Widow in the tent also. The donar is starting to drop pollen at a goodly rate. The tent’s a little crowded with the 3 of them.

3 Likes

When seeding back off 50% nutrients. little bloom nutrients. No bloom boosters. When i used boosters it would easily burn the flowers. So just back em off a little is what i like to do.

2 Likes

Nice male flower pods. Soon im doing mine. Wish you guys got mail there.

2 Likes

I actually saw a Correos de México truck here about a year ago. Pretty sure it was unauthorized use by an employee. Ebay has just started a service where you buy in the States and they send it to Estafeta U.S. who then forwards it to Estafeta Mexico for delivery. I have done it twice and received my products. I ordered some nutes a while back and received a notice from the seller that the FedEx truck was robbed. Is what it is.

1 Like

Id send you some seeds.

4 Likes

I’m salivating. Thanks for the offer. Hard getting strains here. Hopefully once they legalize that will loosen up some. They just published the medical rules signed into law by AMLO. Next legislative session begins Feb. 1st and runs through April 31. If I was a betting man I would go with recreational by the end of this session.

4 Likes

The DP I put in the tent with Polly is showing seeds. The WW I put in about a week later is not. This is what I have settled on for collection.

3 Likes

Intetesting. One made no seeds?

3 Likes

Just shows you it doesnt always work out. Lame.

2 Likes

No, I put the WW in the tent later so it should show seed formation soon. The pistils are turning orange which I have read is a sign she has been pollinated.

2 Likes

Oh i see now. How did your seeds look. Take a couple and crack em open and examine the insides. See how well they are developed?

2 Likes

I can’t bring myself to do that yet. This has been a long road and these are my very first seeds. Couple of years down the road I’ll be like you, “Let me just rip this branch off and see if the seeds are maturing correctly.” Remember your first topping? How bout your first super crop? I don’t know about you but they both gave me a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach the first time. Once I see a few more developing I’ll finally get brave enough and pop a couple open. Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I’m not raising a bunch of empty husks.

3 Likes

Lol youll get past the feelings and do it sometime. But your seeding project is awesome. Im going to do seeds after i harvest these plants. Im sick of picking out seeds…

i got shit tons of seeds now. But there regs.

3 Likes