Best grow lights

Hi. Has anyone tried the new Gavita Pro 1700 led? Doesn’t have many reviews yet. And was looking for Opinions.

1 Like

Wow that thing is expensive. Im using some niemiled.com.com led quantum boards. 1 regular 3000k and 1 far red

1 Like

Hi. I’m running 8 Mars Sp 250 and wanted to try Gavita so I ordered one. Yes expensive but might be better quality. Don’t get me wrong I love my Mars 250. So I’ll let you know how my grow goes.

What are the top qualities you need in a light? I chose one that doesn’t need to be moved when a room is pressure washed and has a lens that can be wiped clean between grows. Some people want maximum efficiency. Some want to best PAR for their dollar to cover X amount of space in a tent.

2 Likes

All of the above lol

1 Like

No light is going to have it all. I don’t have experience with the gavita 1700, but someone here might. There are some good reviews on YouTube now. Hope you find what you’re after!

2 Likes

Way to overpriced for what it is. I would look around some more. Look at some different strips like photo boost strips, Samsung f series, Bridgelux, Cutter.

Or if your wanting quantum boards look into Horticulture lighting group

2 Likes

Just the Gavita 1650e , great light

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I know no one light has everything we need. But one can hope lol. Led lights have greatly improved so that’s why I was asking.

1 Like

The right light really depends on your application and needs. Where I live, the most popular type of vehicle for someone to drive is a truck - but 90% of truck owners would be better suited using a commuter car.
Someone running a simple soil grow in a 4x4 tent is going to have very different needs from someone overseeing multiple 1000ft² rooms.
You said you’ve got 8 Mars sp250s, so I’m going to guess you’ve probably got about an 8x8 space?

3 Likes

Hi. The rooms a little bigger. I do have other lights running as well. And another room with cmh going. I heard good things about Gavita and was seeing who might be growing with them. But I will check into the sites that people listed.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi. How long have you been growing with the Gavita? I’ve heard people really love them or hate them.

1 Like

Those gavitas are top of the line but way overpriced.

2 Likes

Depends what you want. Some people need a light that’s got a company and customer support that will be around and handle problems, no questions asked. DIY quantum boards are great, but not at scale.

4 Likes

Almost 6 months now so far no complaints here it’s a huge fixture other then that solid .better than all the LEDs I’ve had and seen in the past ,perfect light for a 5 x 5 or a 4 x 4’ footprint I have mines connected to a gavita el1 master controller shits sick I been waiting for this light to come out for a while ,as far as people not liking them All I hear is people complaining about Monsanto and Hawthorne and how they are the devil trust I get All that or it’s the price (Don’t skimp out on your light whatever company or home made fixture it may be you’ll pay in yields later ) you gotta pay the cost to be the boss , or they want to be MacGyver and that’s cool Also not for everyone …
But I have not heard one complaint from somebody that owns one yet as far as quality!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. I preordered 2 and can’t wait for Friday :smiley:. I’m looking forward to growing with a Gavita. Yes you get a lot of flak about the price and blah blah works just as good. I’ll let you know how my grow goes. Thank You for your opinion.

2 Likes

Very nice Make sure you get the Gavita master EL1 generation 2 controller so you can control dimming during veg if you have any questions feel free to hit me up

1 Like

Hi. Getting the controllers next weekend. And yes I will have questions for you.

I dont really care about Monsanto or any big wig companies. The price definitely blows for what you get with this Gavita. And nobody has to be a tech master to plug in a couple wires on a DIY build. That Gavita light falls extremely short for flowering anything bigger then a 4x4. So usually it’s around a dollar per watt to make a light. But this Gavita is 1400.00 dollars and it’s only 645 watts!! That to me is insane…and not to mention they dont even give you exact specs on the diodes they use. Let’s also not forget Gavita was one of the company’s talking about how shitty LED’s were when they came out and that they would never replace the HPS lights…yet here they are…selling the same lights as everyone else.

1 Like

I bought an extrasun 1000watt HPS for under $200 it made nice sugary nugs. Now im using a led quantum board and well see what it produces.

1 Like