Beths First Grow Journal

Im never set on one media. I thought i would play with some promix as well. Im kinda crazy so i strapped this to my bike and it was like a back rest. Easy trip home on the freeway.

15 Likes

I am going to use the promix on my grape ape and use the happy frog on my autos for this first run. We will see how it goes.

How do you get the HP soil ready if it is not precharged?

6 Likes

@beths. Basically itā€™s just wet it when you plant and water only till the cotyledons start to yellow.
Bout a couple weeks or so. After that you can start adding a light mix of your nutes.
A bit of michorrizae sprinkled in to the hole when transplanting ,even tho there is some already in the mix , will help root development too. :+1::v:

7 Likes

The big bud is an advanced nutrient product by the look of the list itā€™s in.big bud is a great strain to breed with for sure, great to bring yeilds up. Many strains have done just that to increase yeilds:) been so many yrs since Iā€™ve seen a straight big bud strain now

8 Likes

Best to wait a week for the charge to get used up itā€™s not much tho

6 Likes

Not pre charged but has natural charge ,very little tho

6 Likes

Yup thatā€™s right 100%

6 Likes

So for the new seeds, once they pop and I plant, I dome them with some holes on top and how much do I water at first?

Do I plant the tap root in wet or dry soil?

6 Likes

For me : at first I check them twice daily. I use a spray bottle to keep the soil moist, not wetā€¦ and I spray the domeā€™s interior. And, I plant in dry soil and spray some water as soon as Iā€™m finished planting them! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

And for how long do you do that? Until you introduce nutes? From what I have read (which is a shit ton) looks to be around 2 weeks or so? And how much do you water with the nutes? Just until the pot leaks? Every other day plain water and every other day with nutes? Last question for now, when do you introduce specialty nutes aside from the base nutes (I.e. big bud and bud candy etc.)

5 Likes

I keep the soil moist for roughly the first two weeks, the older they get, I check more oftenā€¦ I donā€™t introduce nutrients until I first transplant.
For the nutrients schedule, Advanced Nutrients has a great ressource for thatā€¦ sorry, Iā€™m kind of busy for nowā€¦ but Iā€™ll come back later! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Each of your soils are different but like @oldguy said the cotyladons will have enough energy to get to the 2nd or 3rd set of true leaves from what Iā€™ve seen without food when you do actually start feedingā€¦ Only thing I use in early seedlings stage is root booster but has the root system grows the more food you can give themā€¦ Donā€™t kill the babies with to much food in the beginningā€¦ As far as watering be very frugalā€¦ little bit at a time but you also need to keep in mind that tap root BELOW the soil needs to be moist as well not just the top of soilā€¦ A couple shots in a solo cup should be ok thatā€™s how I do it at least

3 Likes

For recipes :

https://www.advancednutrients.com/nutrient-calculator/

3 Likes

Thank you so much. This site has inspired me. You guys rock!

7 Likes

Getting my workstation set up :slight_smile:

15 Likes

If you have room, it would be better to keep your nutrients in a cupboard or in a darker placeā€¦ ā€˜ā€™from the manufacturerā€™ā€™. They say to keep them in a cool dark placeā€¦ :nerd_face:

But, nice preparation! You are way more ready than I ever have been :nerd_face:
You will work wonders Iā€™m sure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Good advice. Moving them immediately. Thanks so much.

6 Likes

Donā€™t use the air freshener or lotion on the plants :rofl:ā€¦ Totally joking @bethsā€¦ You are ready :100:ā€¦ You can read and read and read but no other way to learn but hands on donā€™t be afraid to make mistakes every grower does :call_me_hand::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

7 Likes

Nice prep work @beths and looking good. Also great advice @kapouic about the nutrients! Good eye!

6 Likes

Thanks @missiles! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes