Bogleg's "Dejah" SOG Grow (Ebb and Flow, Jacks 3-2-1, COB, 4x4)

You mean like a portable ac with two output ducts? Where does the makeup air come from and warm air discharge go? Don’t wanna see you run into issue like @tdubwilly.

7 Likes

Just having it in the basement will help…

When that room is built it will help even more…

That’s probably all kinds of ways to rig it up to that tent right now too but your limited on a couple of things. First the ducting that comes with it is only about 6 foot long. Second I don’t think you will have to but you might have to build an intake canister like I did on mine, although I highly doubt you will need too.

6 Likes

I am thinking about a portable AC unit that has ducting for the cold air supply. Something like the Tripp Lite variety that you see used for cooling server rooms/racks, etc.

https://www.tripplite.com/smartrack-12000-btu-120v-portable-air-conditioning-unit-small-server-rooms-network-closets~SRCOOL12K

6 Likes

Here are some pics of my outdoor plants. I haven’t done anything with these plants - except for the first one. That one I have sprayed twice now with a Southern Ag fungicide, and I have done some LST on it. These are all Dejah varieties. The first one is D2… not sure on the other ones.

Here you can see the branch that had developed some rot on it:

Sorry that is a blurry pic. But the grey, yucky color went away and now it all looks like a dead, brown color. But the branch is still alive and growing new leaves at the terminal end.

Here are the three I “randomly” placed on the hill behind my house. They haven’t had anything done to them.

A couple of interesting things to note.

On the D2 plant, I originally snapped a branch when I was trying to LST the branches out from the center:

I never repaired it - I was planning on removing it but didn’t have any snippers with me at the time, so I let it go… well it’s still alive:

And clearly getting munched on. :smiley:

In addition to that, back in early March I had tossed my first set of moms down the hill behind my house where I had disposed of the Christmas tree… the other day I was peering down there and noticed some green cannabis leaves… so apparently at least one plant I literally just threw in the woods is still growing and survived March/April weather.

13 Likes

As you can see I am very much in “screwing around mode” right now.

7 Likes

Looks like grasshoppers had their dinner.

7 Likes

They look good for little to no attention.

5 Likes

I have Japanese beetle issues right now. Found them all over one of the plants today. Guess I’ll break out a pesticide soon.

6 Likes

Growing update: As a result of the abysmal root development on at least half the plants in the flower tent, I decided to stop cycling the water pump on and off and am, instead, running it continously in RDWC fashion while the lights are on. I have done this for the past two light cycles, and am already noticing some improvements in the more deficient looking plants.

I can’t wait to get this damn grow over so I can get back up and running with a better start.

And this evening I think I will spray the outdoor plants with so me Jack’s Dead Bug.

I think at this point I feel pretty confident with the Jacks 3-2-1 formula for veg. My mother plant is growing like gangbusters on a full strength “Greengene” Jacks formula. I don’t think I’ve come anywhere close to figuring it out in my ebb and flow system.

Anyway, I’ve decided I am going to attempt flowering out the mom in the veg tent. I will move my HLG-100 from the breeding tent into the veg tent, put a SCROG over her, and try for a 3-4’ square screen. With the HLG-100 in the veg tent, I’d have 95W at 3k and 240w at 4k. The reason I really want to do this is so I can run a plant fully through flower in DWC, a system I am very comfortable/confident in, and see if I can figure out some nuances with this nutrient strategy to apply to the ebb and flow table down the road.

So, tomorrow or Sunday I am going to replace the 5 gallon bucket under the mom in the veg tent with a 17ga tote. She’s almost big enough to flip already, but I will probably give her a week or two to settle in over the new reservoir and then flip her.

10 Likes

Good thinking

To right! Heading back to DWC!

Wanted to let you know the last time I used co² was in flower of the last grow. I didn’t see much growth using it in flower however I got the new bottle setup for veg and am noticing exaggerated growth similar to that of DWC but in soil at 80°F and 800ppm of co²

6 Likes

Did you look at your calendar to make sure you clear your deer hunt?

6 Likes

He did, he’s coming by with d2 on his way lol

5 Likes

Good reminding me not to smoke it all first. Heh.

5 Likes

Okay, so the mom is drinking her entire five gallon bucket every other day… kind of wish I had something bigger than a 17ga to put her on. Maybe I’ll head to Wallyworld tomorrow and pick up a 27ga tote.

In any case, she’s grown a lot this past week and is in full stride:

In the flower tent… well, it is what it is, as they say.

I think I can nurse these across the finish line and at least get some good flower out of it. More importantly I’m learning a little more each day about this ebb and flow stuff and about the nutrient line I am using.

12 Likes

Beautiful looking Auto’s brah. Nice job Farmer.

6 Likes

Unfortunately they aren’t autos. :smiley: Clones I put under 12/12 a little too soon.

7 Likes

Awe. Lookie lookie- they shank. Sry Brah. Maughahahahaha

4 Likes

Yeah they were monster clones… not intentionally. I didn’t take into account they needed more time to reveg so they would stretch… so… no stretch. Heh.

7 Likes

More and more I see monster cropped plants, I don’t even really like looking ar them. Maybe it took seeing these little guys to realize, but you can’t even really tell what’s there. Don’t worry about the d2 either, I’ll be plenty stoked just to shake your hand.

8 Likes

I put the mother plant over a 30 gallon tote today and added the HLG-100 to the tent. I’m going to give her another week or two at least before I flip her. I need to light proof that tent - I’ve never used it for anything other than veg. That means I’ll need to hook up an intake fan since I have been using passive air intake for that tent.

For the flower tent, I reconfigured my exhaust fan and duct work so it is now exhausting out of the basement window and not into the basement itself. This is my “summer” configuration… I was a little late in making the switch.

I have a spot air conditioner on the way - it will get here Tuesday. I will be out of town Monday through Thursday this week traveling for work, so I will get the AC unit set up next weekend and we’ll see if it’s a viable option for cooling a 4x4 flower tent (or two).

7 Likes