Checking on the clones this morning, one of the three laggards has kicked out a single root, and the other two look exceptionally close to doing the same.
Yesterday I completed filling the ebb and flow reservoir. I put around 35 gallons of solution in there and set the PPM at 950 with a PH of 5.88. I will likely adjust that a little bit and lower the PPM down to closer to 800 before I get the clones in the tray.
Since this is my first time using Jacks nutrients in hydro and in flower, I feel like I need to be a little bit more cautious than usual.
And yes, @dbrn32, this means I am going to proceed on this grow with Jacks and not use the GH crutch I have on the shelf.
One more thing to note. All of the clones are from a mom that had started going to flower (under 16/8 light…), so I think getting them “restarted” is taking just a tad big longer than usual - they are definitely looking like monster clones.
Initial nutrient mix for the flower run (per gallon):
3 teaspoons Jacks Part A (~21g)
2 teaspoons Jacks Part B (~14g)
1 teaspoon Espom Salts (~7g)
That mixed into a five gallon bucket holding around four gallons of water gives me a PPM in the low 900s with my tap water.
I should also note that once I started seeing roots in the cloner I added Hygrozyme to the cloner, as well.