Boveda pac

If I’m going to vacuum seal some flower should I still put a boveda pack in with it

6 Likes

Interesting question @ward. I guess it should help, however common sense would say to me it would not work as efficiently due to the lack of air in the sealed plastic.

2 Likes

Right and was also worried it might tear the boveda pack open??

2 Likes

They are strong, I dont think a vaccum sealer would break the bag. It might be worth trying one and seeing how adding a Boveda pack could help. It might be revolutionary!!!

1 Like

Ok I will and I’ll let ya know down the road how it did when I open it back up thanks again for all your help

1 Like

Just a question: Do you plan on putting it in a freezer after you vacuum seal it?

1 Like

Yes that’s what I was going to do, is that not a good idea?

1 Like

I put a humidity pack in everything I vac seal. No issues with rips. I pull a partial vacuum before I seal it, not enough vacuum to fully crush all the buds, but enough to get most of the air out.

3 Likes

I’m not sure. I was just thinking it wouldn’t work as intended. Be really interested if it does!

1 Like

My take that it would work, no matter how much you vacuum pack there is still air remaining. The Boveda pack is a concept that regulates the humidity of remaining air and matter in the bag. I would think that it would be more efficient as the Boveda concept works on a volume principal I would place it in the middle of the bud in the middle of the vacuum bag.

3 Likes

Ok thanks alot I’m sure going to do it that way then

1 Like

Here is a thread about frozen Boveda from a cigar forum.

2 Likes

Alright that’s what I’m going to do then thanks for your help again

2 Likes

Well that clears it up don’t it hey thanks alot!!

2 Likes

Well from my take on that cigar forum, and the answer is that it will still work when thawed, but they really didn’t address if it actually does anything while frozen. And well quite frankly, if you have zero moisture loss through your vacuum bag in the freezer it should stay the same anyway moisture wise. I know that the thin polyethylene zip locks loose a lot of moisture through the process of freeze drying in a freezer. I would imagine that vacuum bags are far better at that, but how much better I have no idea. PS you didn’t mention at first that you were going to freeze it lol.

3 Likes

My thought the Boveda would freeze and wouldn’t work until it thawed. After reading the thread I think that’s what would happen.

2 Likes

Yeah mine too. But I also noticed on that cigar forum that the Boveda is just water and salt. Don’t know if that is right or not. But I imagine that it is also a high tech membrane as well. But moisture doesn’t move through membranes like that while frozen I don’t think.

3 Likes

I was thinking it was basically a Gel Solution. When I have one go bad I’ll find out. Salt water shouldn’t freeze though.

1 Like

Wasn’t 100 percent sure that I was going to but I had already thought about it was kind of waiting to see what everyone said about it before I decided for sure

2 Likes

Your buds will brick solid if you vac.

2 Likes