BOW4BUCK'S 2nd indoor grow

Do you always top your autos? And I’ve heard that autos should go in the final container from the beginning. Newb, haven’t grown yet so I’m all questions right now lol

4 Likes

@cdogg Actuall, yes i have topped just about every auto I’ve grown but that is changing. I believe topping increases yeild hands down. Problem I’ve seen personally is, autos are inconsistent. One might love topping and two will just stunt and do very little after.
My autos from here on out will be LST only. I will have 10 or so ill be working with in a week or two, stick around and ill document it all here.
Maybe its just me, I’m a farmer so in my work I pot up 1000’s of plants every year. Unless you make a mistake and drop it or do something dumb like we ALL do on occasion, I’ve never seen potting up a plant hurt it EVER. The idea for me is this, I often have photo and autos starting at the same time in the veg tent. I can fit alot more solo cups in there then full size pots. When they are ready to move to a grow room or other tent they get potted up then.
As a new grower, I’d recommend using solo cups because it is way way easier to gage the amount of water they need. Much harder to know how much water a 2" plant needs in 7 gallon pot. This of course is all just my humble opinion. Ask 5 different growers you are likely to get 5 different answers.:grin::v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Let’s see if this works. Me and this guy could be best friends!

3 Likes

Awesome! I will be growing these outdoor in FL. Tent set up will be coming in a few weeks. I would imagine they’re going to need a ton of waterings in the solo with it being so hot. How long do you let them ride in a solo before repotting?

2 Likes

Was always told the general rule of thumb, once they get a few nodes or when the leaves start getting outside of the rim of the cup.

2 weeks old August 2nd

Potted up August 5th

August 17th

Today

The 4 granddaddy purple potted up again and put in another tent. They will be hit with pollen to make seeds. The others will stay in veg until I finish redoing the grow room. The last pic with cups are the next round of autos. Soon needing something done with them.

10 Likes

Was always told monster crop clones can grow ridiculous. One of 3 didn’t make it but the 2 left are taking off now.

9 Likes

Man Bow…you are a Master farmer…
Between these ladies and all of your vegetables you are one seriously busy man!

3 Likes

Like a duck, looks good on the surface but paddling like hell below to stay afloat.

10 Likes

Ha ! Thats funny

I always heard that a duck don’t give a fuck
If it rains I’ll swim
If it don’t I’ll walk

6 Likes

Never heard that one. Have heard its not bad to be like a duck, that shit just rolls.off their back😁

5 Likes

They sure can seal a stock tank cant they !
I have seen a tank that leaked out for 20 plus years.
They put 5 or 6 ducks on it… never leaked again

2 Likes

Looking good! Thanks for the tips!

3 Likes

I always said, Call me Donald Duck, because I’m, flat footed and don’t give a fuck :v:t4:

6 Likes

Just thought I’d pass this along if anyone is interested. Ordered 2 of these yesterday, for a limited time $240 off each.
Limited-time deal: SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 LED Grow Light 5’x5’ Coverage Compatible with Samsung LM301B Diodes Dimmable Commercial Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR 1212pcs LEDs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXFR69M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_8SFDHEY3SX2HFRANFGQ9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

So what’s the benefit of that one vs just getting 4 of these for 200 total?

Since we’re having light debates lately… Lol
Curious of others input

2 Likes

This looks close to the same setup in a different manufacturer (one I’ve had excellent experience with) for about 200 bucks less…

1 Like

Take a look at the ppfd charts. Way better even light coverage in a larger area for me is why. Id guess in a 2x2 that would be ok, in fact I have similar lights but only use them for veg. Personally been wanting to check out spider farmer for a bit and the sale is pretty good.

4 Likes

Well the second link of the 4k watt one would be the best comparison, if u look at the technical they both claim 5x5 ft, BUT spider farmer boasts it in listing as their veg canopy size, bloomspect claims 4x4 but that’s their flower canopy size and shows 5x5 for veg as well so footprint appears the same

1 Like

Found the difference, spider has 1212 leds, bloomspect has 872, guess my next question is how are they both rated 4k lights with the same footprint with a 350 led difference

1 Like

Unless I’m wrong look at it again. The spider farmer will flower 5x5 the other only 4x4 which is fine but the spider farmer still blows the others away with 2479 umol. Thats going to be way better light coverage and what im looking for.

2 Likes