Best lights of today

Hi All ,
Thinking of renovate all lights system ,
Honestly I’m old fashioned and I run multiples HPS and MH from 600w to 1000 …
Since at the end of all discussion I understood old HPS are still the best compromise between power and initial cost and furthers problem.
There’s anyone that feels I’m wrong ?
IN United States I see u use a lot of led ,
So my question is :
Looking for save some electricity,have a big output and lumens and still have big powerful colas, what is the best ?
( without spending 1500$ each lamp )
Thanks thanks
Hard question I would say …

4 Likes

@Slym3r can tell you about alibabba ? i use hlg 650r because i jumped without research

1 Like

Talking about this ?
U get the point , I was thinking of these .
But, are really comparable to a 1000hps ?
I spent years ago good money on ufo led …
I can’t even re-sell cause nobody want them , and work like shit ! I mean my 1000w HPS break the ass , so , I’m looking for similar result and all the convenience of a led ,
If someone want to spend few words I’ll be thankful !

3 Likes

And adding ,
Prices are sooooo much different ,
Between led and led …

In conclusion :
Do U think led wins against old school HPS ?

3 Likes

https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/which-cob-lights-are-the-best-what-are-you-all-using/24126/23
Here read this link.

These links reffer to quantum-boards builds and my light build. There easy to build and save money.

Led grown.

Led grown.
I tested a 1000 wat hps against my light build and it grew the same and or better weed.

4 Likes

Watch bruce bughbee you tube on lights
I will say from research that the halides are horrible and in efficient. Halides are 30% blue well blue will make your plants smaller. I run sodium’s in flower. Price wise Leds cost are a lot more electric wise leds are more efficient although compare running sodium’s on 240 volts vs that Diablo listed above. Actually the sodium draws less at 240 volts…:v:t2:

2 Likes

I Watch his stuff a lott.

2 Likes

He actually heads up the utah state university cannabis research dept. I wish i could go to school there and get an honorary horticulture degree lol.

2 Likes

Yes he’s a smart dude I’ve watch all his videos and the university has grants from nasa and the usda for researching :ok_hand:

1 Like

I have all the ingredients to try there most supreme grow test media. 1/2 peat 1/2 course vermiculite dolomite lime, gypsum. It is supposed to make 5.8 ph

2 Likes

Try there? Whois is “there” prey?

2 Likes

Utah state university cannabis research. We actually are one of the only universities that have permits to study cannabis and hemp.

2 Likes

That is true my brotha

2 Likes

I like to mainly know what im talking about. I take lots of pictures in case. Then i can prove what im talking about.

3 Likes

Okay bruh :joy:

2 Likes

Hey pics or it didn’t happen!

3 Likes

Yeah in court lol…

2 Likes

Thanks ,
I watched all the video of prof.Bugbee ,
Maybe I understood wrongly from him , but after all his measuration looks like he prefer HPS ,also because the lights spread everywhere in a more consistent way…

2 Likes

I have 3 different watt ballasts. For hps and mh.

2 Likes

I have T5, hps, mh and leds

2 Likes