Boveda 2 week Challenge

So a little while back Boveda had put out a challenge. They would send you 2 C-vaults, 1 4 gram 62% curing pack, 2 grinders, a pack of king size rolling papers, 5 pack of pre rolled all natural leafs, boveda box lighter, a sticker and instructions on the challenge. So the instructions tell you to start with fresh flower. Since I put my fresh harvest in jars 2 days ago I figured this couldn’t have come at a better time.
What you do is put an 1/8 of fresh flower in each c vault and put the supplied boveda pack into the lid of one jar. You seal both jars and put them away for 2 weeks but don’t open them! So that is where I am at now. I will come back in exactly 2 weeks and make my judgement.
My first take on them is the curing packs are square and putting them in a lid nearly the same size makes it so you have to fold the edges of the curing packs. Now I’m a mechanically inclined individual and it was a little bit of a challenge for me to get the pack just right so it wouldn’t be interfearing with the gasket on the lid. I’d make them a different shape. Maybe a octagon or circle even.

6 Likes

How long did you dry before adding humidity packs?

1 Like

8 days once the stems had a slight crack when bent then the lids where off for another 24hrs after final trim and then lids on since.

2 Likes

62% is a lot in my eyes bro… Just saying… Keep an eye on them… Mold grows after harvest too… I may be wrong but keep an eye :seedling::herb::palm_tree::facepunch:

3 Likes

Oh yeah I would agree with you 100%. Their claim is it’s specifically for cannabis. I’ve seen them in rec shops but only when you get some in a jar. I haven’t seen them in any zip lock style bags.

4 Likes

I would never put my buds in a Ziploc bag unless it was shake… But I get the appeal for not freshly cut buds :+1:

2 Likes

I tossed my bud in there a few weeks ago when it came, might have been a month ago lol, totally forgot about it too

I’ll wait a few more weeks and check

Packee

5 Likes

The rollies weren’t too bad either lol

5 Likes

Yup, they had a nice, slow burn.

4 Likes

I did it and had no mold at all! I had read a lot about how Boveda help to keep the taste and flavour of cannabis. This little experiment convinced me. :nerd_face: Now I understand!

5 Likes

I’m sure they work like a charm but I’m just curious what’s the best timing after harvest to implement them

4 Likes

@scotty17 I went from bud drying rack to mason jars and boveda 62%. Never had any issues…

Then burp every so often…more at first, less as time passes

Packee

5 Likes

Definitely get it :facepunch::+1::seedling::herb::palm_tree:… Never used a humidity pack before I’m definitely curious… I love burping my jars lol

4 Likes

Helps keep them fresh and at the right RH for pressing… so when I’m out of rosin, it’s easy fix

Packee

5 Likes

Nice…I’m always a flower smoker… The right vape is cool but I’ve always enjoyed a good flower being squished … Amazing how it’s done a true science :wink::sunglasses:

2 Likes

How can I get in on this challenge?

2 Likes

@scotty17 you put it in right when you start curing. They are what’s supposed to be like adding an orange peel if you over dried. They raise or lower the rh all in one pack. They say they last 30-60 days so they do dry up.

1 Like

@xgx13xgx go to challenge.bovedainc.com. That’s what the sticker in my pic says. I think I got an email from them

1 Like

@xgx13xgx never mind! Looks like that was a dead end. Google?

62% is perfect if you rehydrate to that %…especially for pressing… but again it is all personal preference…

1 Like