BOW4BUCK'S 2nd indoor grow

Aint been to many updates from me mostly because of a room make over.
I’ve said before, no way to grow at my best with the room conditions I had. Of course it did go together fast the first time just putting up bare minimum to get going.

Temps and top of the list humidity needed to be controled way better.

Had 2 rooms 5x12 started out as flower in one veg in the other. Didnt take long to be flowering in both so went back to one single 10x12 room. First thing was to strip it all down.

Floor is old concrete and probably no vapor barrier. Covered the floor with Dry Lock waterproof paint. Pretty much just poured on 2 gallons and spread it around for a nice thick seal… Put up some new insulation and covered everything with 6mil panda tarps.
Not sure whats worse so far, hanging that plastic and trying to be neat about it, or cleaning everything before putting it back in.

Just got the lights up today. Ac needs to go in yet. Water system needs to go back in too. Going to try something out…dehu and portable ac I usually sit on a 5 gal bucket to collect the water. Have on a couple occasions forgot it and had water on the floor. So, picked up a condensate pump. Plan is to collect the water from the dehu and ac in the pump and drain it straight to my res tank. Using Perfect PH this should be fine in my res tank but I will be mixing nutes a bit more often due to the extra water being added. A fair trade off to water on the floor I think :grin:

Hope to get everything back in and ready to run tomorrow have some of these ladies to pot up and move in there.

The autos in the solo cups have needed potting up, hopefully that happens tomorrow also and then moved to another tent.

The 4 Granddaddy Purple to get pollinated will run another week or 2 before flip.

Tried to make this as brief as possible so any questions or comments fire away all are welcome.

13 Likes

BRAVO!!! YOUR PLANTS LOOK AMAZING! :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

5 Likes

Looks super clean! Well done!

6 Likes

Lot of hard work there…like the idea of pumping your condensate right into the reservoir. Only thought I had is if it will make your nutrient solution variable enough to be a PIA !? I guess if the amount of condensate recovered is consistent enough it would be easier?!

Either way I’m sure your hard work will pay off and result in easier management in the long run!!
Good Luck!!

4 Likes

Thinking we have the same idea on the condensate pump. I figured I’d give it a try just to feel good about reclaiming the water. If it looks like it will be a pain in the ass I’ll just pump it to the laundry room drain. Either way keeps water off my floor cause I know I would forget to check buckets again in the future. :grin::v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I did it indoor grow last year where the hole grow from start to finish all the water came from the air conditioner and the dehumidifier. Every drop. It was pretty cool.

8 Likes

Yeah its gotta be pretty close to RO I would think. The biggest reason to set it up this way was just keep water off the floor. My forgetful ass would do it again for sure. The condensate pump was the cheapest and easiest way I could come up with. If I can collect the water without it causing any issues in my res tank ill use it. Otherwise I’ll just pump it to the drain. Both keep the floor clean. :grin: Man we gotta catch up its been a while and on me for sure. :v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Man Bow. That is really nice work !

Better watch out. The Professional Farmer in you is showing.
Great job !

5 Likes

Ya know, I actually looked at the room empty and thought it would be the perfect time to put in some no-till raised beds. Then I thought, why hasnt someone kicked me?:rofl:
Think the farmer in me will soon be moving away from any type of medium indoors before too long. :grin::v::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

So, I realize many of you have no need for this but… was asked if I pot up my autos. So here is a short easy way to pot them up and have no adverse effects. For the most part barring an accident, the plants always seem to just take off after being potted up. I’ve never really seen a plant that hated a transplant :grin: keep in mind this is a pretty standard method and not something I came up with but it works well.

For this one we are going from solo cups to 2 gal fabric pots. No pic of this step forgot but pretty simple, fill the bottom of the pot until you have the solo cup at the correct height inside the new pot. Then fill in around the cup. Any time potting up it is helpful for the new medium and the solo cups to be moist, not wet just moist.

Once the medium is at the top of the cup or where you think is the correct height should have something that looks like the pic above.
Press the cup into the new medium and give it a few twists while pulling up and out to remove the cup. We now have a new pot that looks like this.

Then we/I will add the mycos. Obviously an optional step but if you read whats in this stuff why wouldn’t you. I use about a tsp, the smaller of the measuring cup that comes with it. Some in the hole and some on the root ball.

To remove the plant from the solo cup is pretty simple. I place my hand over the cup with the plant between my middle finger and index finger. Again this works best if the medium is moist turn the cup upside down and give it a few squeezes around the cup, if any issues happen this is where it will be but the plant is safe in the palm of your hand. The cup usually just comes right off. Told if it gives you issues it can be cut off with utility knife or whatnot. I’ve never had to cut one off.

I’ll usually place my other hand on the bottom of the root ball to guide it into the hole created by the solo cup. Once in the new pot, looks like it been there the whole time.
And just like that, 30-45 mins all 10 in new pots.
Pretty windy day today, I’d recommend little wind or do it indoors. This pretty much had to be done and everything was already outside. Once they go back inside in a bit, regular feed and water as usual.

Again, not rocket surgery but if this helps anyone glad to show it. As mentioned, I personally have seen no ill effects from potting up autos or not.

Edit: the autos do usually go from solo cup to final pot. For photos i will usually go from a solo cup to 6" plastic then to final pot. Stick with plastic always, makes the whole process way easier removing the plant.

14 Likes

Nice tutorial Bow,
Makes perfect sense and is stupid simple…I’m sure it will help a lot of growers and I know it is indeed ‘stupid simple’ cause I never thought of it !!! Proof positive!!!

5 Likes

@OlyBoy this shit look familiar? Only thing I’ve seen close was the issue you were having. These pics are from a re-veg but have 2 autos looking like starting to show the same thing. BTW these have all been inside…

Only issue i actually know of, have a couple plants showing leaf miner issues. Never seen leaf miners do that though. Plants have been sprayed 2 weeks in a row with Capt Jack’s bug brew and leaf minners seem to be about whipped :thinking:

6 Likes

That bottom picture does indeed look similar. That’s weird.

3 Likes

Here’s what one of my affected leaves looks now that they’ve bounced back from the neutrino attack.

6 Likes

Yeah, very similar. Thinking mine just not as far along maybe. Out of 10 autos and 12-14 photos going now I only see it on 3 plants.

2 Likes

For the boys and girls that dont know what leaf miners are, the adult lays the eggs and the larva live inside the leaves. To be perfectly honest, have no idea what the parents look like. The larva leave tell tale signs on the leaves resembling a trail in most cases as they move along g and feed.

Usually not a big deal or anything to lose sleep over. A couple treatments of Spinosad of your favorite insect treatment Usually knocks em right out.

8 Likes

Bow is a true professional !
Nice job.

4 Likes

About how old are these autos you’re transplanting??

2 Likes

Damn, that is weird! Curiosity is killing me…somebody somewhere must know what is causing this but I’m STUMPED!

4 Likes

I’d have to check my notes for exact times but I think these are around 25 days from sprout. Probably 2 weeks or so longer then I would normally go.

3 Likes