BOW4BUCK'S 2nd indoor grow

Ya ur right, didn’t look close enough spider is 6x6 for veg, now I’m curious about what the compatible in viparspectra is gonna be…

2 Likes

Another hypethetical, since bloomspect is almost half the price, why not two of em instead of a single spider farmer? Wouldn’t that achieve a shit ton more light for about 50 bucks more? Lol

2 Likes

Don’t know the numbers off hand but looked at viparspectra a few times.

2 Likes

Possibly, but in my old farm house I have to also be mindful of how many amps I’m pulling. Plugging in more appliances will get me into having to do electrical work.

5 Likes

I just looked at the xs4000 claiming same footprint as the bloomspect with 30 more watts than the spider farmer and just over 1000 leds in the middle of both. Another brand I’ve had good luck with is bloom plus And looking up there comparible one I’m seeing better specs than spider farmer

2 Likes

Oh for sure, I’m in the same boat with my greenhouse, I ran 3 15amp lines back there and have to be very mindful of what I plug in, winter time I’ll use my HPS and MH to double as heat but can only plug one each to each outlet and that’s it, I don’t like pushing my circuits more than about 2/3 and that’s right at the limit for each of my 1k bulbs

2 Likes

Yeah man all I can say is careful what ya buy. The head li e on that page says and I quote.
" Bloom Plus BP 4000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Indoor Plants Grow Samsung Diodes"

I promise one thing, that ain’t no 4000watts so what other info on there is incorrect? Many manufacturers are known to tell notorious lies about lights. :grin:

Still looking at the light coverage between the 2

3 Likes

Well they calculate it all different it seems and some exaggerate too, the viparspectra xs4000, the spider farm sf-4000, bloom plus bp4000 and bloomspect ss-4000 should all be comparible 4k watt units, but when u look at led count being 872, 1072, 1212, and 1272(most being bloom plus) and 400-480 watts between em it makes u wonder what the actual standard is that they are going by to make the wattage claims. I think with all 4 lights ur gonna be pretty close to amount of intensity but obviously some are a lil more powerful than the others, but if they are all making same claim then shouldn’t they be the same umol? I’ve never had 2 1k watt HPS bulb that one put out more than the other

2 Likes

I think there is a guy on ebay, gotta find his acct, but he buys lights to test actual specs of em. I’d be curious to see if he ran any of these and the actual results, there was a good video someone posted showing how these manufacturers stretch the truth or exaggerate actual outputs and not really sure how more leds would provide less light and where I’m kinda hung up on those charts 1212 vs 1272 of the same type of Samsung leds and same driver should be a no brainer that the more led unit would out perform, but not according to those charts…

1 Like

WOW for a guy like preybird that can build his own, he’s probably going to get the best bang for his buck…for newbies or those who don’t want to go THAT far down the rabbit hole, I suggest a quick ‘Cannabis LED Light Comparison’ search will give you multiple independent reviews…

5 Likes

So I did some digging, found the ACTUAL outputs for spider farmer from an independent tester

2 Likes

Are Cheap Amazon LEDs Any Good?(E21) Bloom Plus BP-4000 Unboxing, PAR, Spectrum, Wattage & Heat Test - YouTube found a pretty honest measurement of the bloom plus and as expected theirs is stretched too, he got 1044 for center reading at 18" vs the 1362 they claimed, after reading reviews and comparing em what I’m concluding is this bloomplus would be good for a 3x3 and that’s it, the spider farmer realistically is a 4x4 of coverage and people mention if they could do it over again they would just get 2 of the sf 2000 instead, less total at the wall wattage and spreads the coverage better for the space

3 Likes

One thing to remember guys, the testing varies also. If you’re going to be testing inside a tent or a room that is 4 x 4 or 5 x 5 you are going to get more reflective light so your numbers are going to be higher throughout. If you’re in the middle of a dark warehouse you’re not going to have any reflective light. So your perimeter numbers are going to be way lower in the numbers in the center are going to be slightly lower.
Fact… when I walk in my grow room my plants on the right side have three reflected walls. The left is open on two sides so it only has two reflective walls. With the same plants on both sides I get bigger plants on the right side. I am also using 2 three year old HLG 600 H lights.

3 Likes

Well then wouldn’t that suggest it’s better to have say 4 of the 1k watt versions vs 1 of the 4k watt to achieve a better equal canopy? Thing I keep seeing in the reviews is after so much distance the light rating just kinda falls right off and feel like spreading to 4 corners would even things out, only drawback would maybe be not being able to put as intense light on a single plant in the center?

1 Like

All I know as if I like something and I feel good about it specs and such it doesn’t really matter what anybody else thinks. I’m going to buy the best most expensive one that I can justify to myself. It also has to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside after I hit that pay button.:joy: it’s been my experience that most of the time when I buy the budget shit that’s usually just what it is. It’s kind of like going to Harbor freight tools and buying a grinder. It’ll be good for a couple of months then it’s disposable.:man_shrugging: You know the old saying if it’s good to be true then it usually is. :v:t3::+1:t3:

4 Likes

Yeah, those are pretty good lights and at a $1 a watt they going in my tent. Id prefer to build my own, been on my list of things to do but time is one thing I don’t have alot of at the moment. :grin:

5 Likes

I haven’t heard any negative on their lights in a long time. It seems they have improved dramatically since they first came out, from what I’ve seen. There’s a whole bunch of people on these forms using spider farms lights. :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3: I think they’re going to work just fine for you.

5 Likes

Well here u go my fellow farmers the 2nd week of flower and all organic and a little LST

My baby girls curled real nice about to unstrap them right now…

7 Likes

Another stoner thought of the day…

8 Likes

Catch a buzz… and the stoner thoughts make perfect sense !

5 Likes