BOW4BUCK'S 2nd indoor grow

I’ve never figured out what any problem was yet. I just treat the symptoms and hope for the best. If the pH is high I lower if it’s low I hire it.

2 Likes

Been a while since last update. Kinda busy as late planning crop rotation for spring and getting seed orders in.

Some shots of the flower room. Had one plant in here having issues that seems to be spreading to the others. Did a slurry test, seems ppm are low and ph on the rise 6.7. Last feed they got 1400 ppm in and dropped the ph to 5.8 going in. We shall see if this corrects the yellowing leaves. Started last big defol last night, got about half the scrog done.
Oh and they are in week 7, last run of same strain went 12 weeks.

Autos are all pretty much doing as expected.
Silver Haze started to flower in the solo cup so topped and LST only on this one.

Plan for Northern Storm was to mainline. Broke one of 2 tops completely off. So with only one top left I fimmed, managed about 10 tops from the fim.

This Tangerine i did manage to start a mainline with no issues, leaving at 8 tops.

Second Tangerine was topped and LST only just in case I screwed up the mainline on the other.

14 Likes

That is some mighty mighty frosty looking smoke buck. I mean mighty fine looking sir!

4 Likes

Damn! that sh!t is frosty!

3 Likes

Ty Sir, I’m happy with everything so far. Not happy with ph issues in weeks 6-7 of flower though. Made adjustments that will hopefully correct it.:grin:

3 Likes

Woke up to this crap like many others. About 6" over night and another 3-5 today. .e and the Kubota got the driveway cleared. Looks like the snow load was to much for the high tunnel.

9 Likes

Yuck…hey on the bright side. You get some alone time with mother nature. Smoke a bone, fire up the tractor :tractor: and score some brownie points. Get to come inside to a nice cup of joe w a scoop of budder and warm the feet! Oh man I almost which I could trade spots with you…

8 Likes

Couple close ups, need to find a better ca era. These don’t do them any justice.

10 Likes

FB_IMG_1612112051134

6 Likes

Turn your lights out and use a flash. I bet it will look way better.

3 Likes

Couple posts up i did but not close up. Didnt have my flashlight holder this go😆

2 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: <<< That’s the bs flag. :laughing:

Those are looking fantastic, Bow! :metal:

3 Likes

Hey looking to pick some brains. I’m building an auto water system. Pretty easy and straight forward. As I’m putting it together it dawns on me it is highly possible to get a siphon effect from the res tank to the plants.

I got a 30gal res tank to water to run off of maybe 7 plants. Curently thats 1-1/2 gallons in 7 gal pots. If the water level on the tank is higher then the tops on the pots the water will continue to siphon until the pressure adjusts will it not. Simple fix, raise the pots but I’m dealing low ceilings to start with. I see you hydro guys using the black storage totes as a res tank. I’m thinking this would sit lower to the floor not having the same siphon issue. What say you??? Any better ideas…
@happilyretired @OlyBoy @oldguy @repins12 and anyone else ya can think to tag :wink:
Edit: current tank i have is the blue plastic 30 gal barrel…

3 Likes

You can build a trap. Just put a quarter inch line coming off of your main water line just before the High Point coming out of your tank with a one-way air check valve on it. They sell them on Amazon they use them on fish tanks so if your air pump it’s turned off the water doesn’t run back to the air pump. This should easily fix your problem.Just install the check valve so liquid won’t come out and the air will go in.

3 Likes

Actually was just thinking this out load with my wife. Air should drain the hose right? I’ll bet ya I have a check valve here if its the right size.

3 Likes

Make sure that your check valve is below the top of the tank on the inside or it won’t work. :thinking:Well it might. But if the check valve leaks it will leak in the tank this way.

4 Likes

Ok i do have a check valve but its 3/4" so ordered one will be here tomorrow.

Next up, any grow so far, when I check trichs seemed it was pretty clear where you were at as far as harvest.
Is it just me or am I getting clear cloudy and amber all at the same time??? Might be time to chop???

7 Likes

If you’re asking me you should know I’m gonna tell you to cut a small piece of bud off the bottom of a big cola spread it apart and look inside. Get an idea of what the whole bud is doing instead of just the tips that are out under the hottest part of the light.

2 Likes

Couldn’t tell ya wich ones but a couple are pics from (lower on the bud) I have no low buds they are all the same height in the scrog. I just took multiple samples from multiple areas of the buds and multiple plants. :grin:

1 Like

I would have a real hard time restraining myself from chopping that thing down. It looks perfect to me.
I’m not one to go for couch lock, not much anyway. I am growing more Indica’s this time so I will be pushing them a little further so I can experience it.

3 Likes